Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
YAZ

7,697 posts, read 14,010,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Oh the drama.

Protesting is legal and that is obviously all he is talking about.

It's a real knee-slapper how some righties turn into a bunch of fearful, paranoid wimps when a black man speaks about their Messiah Beck.

Gosh, the same ones who are always telling us how rough and tough they are and who love guns and violent movies and TV, and claim that lefties are pushovers.

Typical, hyperbolic uber PC nonsense coming from the right again. How ironic that the cons have become a bunch of shrinking violets and PC bellyachers since Obama was elected.
Oh the drama of having the black panthers (no captilization needed), standing out in front of the polling place intimidating the poll workers so they don't ask acorn reps (capitals purposefully omitted), for their voter registration cards.

Man, I'm slappin' my knee right now.

Typical pseudo-intelligence coming from the left.

Here's a quarter, buy a clue.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM

640 posts, read 386,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
did you hear it on the radio show or TV?

and, how many times a week do you listen to/watch someone you obviously hate?
Beck seems to be implying that "god inspired" him to have this rally on 8/28. And he seems to think this is going to be a problem, but......well, Beck implied that "god inspired" him to do this, so..........that "god" is always getting people in trouble! Will Glenn be starting his own church in the future? I'm sure he'd have lots of members if he did.

Beck's own words:

I believe in divine providence. It was not my intention to select 8-28 because of the Martin Luther King tie. It is the day he made that speech. I had no idea until I announced it and I walked off stage and my researchers said, New York Times has already just published that this is Martin Luther -- and I said, oh, geez. We were going to use 9-12 but 9-12 is a Sunday. I'm not going to ask anyone to work on the Sabbath. I'm not going to ask anybody to honor God on a Sunday. I'm not going to ask anybody to work on the day of rest. So, we had to find the next Saturday. The one that we could arrange with all our our schedules was 8-28. I have to tell you something. I believe in divine providence. I believe this is a reason, because whites don't own the founding fathers. Whites don't own Abraham Lincoln. Blacks don't own Martin Luther King. Humans, humans embrace their ideas or reject their ideas. Too many are rejecting the founders' ideas. Too many have forgotten Abraham Lincoln's ideas and far too many have either gotten just lazy or they have purposely distorted Martin Luther King's ideas of judge a man by the content of his character. Lately, in the last 20 years, we've been told that character doesn't matter. Well, if character doesn't matter, then what was Martin Luther King asking people to judge people by?
I don't know how many people will be there been 8-28. I know there's going to be grand opposition against it now. That's unfortunate because I ask you to come with your children and I ask you to leave your signs at home. They will reveal themselves and you will be revealed as people of peace and of character. 8-28, steps of the Lincoln Memorial and Abraham Lincoln. Put yourself between Abe Lincoln and George Washington, in that hallowed space and restore America.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn attacked for 8/28

Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,662,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Beck seems to be implying that "god inspired" him to have this rally on 8/28. And he seems to think this is going to be a problem, but......well, Beck implied that "god inspired" him to do this, so..........that "god" is always getting people in trouble!

MLK was a minister and was inspired by his God too. What is your point? Did Beck have a monopoly on the Lincoln Memorial or on August 28?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:30 PM

88,556 posts, read 44,263,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
MLK was a minister and was inspired by his God too. What is your point?
Good question.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,148,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Thanks Nitsu no wonder I couldn't find the link, I never go to Beck's pigpen! I guess somebody
posted the link on some other forum I participate on.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,503,285 times
These guys are racist and so is glen beck. But he is the one that has decided to spit on MLK's grave. People do need to go and show that he and the tea party are seen for what they are but not these guys. They are just as bad as the people they hate.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
These guys are racist and so is glen beck. But he is the one that has decided to spit on MLK's grave. People do need to go and show that he and the tea party are seen for what they are but not these guys. They are just as bad as the people they hate.
I know what you mean...I'm sick of the racists.

Please explain how you arrived at the conclusions in bold. Please be specific and factual. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 PM

247 posts, read 242,213 times
I have a question. If the 8/28 date is so sacred, how come nobody else reserved the Lincoln Memorial? You would think it would be reserved every year, years in advance.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
I have a question. If the 8/28 date is so sacred, how come nobody else reserved the Lincoln Memorial? You would think it would be reserved every year, years in advance.
I was wondering the same thing. I don't recall any big celebrations on this date at the Lincoln Memorial or anywhere else, but perhaps I missed something. That's possible.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM

52,221 posts, read 33,935,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yeah a far left site apologizing on behalf of Beck....ROFLMAO!
I don't get it. How were they 'apologizing?'

Last edited by uggabugga; 07-08-2010 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies