Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:42 AM

296 posts, read 272,945 times

Advertisements

holy crap! you can hate a sport. What sort of fool would try to say you can't hate a sport? I hate soccer because it is SOOOOOOOOOO BORING. You waste a ton of time and end up with a score of 1-1. WOW! That is so freaking exciting. And the fans are a bunch of fanatical barbarians, mostly from third world countries. Soccer is not a sport and I hate it. Get over yourself already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 07:32 AM

24,364 posts, read 22,953,239 times
I've seen news footage of locals promoting soccer in Phialdephia with a new soccer stadium built nearby in Chester or thereabouts. They showed many hispanic fans of the game and some young white guys but even fewer blacks. So are blacks xenophobic and right wing? PS, soccer fans, stop telling me I have to like soccer and how everybody is liking it. Its boring, maybe even more boring than hockey. Maybe have a few more riots in the stands, have a few more crooked refs get beaten by the players and fans, make it more fun. Or how about having them chase a pig( but not kick it) around and try to have it run into the other teams goal?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,252,057 times
i LOATHE Glen Beck...and anyone who takes him seriously.

i also LOATHE soccer. its more boring to watch than baseball.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,450,115 times
Beck has the number 1 show in his hour so I guess many take him seriously. Heck, why do some get all hyper when he said he doesn't like soccer if he isn't taken seriously? LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 04:14 PM

15,442 posts, read 21,272,697 times
I am right of most modern-day conservatives but I could count on a cotton-ginner's hand the number of times I've watched any sports game from start to finish in the past fifty years. I seem to have always had pursuits that were more interesting to me than watching a competition sport. I don't hate sports or the people who participate in it. I've actually admired a few players as they have grown older.

Those who are so inclined to assume that everyone must share a passion of a sport of some sort should be reminded of what one old and wise genealogical researcher once told me during my early fevered search for my ancestors; "You are in danger of being a bore if you assume that others share your enthusiasm and passion for the subject."

Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,527,405 times
I hate soccer, but I'm not a right winger. It's a boring game! All it is is passing around a ball for hours with no one scoring. Snooze fest! I also hate every other sport like football, but at least it has a fancy halftime show and neat commercials during the Super Bowl.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:03 PM

406 posts, read 494,579 times
Anyone else think soccer is like watching a marathon with changes in direction. Soccer ranks right up there with the WNBA for me.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 PM

915 posts, read 1,186,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
Anyone else think soccer is like watching a marathon with changes in direction. Soccer ranks right up there with the WNBA for me.

HAHA I like soccer but your quote is funny. It's true when the teams are bad it can be a boring game. But for instance today's match between Spain and Germany was exciting. I can't wait for the final

Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM

683 posts, read 1,465,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I am a lifelong hockey player/fan (Right Winger, pun intended) and while I've never played soccer, I have tremendous respect for the sport and its physical/tactical demands. I've actually been following the World Cup a bit and was very proud of Team USA's efforts.

Having said that:

(1) It's wrong to associate Right Wing Xenophobia with Soccer because Glenn Beck doesn't like Soccer. I know a few folks that played Soccer in college and are proudly and openly right wingers, as well as a few left wingers that despise the sport (like Beck, with nebulous jusitification).

(2) Beck is trying to stir the pot, and he succeeded with passionate soccer fans like yourselves. If he took a swipe at hockey, I would aim a slapper from the slot at his fat head.

(3) Beck and O'Reilly likely don't know ****e about soccer. If you asked them to define "offsides," they wouldn't have a clue.

(4) Soccer is the most popular sport in the world because it doesn't take a lot of money/logistics to play - you need a ball, a few players, a field of some surface, and a goal marker. That is why the majority of people in dirt-poor Third World krapistans can play it so well.
I did not know Germany U.K. holland Spain brazil Argentina Sweden japan south Korea Norway Portugal Italy Greece France etc etc were poor countries.

Last edited by Edu983; 07-07-2010 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 PM

683 posts, read 1,465,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
I tried to watch the NFL version of football (HandOvoid) and I got tired of watching geico commercials.

Please don't insult real football (FIFA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies