Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Why? What should he do to protest? Run the flag pole up his butt and run around the development draped in only a flag?He's welcome to petition his HOA and attend meetings to air his grievance. He's welcome to get a petition signed by other residents. Or isn't that newsworthy enough.

Hippies broke RULES (LAWS) all the time by sitting their behinds down in the middle of traffic, disrupting the day-to-day with their sit-ins and such. They still do. Hunker down in a tree so it won't be torn down, breaking a rule, but seen as protesting. You're confusing hippies with their more radical contemporaries. Most hippies were love and peace.
Don't those protesters who sit in trees get arrested?

Throwing paint on a fur coat is also breaking the RULES, but falls under "protesting". And jail/fine for restitution or destruction of personal property.

But those are for better causes?

This man isn't breaking into Hummer dealerships and spray painting the vehicles or setting fire to them (also a form of "protesting" and very illegal, yet still seen as "protesting"). Were those people caught and did they pay for their transgression?

Or are those types of "protesting" different b/c no one signed a piece of paper promising "not to"? He signed a CONTRACT. I guess contract law is not your strong suit.

You are a Vet? What county did you serve under?
Haha, you're so funny.
He signed a contract and is not willing to comply with the terms of the contract. He will be fined for breach of contract.

And you're a veteran of what?
_________
tinman, I think that this guy is trying to break the rules by saying that he's a veteran.
It's a fact not germane to the story.
He's simply a person breaking the rules.
The fact that he's a vet is extraneous information and used to emotionalize and bring in false patriotism into the discussion.

The same thing as the thread about the woman who refused to pay her phone bill and use her husband's status to get out of a $350 cancellation fee.
Being a veteran is not a get out of responsibility card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
We're talking about an HOA here. He knew the rules before he moved in. If he didn't like them he didn't have to buy a house there. I don't know what his point is because he's not going to win. And he's still going to have to pay the fine. It's his choice.
You're not getting the point. You're being too literal.

Anyone is allowed to protest and can. Against anything they want to and no matter what.

The outcome is what is will be. I'm not saying he should be allowed to do anything but he does have a RIGHT to protest just like everyone else who thinks what they "fight for" despite anything (including common sense) is so much MORE WORTH IT.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Haha, you're so funny.
He signed a contract and is not willing to comply with the terms of the contract. He will be fined for breach of contract.
That is in fact the bottom line. He was dumb enough to sign the contract and move into a community that he obviously has no business living in.
He deserves the fine.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Haha, you're so funny.

Not the point Chile.

Funny how liberals are so literal when it doesn't apply to something they believe in.

What country was it that you said you served under?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Not the point Chile.

Funny how liberals are so literal when it doesn't apply to something they believe in.

What country was it that you said you served under?
Exactly the point and the only point.
Try getting my name right, will you?

And you served?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That is in fact the bottom line. He was dumb enough to sign the contract and move into a community that he obviously has no business living in.
He deserves the fine.

Bottom line? Yes.

The point? No.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 PM

It's the only point.
You sign a contract, you're responsible for upholding it.

Still didn't answer my question, you're a veteran? It's a pretty simple yes/no answer.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Bottom line? Yes.

The point? No.
In which case whats the beef? He signed a contract. Use the system to change the contract or obey the rules. No one forced this man to move there. If enough folks in the community agree with him they will change the rules. Simply breaking the rules and hiding behind I am a Vet excuse isn't good enough nor is it right.
He absolutly deserves what he gets out of this deal. I detest Vets waving the flag and using I am a vet excuse for everything. Most Vets feel no need to do such things.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
A contract is a contract. He gets no by on rukles ;he should know this as a veteran.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:10 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
He contracted to abide by the rules~ He broke the contract~ he deserves to pay the fine and get tossed out. Veteran? If he contracted to the service and broke his contract he would be less than honerably dicharged.

Sounds to me like sawdustmaker is another one of those that KNOWS someone who is a vet~ but his posts are like those that kinda wish maybe he shoulda been one!

That's about what this is~ oh, considering what everybody is asking maybe I should state that yes~ I'm a 20 year veteran~ and I vote to toss the joker out~ he dosn't have the right!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies