Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should creationism be taught in public schools?
Yes 71 19.09%
No 295 79.30%
I don't know/No opinion 6 1.61%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:28 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not both. One or the other. Black or white. That's how things work.
I'm not certain but, I thought we went through this before. I do remember that you have a lot of trouble admitting a mistake though...

The theory of gravity describes how gravity works, what causes it, and how it behaves. The biggest difference between a law and a theory is that a theory is much more complex and dynamic. A law describes a single action based on the theory.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
No, again, it's the LAW of Gravity, not a Theory.
Newton's theory of "Universal Gravitation"

Old 12-20-2010, 06:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The creators of creationism are very creative. They are also completely wrong. Their theories should be taught in Religion classes along with all the rest of the creation myths.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Not both. One or the other. Black or white. That's how things work.
From what you have written, I'm thinking you wouldn't know how things work in science if it slapped you in the face. Yes, Gravity is both. I bet you don't even understand my signature tagline about not believing in music because it is just a theory. Tell you what, let's see if you can write out this Law of Gravity and then write out the Theory. You are under the false impression that Theory and Law are like different levels on a scale of certainty, even after you have been corrected. Is that what you think? This is your obstinacy of error.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
From what you have written, I'm thinking you wouldn't know how things work in science if it slapped you in the face. Yes, Gravity is both. I bet you don't even understand my signature tagline about not believing in music because it is just a theory. Tell you what, let's see if you can write out this Law of Gravity and then write out the Theory. You are under the false impression that Theory and Law are like different levels on a scale of certainty, even after you have been corrected. Is that what you think? This is your obstinacy of error.
Science has a responsibility for reproducible results. It does or doesn't work. Science requires precision.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Science has a responsibility for reproducible results. It does or doesn't work. Science requires precision.

Okaaayy...and... Answering a question I did not ask, eh?

So why don't you want to be precise in your usage of scientific terms? Are you still searching for how to write out the Law of Gravity and our current Theory of Gravity?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The creators of creationism are very creative. They are also completely wrong. Their theories should be taught in Religion classes along with all the rest of the creation myths.

It's not a question of right or wrong.

It's a question of bullschit.

Bullschit doesn't belong in a classroom for any purpose other than to analyze bullschit.

Bullschit needs a precise definition for maintenance of proper nomenclature.

There are many species of bullschit.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Okaaayy...and... Answering a question I did not ask, eh?
From what you have written, I'm thinking you wouldn't know how things work in science if it slapped you in the face.

To answer your other question, I'm not going to waste MY time on it. It isn't worthy.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Default Dismaying...

It's a sad indictment of the American public that so many are incapable of correctly discerning the simple, straightforward differences between scientific theory, scientific law, and common opinion.

Too may posters on this thread slept through their HS science classes and now go forth into the world spewing their silly misconceptions as if they were facts.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra
From what you have written, I'm thinking you wouldn't know how things work in science if it slapped you in the face.

To answer your other question, I'm not going to waste MY time on it. It isn't worthy.
Well, if you don't know, you don't know. Here was a great opportunity for you to learn, yet you equate learning with wasting your yime and you want to remain in your ignorance. It's just absurd for you to tell people how things work, when it's clear you don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies