U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,718,329 times

Advertisements

I will take Gen Y or X over the racist homophobe baby boomers any day. And I admire people that stand up and demand what they are worth rather than accept what others say they are worth. There are those that believe he should just accept a job that is beneath his worth. I don't.

Last edited by KevK; 07-08-2010 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 PM

26,535 posts, read 25,464,007 times
I have a lot of hope for this country precisely because of the younger generation. I think they're much more conscious about their communities, the environment, and treating their fellow Americans with respect.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:24 PM

5,650 posts, read 7,005,796 times
Hopefully in the future, Gen Y will have real men who will step up to the plate and fix the problems the previous generations left behind.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Really? What if I put up a story about a bunch of baby boomers in the sixties sitting around a circle & dropping acid? Would you say that's representative of an entire generation?

He's an entitled jerk. I am a Gen Y-er & would literally move across the nation for a 40,000 a year job during a time when some people have nothing.
Ummm... yes. But they only did that because they didn't want to go serve their country in Vietnam. They left all that for the poor kids to do. Then after Nam they all turned into worthless racist homophobe Republicans that gave us the likes of Reagan and Bush and who wanted BMWs and "lofts". What a useless bunch.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I have a lot of hope for this country precisely because of the younger generation. I think they're much more conscious about their communities, the environment, and treating their fellow Americans with respect.
I agree. This generation is far better.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,590,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Really? What if I put up a story about a bunch of baby boomers in the sixties sitting around a circle & dropping acid? Would you say that's representative of an entire generation?

He's an entitled jerk. I am a Gen Y-er & would literally move across the nation for a 40,000 a year job during a time when some people have nothing.

Don't remind me ! I saw them live ' I think they were all alive ' and in person .

Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,590,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Ummm... yes. But they only did that because they didn't want to go serve their country in Vietnam. They left all that for the poor kids to do. Then after Nam they all turned into worthless racist homophobe Republicans that gave us the likes of Reagan and Bush and who wanted BMWs and "lofts". What a useless bunch.

And you want me to believe Pelosis laugh is normal ? She sounds like Boris Carloft in drag .

Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,470,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Job-Hungry College Grad Proves Picky Eater : NPR

Have a feeling older folks will commit suicide rather than face the future with these spoilted brats in any positions of power.
Gen Yers will be cleaing up the goddamn mess people born between 1940 and 1975 [bascially] left us.

Lets see, you guys left us with:
a mountain of national debt,
two wars,
terrorism,
climate change,
water shortages,
lack of sustainable energy,
a recession/depression,
civil rights issues abound,
Asia [China] emerging as the world's superpower,
immigration,
a failing education system [thankfully we managed]

So you know what, if you want your social security check every month and your medical paid for in part by Medicare...I'd start being nice to us.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM

1,815 posts, read 2,133,297 times
Quote:

Have a feeling older folks will commit suicide rather than face the future with these spoilted brats in any positions of power.

Dude, chill. I'm a Gen Xer and my parents' generation (Baby Boomers) said the same about us. Our grandparents said the same about our parents. This is your classic generational gap diss.

I work with some very bright and dedicated Gen Yers in my office and I have faith for the future. Mainly because most of them didn't vote for the current administration, they know what's best for their future!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:40 PM

13,145 posts, read 19,587,672 times
Quote:

Yea but who raised him?

So by this logic can we infer that all Baby Boomers are lousy parents who spoiled their children rotten, filled their heads with false expectations and failed to teach them how to live in the world?

Of course not. So don't make generalizations from one retarded NY Times article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies