Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:32 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times

Advertisements

While I find the Community Organizer in Cheif to be a complete embarassment to the office he serves there is a bright spot to this disaterous mistake in American history. Obama and the liberals in Congress will set the progressive/liberal movement back by a generation or more once his one and only term comes to an end! The backlash that his far left policies will create will assure that we will not see another Democrat elected to the Presidency in several election cycles unless they are a verified moderate. The American people will not stand for a political novice like this to represent the most powerful position in the land ever again. The bloodbath begins this November!

Last edited by suprascooby22; 07-08-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
While I find the Community Organizer in Cheif to be a complete embarassment to the office he serves there is a bright spot to this disaterous mistake in American history. Obama and the liberals in Congress will set the progressive/liberal movement back by a generation or more once his one and only term comes to an end! The backlash that his far left policies will create will assure that a we will not see another Democrat elected to the Presidency in several election cycles unless they are a verified moderate. The American people will not stand for a political novice like this to represent the most powerful position in the land ever again. The bloodbath begins this November!
As you wish it to be... me, I'll take reality.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
So you believe. I believe differently. We are trying to drag this country out of the economic and political 1890's and we will have the time to do it. I expect Obama's administration to be followed by another Progressive victory in 2016.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So you believe. I believe differently. We are trying to drag this country out of the economic and political 1890's and we will have the time to do it. I expect Obama's administration to be followed by another Progressive victory in 2016.
You probably also believe that the Democrats will gain seats this November.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
By 2016, I'm not sure if our diet of grass and tree bark will give us enough strength to go to the polls--but we'll all be equal, and not suffering from the depredations of greedy capitalists!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
November will be the first of many election defeats that are coming for the far left. Talk to me about reality then!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
While I find the Community Organizer in Cheif to be a complete embarassment to the office he serves there is a bright spot to this disaterous mistake in American history. Obama and the liberals in Congress will set the progressive/liberal movement back by a generation or more once his one and only term comes to an end! The backlash that his far left policies will create will assure that we will not see another Democrat elected to the Presidency in several election cycles unless they are a verified moderate. The American people will not stand for a political novice like this to represent the most powerful position in the land ever again. The bloodbath begins this November!
It will be more. Much more.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:53 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
Quote:
1. "i" before "e" except after "c".
2. Do you have any info. to back that up? An article, links, etc? Or is this just your biased opinion? Were/are you a supporter of Bush?
3. You do know that Obama will reign until 2012, and only the House and Senate are up for election in November, right?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It will be more. Much more.
Obama, the gift that keeps on giving and giving or taking and taking. LMAO

Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
While I agree that the comment may have been a bit exaggerated or a little too subjectively hopeful, to claim that it is nowhere near truth is to be living in your own little fantasy world.

The democrats have stepped in it pretty badly. They thought they had it in the bag with Obama winning and believed they could do no wrong. They misinterpreted people tiring of some of Bushes policies and the disarray of conservative base and thought they could disregard objections pushing full on with extreme left policies. They were wrong, and they will suffer for it.

Will it be for generations as the OP proclaims? I don;t think so, people suffer from a short term memory, but it will swing the pendulum pretty hard right for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies