Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:43 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Unclear on the entire "rape" concept, are we?
unclear on the necessity of an ulttra sound before an abortion are we.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sounds like the goveror is doing a good job
So is the governor (I would assume according to you)

Old 07-08-2010, 06:47 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
sorry sometimes I type too fast, for my own goooood

Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So? Don't live there if you don't like it. I hear you can buy a house in California for cheap right now.
Obviously enough people in Louisiana want these laws to support them. That is the great thing about state's rights. One can choose to live where the laws best suit his/her sensibilities.

I see nothing at all wrong with the ultra-sound requirement or allowing lawful CCW in places of worship. The crimes against nature thing I'll have to do some reading as I don't think I fully understand the legislation. In any case, since I don't live in Lousiana and never plan to (too humid) I have no objection to their Govenor signing into legislation the wishes of the people of that state.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:54 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How do church goers feel about weapons in their place of worship? I've not kept up with this issue but apparently it's controversial.
I support it. Controversial to who?

As sad as it is, church shootings have become common. Not even the scared place under God are we protected anymore today.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
A "leader" who imposes his personal principles on the people he works for? Hmmm... that's what you yearn for?
Isn't that the definition of every politician? Once elected, they impose new rules and laws without the public being able to vote on each and every one. So they are imposing their personal principles (and the principles of the lobbyists that are paying them so well) to the general public.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
I support it. Controversial to who?

As sad as it is, church shootings have become common. Not even the scared place under God are we protected anymore today.
Controversial to church goers, at least according to my google searches.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
So he decided he DIDN'T want to run for POTUS?

Reagan ran on a pro-life platform.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)

Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Controversial to church goers, at least according to my google searches.
The way many churches operate the minister and certain members of the church board are responsible for putting together church security made up of church members. This actually makes it legal for those who currently hold a Lousiana CCW license to be armed as part of that church security.

It already is legal in many states. If folks don't like people being armed (concealed mind you) in church then they can choose another church. Folks may not like female ministers or a church that performs gay marriages and choose to attend a different church because of it. This is not different.

The decision to arm a security patrol is up to a church and its congregation. As I see it this new law Gov. Jindal signed simply makes it legal for them to do so when it was not before.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 07-08-2010 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
A "leader" who imposes his personal principles on the people he works for? Hmmm... that's what you yearn for?

The people he works for have the same principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies