Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Totally agree with you. I've heard so many stories about pet shop puppies that are sick and die after you pay a hefty fee. My mutt was the best $50 (adoption fee) I ever spent!
besides butt sex, gay marriage, illegal drugs, and abortion, are there any things you don't oppose the government telling you what you cannot do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,610 times
YES!!! Finally my stupid cat will be worth something. ecvMatt, future black market ***** dealer.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:43 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
pretty soon liberals in sf will ban everything but soy milk and anal sex.
lol.....

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Totally agree with you. I've heard so many stories about pet shop puppies that are sick and die after you pay a hefty fee. My mutt was the best $50 (adoption fee) I ever spent!
Funny that the shelter charges a fee....because that is almost like you paid to get the dog....which would mean you BOUGHT it.

Not picking on you but changing the name from 'selling' to 'fee' doesn't really mean much.

As to pet stores and dogs,do people actually buy dogs from them and why?

Of course this proposed law also applies to every other animal except fish,guess fish aren't cuddly enough.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What is it, the salt air? Drugs? Brainwashing?
I think it's the fact that the sun hardly ever shines and it's always cold. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is very common. I live in the East Bay , aka The Sunny Side of the Bay and often wonder what torment has so twisted the minds of our neighbors across the bay.

I have noticed that the most liberal and just plain wacky ideas in the US seem to always come from areas with the crappiest weather where the people don't get enough sunlight and therefore don't produce enough vitamin D for healthy brain function.

It's a theory.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:31 AM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Pretty soon liberals in SF will ban everything but soy milk and anal sex.
Not only is this too freaking funny (because it's true) ... it's awfully damned sad (for the same reason).

Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Not only is this too freaking funny (because it's true) ... it's awfully damned sad (for the same reason).
Maybe they'll allow solar powered segways as a form of motorized transport, only if it's powered by 100% renewable energy and built by heavily unionized labor and by a company that provides benefits for domestic partners and tests employees for tobacco use.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:37 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I think it's the fact that the sun hardly ever shines and it's always cold. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is very common. I live in the East Bay , aka The Sunny Side of the Bay and often wonder what torment has so twisted the minds of our neighbors across the bay.

I have noticed that the most liberal and just plain wacky ideas in the US seem to always come from areas with the crappiest weather where the people don't get enough sunlight and therefore don't produce enough vitamin D for healthy brain function.

It's a theory.
Could be, Seattle is noted for miserable weather and wierd leftist ideas. I guess I escaped Buffalo in time

Old 07-08-2010, 10:39 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Quote:
besides butt sex, gay marriage, illegal drugs, and abortion, are there any things you don't oppose the government telling you what you cannot do?
They haven't told me that I can't do anything. I don't live in SF so it doesn't really apply to me. And it's not the federal gov. proposing all the new laws and regulations. It's the state of CA and the mayor of SF.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
They haven't told me that I can't do anything. I don't live in SF so it doesn't really apply to me. And it's not the federal gov. proposing all the new laws and regulations. It's the state of CA and the mayor of SF.
Given libs like you think the federal government should have unlimited powers, I guess we can look forward to this on a national level then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies