Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:02 PM

512 posts, read 861,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I took the promote and protect straight from the Preamble of the Constitution: "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"

As for religious freedom, it goes both ways. Everyone must have their right to pursue faith, as they see it, not as a government sees fit for them. It is more than establishing a religion [like England], it is making sure the government is indifferent so that we the citizens may have free exersize there of. It's not just a law, it is to protect the faithful, faithless and to protect the reason we have civil laws.
Wrong again. Take another look at your post. You said promote the well being of the citizens. That has an entirely different meaning than "promote the general welfare" of an entire country.

You need to understand that words have power in their meaning. It's something our founding fathers understood, in fact most people long ago understood, and it's something many people today don't. I could write an entire essay on the differences of the two phrases above. If you're going to defend your beliefs, do yourself a favor and get the facts right, then get out a dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
If you knew anything you would know that tapping on a ‘puter keyboard does not mean your opinion matters one iota to me.

It is possible to provide a detailed thesis that outlines the current democrat party hybridization of these two very different yet equally nefarious systems. I could (and have) spend some time, outlining the odd convergence taking place where a government bows to unions yet equally binds itself to business interests. I would do so but people of your ilk bore me.

You rant. You accuse. You tout your own “intelligence” by questioning the intelligence of others. But you are not original. You are just another voice bleating the same mantra you have been spoon fed. Keep your education. It has done little for you beyond making you feel good about you.

PS. Don’t look but loads of folk are now laughing at you… not with you… at you…
You think this is an opinion? You think that two things by their own nature which are opposites can in fact becomes one in the same.

Let them laugh...they only thing they are laughing at is their [and your] own stupidity and ignorance.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
Wrong again. Take another look at your post. You said promote the well being of the citizens. That has an entirely different meaning than "promote the general welfare" of an entire country.

You need to understand that words have power in their meaning. It's something our founding fathers understood, in fact most people long ago understood, and it's something many people today don't. I could write an entire essay on the differences of the two phrases above. If you're going to defend your beliefs, do yourself a favor and get the facts right, then get out a dictionary.
and pray tell, the difference between well being and welfare?

is it the same difference between fascism and communism?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:09 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
You think this is an opinion? You think that two things by their own nature which are opposites can in fact becomes one in the same.

Let them laugh...they only think they are laughing is their [and your] own stupidity and ignorance.
that was a boarderline personal attack... maybe someone else will report it? LOL

at least you are funny...

Old 07-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
that was a boarderline personal attack... maybe someone else will report it? LOL

at least you are funny...
at least I know the difference between communism and fascism.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
and pray tell, the difference between well being and welfare?

is it the same difference between fascism and communism?
It's about time you educate yourself, little tyke. If you truly don't understand the difference between well being of a person and welfare of a country, than you need to go back to the basics. You need to start with general glossary terms and work your way up through ancient history (not only will this give you great insight into the mistakes all governments have made over and over again, it'll help you understand the glossary terms you just learnd). After that, if you don't understand the difference between the two, we have a special class for you down the hall.

You want to attempt to be cute and clever, but you're making yourself look like an idiot to even those who might agree with your beliefs. Stop and grow some humility while you have the chance.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
you also know about "that law about seperation of church and state" dont you?

LOL

Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Imkcin is sooooo S M R T....

LOL

Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
It's about time you educate yourself, little tyke.
Those who patronize have run out of ideas and the respect of their fellow mankind.

I see you have done both.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
You may know about their differences, but I don't think you truly understand what the two movements represent. You've read about them, most likely from articles which hold your same beliefs, but you haven't spent time understanding their history, or you wouldn't be throwing around $5 words while you can't even properly recite your nation's (I'm assuming you're American, I apologize if I'm wrong) recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies