Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times

Advertisements

I can understand the suing in a sons death, if the cop had something to do w/ the death, but as for the woman suing over a hot cup of tea, I think she's just a con artist who doesnt want to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Brooklyn mother is suing over a cup of scalding tea that she claims severely burned her infant son at a Starbucks.

Villona Maryash claims the tea was "improperly served" without a protective sleeve.

Read more: Brooklyn mom sues Starbucks over scalding tea that burned infant son - NYPOST.com
typical whiley liberal thief,,she should have her kid taken away from her for SHE ENDANGERED the child...but she needs the kid to keep her welfare

Old 07-09-2010, 10:13 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times
This case is similar to the Mcdonald hot coffee case a few years ago in which a woman spilled hot coffee over herself and got scalded----she sued claiming the coffee was too hot.

America has becoming a wonderful country-----a nation of litigants and eager attorneys waiting to file countless lawsuits in a pitiful attempt to extort money on laughable grounds.

The new motto in our country these day is if you cant make it financially----by all means hire a scuzzy attorney and extort----sue somebody and try for a killing.

Our legal system has encouraged the avalance of frivilous and useless litigation. With our legal system currently being bogged down, serious legal issues take forever to resolve because the amateurs are tying up the legal system in their humiliatiing attempts to pull financial heists.

These suits are shameful, con games, and are propagated by the attorneys who claim to be defenders of the people. When I was young in Milwaukee we had a joke that went as follows------What do call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of Lake Michigan???? Answer------a good start.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I can understand the suing in a sons death, if the cop had something to do w/ the death, but as for the woman suing over a hot cup of tea, I think she's just a con artist who doesnt want to work.
The son was attempting to evade capture after a home invasion.
He could have easily made the choice to stop driving.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:18 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX-ALBO View Post
Probably a welfare thief. they are the most likely to pull these stunts. free housing, food and healthcare aint enough. they just wait for the right opportunity, wouldnt be suprised if she intentionally spilled it on her son.
I highly doubt she is a "welfare mama" if she's at Starbucks. - Just my opinion.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:36 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
"Mother" should be arrested for child abuse.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
ALRIGHT!!! Now she and her family are licking their chops at the big settlement they'll get. Thank God! It only took three tries to scald the kid so that the burns would stick properly and look believable - thanks for taking one for the team, kid. We'll buy you something nice when you grow up. This is so much better than working for a living.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
(sorry for quasi-thread hijack, it's somewhat on topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I can understand the suing in a sons death, if the cop had something to do w/ the death
The police were pursuing a car full of men armed with guns who had just committed a home invasion! What next just let them go since attempts to capture them might injure or kill them? She is suing for 5 million.

Article here:
Woman files $5 million suit against Gilbert over son's death

"The incident stems from a 2:30 a.m. home invasion on the 3600 block of East Stampede Drive. According to police reports, Anthony Gonzales, Robert Gonzales, Ralph Chacon and Dominicio Soldano allegedly stormed the home claiming to be police armed with bulletproof vests and automatic weapons. A fifth suspect, identified as Isidro Pineda Jr., remained outside as a lookout, reports state.

Police reports state the men assaulted a man inside the home and ransacked the place looking for $60,000 in jewelry. The four suspects in the home then fled in a Jeep Cherokee, as did Pineda, who later surrendered to police while in a Cadillac Escalade. Police pursued the Jeep onto the San Tan Loop 202 as it entered a shopping center on Williams Field Road. Robert and Anthony Gonzales, Soldano and Chacon then fled from the Jeep, then eventually got back in and continued west on Williams Field Road.

As the SUV neared the 400 block of Williams Field Road one of the officers conducted a PIT maneuver, which causes a vehicle to spin to a stop when clipped by another vehicle. The maneuver caused the Jeep to roll, pinning Anthony Gonzales, police reports state. Marlo Gonzales claims three officers involved in the chase were "grossly negligent, reckless and used excessive force." She also accuses the officers of not following department pursuit policy and failing to provide medical attention to her son."

In my opinion there is only one person responsible for her son's death, and that is her son when he picked up an automatic weapon, a bullet proof vest, and starting robbing/assaulting people.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times
5 millions dollars????? I highly doubt she will get that much money.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
I'm sure a lot of people read this and automatically refer back to the "woman who sued Mc D's over hot coffee". Those facts were kept sealed for a long time, but that womans entire vagina was melted shut and she had many reconstructive surgeries but still never came out right. That case is now used for reference purposes and made new case law history.

But, if you're trying to scam ANYONE to make a buck....slam them down quick and make sure the attorney is underneath!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies