Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
And I think white people voted for all of our former Presidents, including Reagon, cause they were white....why else would they have been elected to office...

Many of them were not qualified to be President...and if the white people did not vote for them...they would of lost...

When are whites going to get past the whole color thing?? Duh....

Obviously whites aren't the only one who can't get past it yet. Truth is hispanic and blacks and sometimes Asian will often support one who is alike in racial background just because. I lived in Miami long enough to see hispanics act that way, one need only go to a black forum and see that Obama is a superstar just because. Why do you think Obama had virtually all the black vote compared to Clinton when the Clinton's were once considered superstars among black Americans? Of course black Americans almost always vote DNC anyway so the GOP was never going to get their vote but....

Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Obviously whites aren't the only one who can't get past it yet. Truth is hispanic and blacks and sometimes Asian will often support one who is alike in racial background just because. I lived in Miami long enough to see hispanics act that way, one need only go to a black forum and see that Obama is a superstar just because. Why do you think Obama had virtually all the black vote compared to Clinton when the Clinton's were once considered superstars among black Americans? Of course black Americans almost always vote DNC anyway so the GOP was never going to get their vote but....
which black forum are you referring to because the ones I read there's just as much criticism as there is admiration...but I don't frequent the BET forums so that's probably why I don't see that superstar worship.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Obama has had about 18 months in office, which enough time to judge his performance. He made many promises with timelines and he has failed on all counts. The country is far worse off since he took over and now most economists say we will be in a double dip recession soon due to his policies.

So many people warned of Obama's inexperience and far left wing agenda, yet he still got elected. Can we finally admit most people voted for him because they wanted to make history by electing the first black (sort of) man to office? The media desperately wanted it for their headlines and did everything they could to ensure it happened.

Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.
This nation hasn't voted based on ability and experience since the 1950's ..

Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
which black forum are you referring to because the ones I read there's just as much criticism as there is admiration...but I don't frequent the BET forums so that's probably why I don't see that superstar worship.

One that I won't mention by name because it mainly deals with discussing curvy women and music but has a topic section for "serious" issues like politics although personally I take the issues of curvy women and music more seriously than politics. While it is not a "black" forum and the music discussed is mainly hip hop which I don't care for, the topic of curvy women draws me in and I see by the other posters that the majority of them are black.

But still, the percentage that voted for Obama over Clinton tells it also.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:49 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times
Quote:
One that I won't mention by name because it mainly deals with discussing curvy women and music but has a topic section for "serious" issues like politics although personally I take the issues of curvy women and music more seriously than politics. While it is not a "black" forum and the music discussed is mainly hip hop which I don't care for, the topic of curvy women draws me in and I see by the other posters that the majority of them are black.

But still, the percentage that voted for Obama over Clinton tells it also.
Well I frequent a couple and I can assure you that not everyone is filled with glee at his performance. In fact, quite a few of them are actually irritated by his passiveness and the way he plays both sides of the fence; not really wanting to upset anyone. But the main site I frequent is for college students and graduates so that's probably why the responses are little more varied then those you'd see on a site about curvy women and hip hop music

Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
I think that Clinton was hurt by some of the off handed comments that were made, the biggest being the Jessie Jackson comparisons I think many people too offense to it and viewed it as trying to dismiss his campaign.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well I frequent a couple and I can assure you that not everyone is filled with glee at his performance. In fact, quite a few of them are actually irritated by his passiveness and the way he plays both sides of the fence; not really wanting to upset anyone. But the main site I frequent is for college students and graduates so that's probably why the responses are little more varied then those you'd see on a site about curvy women and hip hop music

Could be varied as far as what type of forum, obviously a dedicated black political forum with posters who live and breath it might give a better insight.. I don't go out of my way to find out. However you mentioned that they are irritated with his performance, that is different than not voting for him to begin with.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Hmmm, since Obama's election is such an historic event, because of his skin tone, and his supporters always tell us how far behind Europe we are in the enlightenment vein, whty is it that European countries have not elected a black leader? Ever. It;s not like they have a shortage of racial diversity, yet we NEVER see a black, or any other but white, leader from them. If they are so far ahead of us on the racial equality scale, well, what up with dat?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Obama has had about 18 months in office, which enough time to judge his performance. He made many promises with timelines and he has failed on all counts. The country is far worse off since he took over and now most economists say we will be in a double dip recession soon due to his policies.

So many people warned of Obama's inexperience and far left wing agenda, yet he still got elected. Can we finally admit most people voted for him because they wanted to make history by electing the first black (sort of) man to office? The media desperately wanted it for their headlines and did everything they could to ensure it happened.

Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.
Color is irrelevant to most of us. Only certain types dwell on it.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Color is irrelevant to most of us. Only certain types dwell on it.
I don't buy it. If it is so irrelevant, why is it that Obama supporters always seem to bring the race subject up so much, albeit differently, by claiming said irrelevance, often to the point of vehemence. Sounds relevant to me. Then, in the same breath state not supporting him is basically racism, we just don't know it cus we right leaners are all racists anyway. I'm sick to death of the race debate from both ends...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies