Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 08:48 AM

161 posts, read 109,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
OK we want vote in any more black guy. Could all you conservatives let the rest of us know when you will be ready for it . I'm exhausted from the hate that has come up sense Obama dared to win the WHITE house.
Well I want Condoleezza Rice to be President, so I don't really think I have any hate toward blacks, especially given my skin color.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I voted for him because the alternative was not very compelling. Try harder, Republicans.
Sorry, but I am not a republican. The left needs to try to be open minded as they claim they are. Otherwise they just keep repeating talking points.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 AM

325 posts, read 235,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Obama has had about 18 months in office, which enough time to judge his performance. He made many promises with timelines and he has failed on all counts. The country is far worse off since he took over and now most economists say we will be in a double dip recession soon due to his policies.

So many people warned of Obama's inexperience and far left wing agenda, yet he still got elected. Can we finally admit most people voted for him because they wanted to make history by electing the first black (sort of) man to office? The media desperately wanted it for their headlines and did everything they could to ensure it happened.

Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.
You mean like opponent Sarah Palin? As bad as Obama is, and he is bad, I'll take my chances with him before I'll pick Nalin Palin or Bush. People picked Obama because he wasn't Bush, no other reason. Ironically he's starting to resemble Bush more and more each day.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
not even going to bother responding to the rest of that, but as for the bolded part: barack obama is a black man. apparently you've never heard of the one-drop rule, because that's all it takes.

we could've elected wesley snipes as president, and there would still be some fools saying some mess about how he's only "kind of black".

YOUR PRESIDENT IS AFRICAN AMERICAN. DEAL WITH IT

Are you sure? I remember a LOT of blacks claiming he was not black enough just prior to the nomination. He only became black enough AFTER the nomination.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:59 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Obama has had about 18 months in office, which enough time to judge his performance. He made many promises with timelines and he has failed on all counts. The country is far worse off since he took over and now most economists say we will be in a double dip recession soon due to his policies.

So many people warned of Obama's inexperience and far left wing agenda, yet he still got elected. Can we finally admit most people voted for him because they wanted to make history by electing the first black (sort of) man to office? The media desperately wanted it for their headlines and did everything they could to ensure it happened.

Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.
And you seriously believe that a 72 year old, mediocre senator and a bimbo governor of a state with a population less than that of a large US city would have done a better job of getting us out the mess George left??

The pickings were slim in the last election - you picked your poison, I picked mine.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:13 AM

507 posts, read 878,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

You'd think people on the left could come up with something besides race to throw at the republicans.

You all tell yourselves how smart you are. Yet, all you ever say to anyone that doesn't think exactly like you is that they are racist. I don't know if you all realize how dumb you actually sound.

It's boring, old and childish.

Since it is a undisputable fact that Repubs adopted racism as their primary base the moment the Dems abandoned it under Johnson, it may be boring to mention it but hardly childish.

Stating the truth is the first responsibility of an adult mind and to say otherwise is very childish.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No because the alternative would have been a disaster...

How so? ..............

Because the left said!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
Since it is a undisputable fact that Repubs adopted racism as their primary base the moment the Dems abandoned it under Johnson, it may be boring to mention it but hardly childish.

Stating the truth is the first responsibility of an adult mind and to say otherwise is very childish.

I grew up Dem! And I can say I know more racist Dems than Republicans!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:56 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

I grew up Dem! And I can say I know more racist Dems than Republicans!
So do I and that has always puzzled me. I also know more liberals in n.CA that have handguns than the conservatives we know. On our trek around our new community, one such declared "liberl" used the N word and I about fainted.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
So do I and that has always puzzled me. I also know more liberals in n.CA that have handguns than the conservatives we know. On our trek around our new community, one such declared "liberl" used the N word and I about fainted.
Its ok for them to be racist, because they pretend to be for them!
So what they use the n word they are for them no boats will be rocked in fear of being cut off of and or getting more assistance!

Like that dumb woman after obma was elected how she believed she will not have to pay rent or her car payment anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies