Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
The irony of this is, not one white person on here would trade places with a black person...EVER. And you can quote me on that. I don't care what your stance is, if by some twist of fate you woke up black tomorrow you would not be like, "awesome, now I can get those benefits that black people do!" You'd curse the Lord for the duration of the day. And there would probably be a couple suicides.
LOL don't know if you're a Chris Rock fan but he has a joke that says pretty much the same thing and he's rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
I don't think they would take someone of my makeup.
sure they would - u just have to keep your hood and gloves on at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 11:19 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
I am really feeling sorry for my male white friends and even whites I do not know. The game seems to be stacked against you in today's world. If you voice opposition to the current government, you are labeled as racist. The government programs designed strictly for minorities today make it impossible for you to compete. You have to battle obstacles in obtaining a job because you have to beat a system designed to hire minorities over you for the sake of diversity.

It's a shame that a country which has come so far as to not discriminate against me is now openly discriminating against you. Stand up for your rights and fight for equality. Don't let anyone make you feel like being quiet is better than being called a racist. FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!

And for the record, the government providing special results for me is an outright INSULT.
I'm a Libertarian through and through.

I never think much about race. I think some people find that insulting....who cares. I remember MLK saying to judge people for the contents of their characters. I try to do that.

Basically, what I'm saying is...nobody should be given a special privelage for something they don't have any control over, nor should they be punished.

I guess, as a white male, it never really bothers me what others say. Call me racist, call me whatever...but I'm usually right. And those that know me know I fight for the rights of everyman.

This was a terrible post. I couldn't put my thoughts together. Sorry.

And by your screen name....I would take it that you are already involved with None of the Above? If not google it and spread it like wildfire.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 PM

325 posts, read 235,729 times
Quote:
I don't think they would take someone of my makeup.
You never know.

YouTube - Black White Supremist Dave Chappelle Complete

Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post

LOL...I like that book "Dump Truck" by Clayton Bixby...good read

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Give Muffy my love...did she ever get around to redecorating her summer home?
Natalay, darling! No, she decided it would be too stressful to worry about while in the Hamptons so she just sold the place and bought a little place on the Hudson.

We'll have to do lunch at the polo club! Have your people get in touch with my people.

Chaio!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
I am on the wrong end of the spectrum to be called bigoted over this.

I am very much offended that people in power think I or anyone like me can only get by with special consideration from them. The only way there will be racial harmony is when we treat everyone exactly the same. I do not believe in racism or in reverse racism. I do not want any special treatment. I want to be treated the same as my white friends.

I find too many people on my side of the fence using racism as an excuse for their own failures. I find that pathetic. Think like a victim and you will always be a victim. Think like a winner and you will become one.
I believe I said that anyone under the impression that all successful minorities would not be able to acheive success without some form of affirmative action is a biggot. I consider myself successful. I have never benefited from affirmative action. I have never been given anything simply for being a minority. I have worked for what I have.

Since you believe that discrimination against White males is a common occurence, can you provide stats and give examples of White males who are not successful because some minority who was less qualified than them got a college education or job over them that prevented them from succeeding?

It sounds like you are the token friend of some racists and you believe the crap they're feeding you. I don't feel sorry for white males, just as I don't feel sorry for criminals that deserve to be in prison or welfare recipients who complain about being poor but do nothing to change their situation. Again, if they're losers, it is their fault. They need to make life changes. Now people are actually whining about affirmative action and blaming it for their shortcomings. That is playing the victim just as much or more than people that cry racism when it's not the case.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 PM

161 posts, read 109,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I don't feel sorry for white males, just as I don't feel sorry for criminals that deserve to be in prison
This view and the posted stereotypes that white people are all country club rich living the good life at the expense of us minorities is the reason for the poor race relations today. It pits one group against another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It sounds like you are the token friend of some racists and you believe the crap they're feeding you. Again, if they're losers, it is their fault. They need to make life changes. Now people are actually whining about affirmative action and blaming it for their shortcomings. That is playing the victim just as much or more than people that cry racism when it's not the case.
I don't know where this is coming from. I have white friends and fellow minorities as friends. My white friends are not losers and are not complaining. I have some minority friends who feel something is owed to them and are all but looking for a handout. I find that shameful and no amount of discussion with them has been able to get them out of the victim mentality. They have this mentality because our society today promotes it. Politicians make a living at it. Keep as many people feeling as though they need the government to fix their problems and the more votes you will get.

Companies have to fall right in line with the government policies. My company has a very open policy of trying to hire or contract with minorities and minority business owners. When you specifically target hiring one spectrum of the workforce, you are by definition discriminating against the other and putting them at a disadvantage. This is the reason for the thread. Enough is enough. It is time to treat EVERYONE as equals.

Does anyone have a problem with a NO DISCRIMINATION against ANYONE policy or is it that reverse discrimination is acceptable?

Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM

37 posts, read 106,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
The irony of this is, not one white person on here would trade places with a black person...EVER. And you can quote me on that. I don't care what your stance is, if by some twist of fate you woke up black tomorrow you would not be like, "awesome, now I can get those benefits that black people do!" You'd curse the Lord for the duration of the day. And there would probably be a couple suicides.
Except for maybe wiggers but they could want to go back to being white agian.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma Jaydes View Post
Except for maybe wiggers but they could want to go back to being white agian.

Now that's going a little too far......lol.....That's an exaguration...I would trade spots with a black person who is able to provide stability for himself because I sure can't right now. I'm unemployed and happy that I am making some steps to accomplish my goals but I've come from a life that I know lots of blacks in my path have had more than I did growing up. I don't have the worst life but I'm saying that I knew black kids when I was growing up who's families were far better off than mine was/is.

To prove my point...I remember from the time I was in kindergarten until I reached 11th grade (because I dropped out of my highschool) that I always wanted to wear Jordans or Nike's before Jordans came out and Adidas ect...but throughout my whole school experience my parents and then my mom after my parents divorced could only afford payless and I used to get messed with by other kids including black kids because I has some pro wings on from the previous 2 school years...my parents couldn't afford new shoes until mine had holes in em....but I always remember some black kids had Jordans and other expensive shoes.....so to say no one would want to trade with another race is idiotic because there are people in each race that no one would want to trade lives with.

Last edited by RazorRob305; 07-11-2010 at 03:28 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 AM

sorry, my last post was directed at tb4000 not Prisma Jaydes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies