Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 PM

662 posts, read 1,048,855 times

Advertisements

Please, no fighting or anything.

Anyways, I was wondering if race mattered majorly if you are dating (or just friends)? For me no, as it depends on personlity.

I mean, I'm in college and if I find somebody who has similar likes to me or is succesful, I'd rather date theme if they are a different race than someone who isn't doing something in their life than their own race.

I'm just trying to see if my theory works....Toodles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 06:24 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Race does not even come into play when it comes to dating.

There are a lot of beautiful women out there. I want all that I can have.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 PM

382 posts, read 302,754 times
Seems to be another attempt at making people fight over stupid things. Personally I was never attracted to a nonwhite girl as far as dating I have been friends with few others of different races a good friend was half mexican half white actually got in tons of trouble together. So as far as dating would go no I stay with my race as far as friends I am not as stringent.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:35 PM

662 posts, read 1,048,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
Seems to be another attempt at making people fight over stupid things. Personally I was never attracted to a nonwhite girl as far as dating I have been friends with few others of different races a good friend was half mexican half white actually got in tons of trouble together. So as far as dating would go no I stay with my race as far as friends I am not as stringent.
I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just wondering if it education/status matters over race. To some people it does matter, I'm just wondering if, say a doctor would marry a ceo if that ceo was a different race. Or what factors play into the dating scene. Just something I always wondered.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:53 PM

382 posts, read 302,754 times
Alright. I will go along with you. I didn't date my wife because of her job status or her skin color for that matter since I only date white women anyways it was never an issue with me at least. I dated her and married her because of her personality and the things we had in common.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:59 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
My first husband is from Honduras and is Hispanic. I am white.

Now when I look back, the DIFFERECE was part of the attraction.

As far as education, I was lucky to get ouf of HS, he has a masters in physics.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:39 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
What matters to you more,.....
Race, no.

Looks, yes.

Then personality, similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies