Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

Time for a new governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 AM

615 posts, read 544,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Insane. Even Republican studies show that same-sex marriage increases revenue for a state.

Same Sex Marriage (http://www.foxandhoundsdaily.com/blog/matt-klink/same-sex-marriage-%E2%80%93-an-economic-windfall-california - broken link)
Bernie Madoff was able to make people think he was getting 20% return on his investments too! This is homosexual propaganda, most homosexuals males are a burden on the system, because they are more likely to have catastrophic diseases.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Bernie Madoff was able to make people think he was getting 20% return on his investments too! This is homosexual propaganda, most homosexuals males are a burden on the system, because they are more likely to have catastrophic diseases.
And so what do you think should be done with homosexuals? Extermination?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:11 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
If they allow it they will be boycotted and demonized, costing them billions in revenue. Money is going to be more important to them then gay marriages.
LOL, not a chance in hell. Btw damn those boycotts sin Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont and Iowa. Those boycotts are so huge that no one has even heard about it....

Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
You support Obama and he doesnt support gay marriage. When you stop supporting him and including him into your outrage then there will be more creditability and stop pretending its only republicans that are against gay marriage.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:30 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
I wish I was a divorce attorney

"You do realize that civil unions have the same divorce rate as everyone else. " So? It's a risk they are willing to take.

"One big reason that their is a massive push to get gay mariage recognized in one form or another, is so divorce attorneys can get a bigger piece of the pie." Why not? People are responsible for their marriages, yes? States get more money from taxes due to marriage, businesses get more money from weddings, etc., and divorce attorneys get more money from business. Why not?

"Chew on that for a while." - I chewed on it a long time ago, and I stand by everything I said.

"Their is no common law marriage/partner issues for gay people." - Huh? The ability for them to get the same rights as a heterosexual married persons have is worth the political struggle.

Again, I stand by everything I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep on livin View Post
You must be a divorce attorney.

You do realize that civil unions have the same divorce rate as everyone else. One big reason that their is a massive push to get gay mariage recognized in one form or another, is so divorce attorneys can get a bigger piece of the pie.

Get your civil unions/marriage rights. The joke will be on you. Their is no common law marriage/partner issues for gay people. Their will be the same relationship issues that will end up as a statistic in divorce court.

Chew on that for a while.
No, they are lecturing "conservatives" (I put it in quotes, as I feel your adjective to describe the anti-gay marriage crowd should be discarded) that they should leave them alone, let them marry. They are not asking you to like them. They are asking you to let them get the same marriage benefits that heteros have.

Don't like homosexuality? Then don't engage in same-sex relations. But nobody should be voting against gay marriage. It is immoral to do so. A person who doesn't believe in gay marriage should not vote in the said election.

"(especially Prop 8 which was voted on by the PEOPLE) " The people were wrong, and the federal courts need to overturn it. Wonder why the Supreme Court is not voted on by the people?

The so-called "gay agenda" is the path to morality.

BTW black civil rights came by with indirect democracy (LBJ pressuring senators into passing the civil rights act), NOT through "mob rule."

And the African-Americans who are against homosexual marriage will see the light and realize that they must allow it to happen unobstructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Becaus gays feel like they should lecture us that homosexuality is a good thing. They accuse us conservatives of trying to indoctrinate our children by saying homosexuality is bad and gays are terrible people. The people under the gay agenda so the very same things they call us hypocrites for. They are pushing the gay agenda onto a population that has wholly rejected. Liberals always talk about respecting the will of the people but not when it comes to gay rights. No we must overturn all laws (especially Prop 8 which was voted on by the PEOPLE) dealing with homosexuality. More double standards.

Last edited by Vicman; 07-28-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Ok I have not read every post but enough to give my POV. First I am a conservative and I think gays SHOULD be allowed to get married. Second, marriage is NOT a religious thing, it is a contract between two people that is why you can get married by a justice of the peace or judge, even a ships captain. I will concede to those that do not want it called marriage but civil unions that mean the same thing as marriage I am not sure why people have an issue with that.
I'm more of a borderline Centrist/Libertarian and I completely agree with you.

Anybody who enjoys the privileges of marriage should be more than willing to allow others to enjoy those same privileges. Whether it is called a marriage, civil union, or sparkly rainbows, it does not matter.

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

I do not agree with the governor of Hawaii's veto. She chose to be a bigot instead of doing what was best for Hawaii - entending a civil privilege to a group of people.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I'm more of a borderline Centrist/Libertarian and I completely agree with you.

Anybody who enjoys the privileges of marriage should be more than willing to allow others to enjoy those same privileges. Whether it is called a marriage, civil union, or sparkly rainbows, it does not matter.

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

I do not agree with the governor of Hawaii's veto. She chose to be a bigot instead of doing what was best for Hawaii - entending a civil privilege to a group of people.
I wouldn't put it past her if she was PAID OFF by the right wingers or perhaps the uber-wealthy Mormon church. Just like her BFF sarah palin, she worships the almighty dollar over duty to her fellow citizens.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I wouldn't put it past her if she was PAID OFF by the right wingers or perhaps the uber-wealthy Mormon church. Just like her BFF sarah palin, she worships the almighty dollar over duty to her fellow citizens.
The Mormon church's efforts were central to getting Prop 8 passed in California. Did California and/or the feds revoke the tax exempt status yet?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
The Mormon church's efforts were central to getting Prop 8 passed in California. Did California and/or the feds revoke the tax exempt status yet?
I wish that it was A LOT EASIER to do that. I'm sure that the mormons have a lot of high powered connections in DC. If you demanded 10% of your members' income tax free and able to buy vast properties in ultra-expensive areas, again tax free, you certainly could have a lot of pull also. Sadly though, I believe that the election laws only cover elections with candidates, not propositions like Prop 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies