U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:11 PM

17,897 posts, read 24,344,277 times

Advertisements

Wheaton coyote: Trapper says he was threatened - chicagotribune.com

Quote:
A trapper hired by Wheaton in the spring to cull coyotes received
phone and e-mail threats, leading the FBI and police to investigate
unnamed animal-rights activists.

After the city's contract with Rob Erickson containing his phone
number and e-mail address was made public, Erickson said, one caller
threatened to kill him like he killed the coyote, and another targeted
his house to burn.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM

12,387 posts, read 12,438,291 times
These animal rights activists go way overboard sometimes.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
These animal rights activists go way overboard sometimes.
That's for sure.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
That's for sure.
I watched Capt. Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Society on Larry King last night, ok
I can see trying to stop the "illegal" hunting of whales but when he and his gang of hippies
interfere with the seal hunt I want to choke the SOB. As far as culling the coyotes goes,
when they are killing livestock and interfering with peoples livelihood I have no mercy on them.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,862,336 times
Quote:
I watched Capt. Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Society on Larry King last night, ok
I can see trying to stop the "illegal" hunting of whales but when he and his gang of hippies
interfere with the seal hunt I want to choke the SOB
. As far as culling the coyotes goes,
when they are killing livestock and interfering with peoples livelihood I have no mercy on them.

What seal hunt? You mean when they club baby seals to death?

Yeah, that's some great stuff...wouldn't want to interfere with that..

Old 07-02-2010, 05:43 PM

16,820 posts, read 13,625,755 times
I have shot hundreds, and I do mean hundreds, of yotes around here over the years. There are more now than when I killed my first so many years ago. Here's to our neighbor the coyote, who will outlive the Earth Wind and Sky. He will be here long after we have parted, like the cockroach the rat and the fly. Eat Beef!!! 100,000,000 coyotes can't be wrong!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
What seal hunt? You mean when they club baby seals to death?
Yeah, that's some great stuff...wouldn't want to interfere with that..
It isn't illegal, and btw it is a myth that those little baby whitecoat seals are killed, it's
been banned since 1982. Anyway that's not the topic of this thread.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
interfere with the seal hunt I want to choke the SOB. As far as culling the coyotes goes,
Watson has been added to interpol's wanted list, though no arrest warrant has been issued. Sea Shepherd's Watson on Interpol's wanted list - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Based on what I've read, the Japanese are legally hunting the whales. It's a loophole, but it's legal.

There were a couple coyote attacks recently in NY, not far from NYC. They can be dangerous to livestock and people sometimes.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:50 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,862,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

Nothing wrong with coyotes. I live in a rural area and they do a great job of cutting down on the feral cat population....

Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 PM

11,128 posts, read 13,390,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have shot hundreds, and I do mean hundreds, of yotes around here over the years. There are more now than when I killed my first so many years ago. Here's to our neighbor the coyote, who will outlive the Earth Wind and Sky. He will be here long after we have parted, like the cockroach the rat and the fly. Eat Beef!!! 100,000,000 coyotes can't be wrong!!!
I recommend using a bow, makes it one of the extreme hunting challenges, as they are a wiley critter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Nothing wrong with coyotes. I live in a rural area and they do a great job of cutting down on the feral cat population....
They also take down the occasional calf, kid (goat), and lamb. Not to mention the occasional pet in peoples yard.

Animal management is just that, management, not the utter elimination of one species to save another. If you start getting a substantial population of coyote in an urban area, it can be as much a nuisance as having packs of feral dogs roaming about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies