Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:16 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times

Advertisements

This thread is hilarious - a very telling display of how many extreme right-wingers on this board are actually anti-Constitution and anti-freedom when it comes down to it. Rather ironic on the 4th of July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 04:35 PM

454 posts, read 482,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Here's where I misunderstand. I've several friends who are Muslim and they are wonderful people. Family oriented, friendly, and I know from personal experience they would give someone in need the shirts from the backs. They've never tried to convert me or anyone else and I've never heard or seen violence from them.

I'm certainly not saying that all muslims are like this, but it seems they are people like anyone else. There are good, there are bad, and there are in between.
I really think that you should read A God Who Hates written by Wafa Sultan.
It will make you think twice.

In some parts of the book Wafa describes conversations between herself an Arab Muslim and other Arabs Muslim in the USA.

In one conversation she is driving in a car with an Arab Muslim woman who argues with her that America is ugly as this homeless person they just drove by. She said to Wafa that she cannot stand America, and when Wafa try to argue with her about all the beauty and opportunities in America, and about the great job this woman could have never had in Syria as a woman, she get nowhere.

Up to this point you can argue that not all Americans like America. But then you hear the rest of the story.

Wafa goes to a party in the same woman's house. This time there are outsiders in the party, Americans and even that woman's boss.
The boss's get to to talk to Wafa, and she said that what she appreciate the most about her employee (the Arab who hosts the party), is how much grateful and loyal she is to America.... So you see each story as the other side.

Wafa in her book said how stunned she she was to see Muslim Arabs that came to the US and have really made it here, still when among other Muslims talks bad about the same country that gave them all these opportunities.

Her book really made me thing about the lady that cut my hair a Muslim from Afghanistan, the things she said to me about how much she is thankful to be here. Made me wonder if she talks to same to her Afghan friends.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
The muslims I know, have. Maybe if the MEDIA distanced muslims from terrorists, prejudice would evaporate.
It's quite hard to distance when that's what it is.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Probably should keep all the Fundies together, down South.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:14 PM

Default The Muslim Brotherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
evidence?
Check out the history and goals of the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Muslim Brotherhood was the same Terrorist organization that murder President Sadat for signing a peace agreement with Israel.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6386

Founded in 1928 by the Egyptian activist Hasan al-Banna, the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood is one of the oldest, largest and most influential Islamist organizations. Egypt has historically been the center of the Brotherhood’s operations, though the group maintains offshoots throughout the Arab-Muslim world -- including in Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, the Palestinian territories (Hamas), Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Sudan -- and is also active in the United States and Europe. Islam expert Robert Spencer
has called the Muslim Brotherhood "the parent organization of Hamas and al Qaeda."

The Brotherhood was founded in accordance with al-Banna’s proclamation that Islam be “given hegemony over all matters of life.” Accordingly, the Brotherhood seeks to establish an Islamic Caliphate spanning the entire Muslim world. It also aspires to make Islamic (Shari’a) law the sole basis of jurisprudence and governance. Toward this purpose -- encapsulated in the Brotherhood’s militant credo: “God is our objective, the Koran is our Constitution, the Prophet is our leader, struggle is our way, and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations” -- the Brotherhood since its founding has supported the use of armed struggle, or jihad.The Brotherhood supports the waging of jihad against non-Muslim “infidels,” and has expressed support for terrorism against Israel, whose legitimacy the Brotherhood does not recognize, and against the West, particularly the United States.

... Dividing the world into the “Party of Allah and the Party of Satan,” Qutb declared that Egyptian society under Nasser was contrary to Islam,..., Qutb’s writings are now cited by many scholars as one of the first formulations of political Islam..... inspired a widespread following within the Brotherhood. Terrorist groups like al Qaeda have today embraced his call for violence in the service of Islam.

...Later, however, the Brotherhood joined the political Left in opposing Sadat’s peace treaty with Israel, believing the normalization of relations with Israel to be a betrayal of Islam.

In the Palestinian territories, Hamas in January of 2006 defeated the rival Fatah party to win the Palestinian legislative elections, becoming the first branch of the Muslim Brotherhood to control an official government.

Outside the Middle East, the Brotherhood has expanded its operations to the United States. Muslim activists affiliated with the Brotherhood have founded the Muslim Students' Association, the North American Islamic Trust, the Islamic Society of North America, the American Muslim Council, and the International Institute of Islamic Thought. The Brotherhood also reportedly exercises a strong influence in Muslim communities throughout Europe.

In recent years, the Brotherhood has attempted to forge a reputation as a moderate and reformist Islamic group that has renounced its violent past. Lending plausibility to this reputation has been criticism of the organization by radical Islamist groups, who have condemned the Brotherhood’s willingness to participate in the political process as heretical. These groups have also criticized the Brotherhood for supposedly abandoning violent struggle as a means of establishing an Islamic empire.

However, numerous statements by the Brotherhood’s leadership belie its moderate posture. Ali Sadreddine Bayanouni, the leader of the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood, has repeatedly disavowed violence while concurrently pledging his support for the terrorism of Hamas and Hezbollah. Muhammad Mahdi Othman Akef, a prominent leader of the Brotherhood, has expressed his support for suicide bombings in Israel and Iraq "in order to expel the Zionists and the Americans." He has also denounced the United States as a “Satan,” saying: “I have complete faith that Islam will invade Europe and America, because Islam has logic and a mission.” Many other leaders of the Brotherhood have likewise justified terrorism against Israel and the United States, with many defending the September 11 terrorist attacks against America. Jews are another common object of the Brotherhood’s hatred. Of the Jewish people, Sheik Yousef Al-Qaradhawi, the spiritual leader of the Brotherhood, has written: “There is no dialogue between them and us other than in one language -- the language of the sword and force.”

Even as it is deemed insufficiently militant by some Islamist groups, the Brotherhood has had a discernible influence on contemporary jihadist terrorism. Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the architect of 9/11, was a member of Muslim Brotherhood. More prominently still, Abdullah Azzam, a Palestinian Muslim Brotherhood preacher, was a mentor to al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Apparently not.

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/2v2v5vm - broken link)
If you actually read what you googled... you will see that the first two links are from the same site.
Among the organization listed as condemning is CAIR, an organization with direct ties to terrorism itself.
the third talks about ex Muslim condemnation of Terror.
I don't argue that some Muslims condemn terror, especially since they suffer from it themselves. Look at terror attacks at Muslim Countries against Muslims.
I don't argue that some Muslims want to live peacefully.
I do argue that they follow the Quran they cannot.
I argue that they need to reform their religion.
I argue that the few Muslims clerics that for example support Israel, have a Fatwa (death sentence that can be executed by any Muslim) on their life.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 PM

382 posts, read 302,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I want legal proof we are a Christian nation. We are a nation of Christians, but so are we one of Jews and Hindus and deists and buddhists.

This comment is a disgrace to this magnificant nation. Contemplate that today. While you eat your bbq. Be sure to thank the Muslim soldiers who died for you to do such.
I find the bolded part funny because Muslim's do not eat pork.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:34 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
isnt freedom to assemble a constitutional right? i dont see how they could not get it up. will be interesting

Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,404 times
I must ask though...

In order to be building a mosque in Murfreesboro, there must be a significant amount of Muslims already living in the area of Rutherford County. Or, they would be going to Nashville, or somewhere where there already is a mosque.

Now... if all Muslims are violent terrorists that want to impose sharia law - how come they haven't made attacks on Murfreesboro, Rutherford County, Nashville, anywhere in Middle Tennessee already?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Heck if I were there, I would also be protesting against this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies