Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

There's nothing more stupid that people that say they hate a sport.
The fact is, soccer exposes right wing xenophobia

YouTube - Glenn Beck And Soccer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
FAIL! Glenn Beck does not represent the majority of "right wingers".

Old 07-02-2010, 08:03 PM

406 posts, read 495,733 times
Ha ha ha, this is so much of a stretch gumby wouldn't touch it.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
I bet he starts crying. I was flipping through the channels two days ago during the 5 o clock hour, and I never watch Glenn Beck, but not 15 seconds into my viewing time, he starts crying. But he forced himself to do it. You could see him, his face straining. It was literally the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on tv.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Beck is so simple minded that he refers to the vuvuzela as "the big horn"...

Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:

There's nothing more stupid than saying someone can't dislike a sport without being xenophobic.

Everyone has different tastes in sports. Some like baseball, some football, some car racing. What does that have to do with xenophobia?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:15 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
I am a lifelong hockey player/fan (Right Winger, pun intended) and while I've never played soccer, I have tremendous respect for the sport and its physical/tactical demands. I've actually been following the World Cup a bit and was very proud of Team USA's efforts.

Having said that:

(1) It's wrong to associate Right Wing Xenophobia with Soccer because Glenn Beck doesn't like Soccer. I know a few folks that played Soccer in college and are proudly and openly right wingers, as well as a few left wingers that despise the sport (like Beck, with nebulous jusitification).

(2) Beck is trying to stir the pot, and he succeeded with passionate soccer fans like yourselves. If he took a swipe at hockey, I would aim a slapper from the slot at his fat head.

(3) Beck and O'Reilly likely don't know ****e about soccer. If you asked them to define "offsides," they wouldn't have a clue.

(4) Soccer is the most popular sport in the world because it doesn't take a lot of money/logistics to play - you need a ball, a few players, a field of some surface, and a goal marker. That is why the majority of people in dirt-poor Third World krapistans can play it so well.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:

Do you like NASCAR???

Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
There's nothing more stupid than saying someone can't dislike a sport without being xenophobic.

Everyone has different tastes in sports. Some like baseball, some football, some car racing. What does that have to do with xenophobia?
People around the world like the sports that they grew up with and think that different sports played in other countries are stupid. For once Beck is just being normal.

P.S. Canadian ringette & hockey girls can beat anyone in any sport. Don't mess with them unless you have health insurance.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM

898 posts, read 1,402,389 times
Quote:

I've not come across even one sport that is even remotely entertaining to watch. They're all boring as hell as a spectator. Why spend money or time to watch someone else play a game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies