Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,158 times

Advertisements

Avengerfire, I think what Ceece means, is that she is in a long term relationship (probably married) and neither her nor her husband are involved in any sexual activity outside their marriage. I believe that's why she states, she's not at risk, and would know she's at risk if she were.

Make more sense now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Excuse me, yes I would. If I were at risk for STD's I certainly would. What don't you understand here? I'm older and wiser and actually do know what's best for me. You, use a condom.
I really cannot believe what I am reading!

If we were graded on STD knowledge I would pass you up by a large margin. I am so sorry to talk to an older person this way. I really am.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Avengerfire, I think what Ceece means, is that she is in a long term relationship (probably married) and neither her nor her husband are involved in any sexual activity outside their marriage...
And?

I hate to say this, but how often does a person know their mate is cheating or ever has cheated (or what that person caught before they met) ? (I hope this is not the case with her.)

I have already stated how some STD's have little or no symptoms and can fester years before they become a problem. There are people that catch things before they meet their long term mate and do not know it. Time goes by and all of the sudden they come down with god forbid things such as cervical,anal, or penal cancer. They even can pass STD's to their offspring that can devastate the kid's life.

No problem.

Let women have a pap every 2-3 years while they are sexually active. HPV and HSV especially can be contacted even when wearing a condom.

Ignorance is bliss.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I really cannot believe what I am reading!

If we were graded on STD knowledge I would pass you up by a large margin. I am so sorry to talk to an older person this way. I really am.
I think it's IS an age thing. You are more at risk that I, that's all. When you are monogomous for 30 years there are just some things you don't have to worry about.

STD's still have nothing to do with pregnancy prevention though. There isn't enough testing of women in the world to keep you safe if you don't use a condom. You should also not have sex with such stupid women.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
I think it's IS an age thing. ..... When you are monogomous for 30 years there are just some things you don't have to worry about.

monogamy has nothing to due with catching a std....you can go to the local air show and usa a port-a-john, and catch a std

what I dont get is why a 51 yr old woman would ADVICATE NOT going to the doctor annually, and would want BCP to be over the counter, where the fda/docotrs have LESS CONTROL, less judgement, and is NOT COVERED by insurance (otc is not covered)....ie go to walgreens and buy tylanol OTC and YOU PAY....get a script, and you pay less

is that what you want....LESS access to BC

Old 07-09-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
...You are more at risk that I, that's all. ...

...You should also not have sex with such stupid women.
I am more at risk, because I am single and have dated various women.

I never said I did.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
...you can go to the local air show and usa a port-a-john, and catch a std...
Yep. It is disturbing.

It makes people want to carry sanitizing wipes everywhere they go.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM

Well, I don't have to worry about it, myself. Divorced, not sexually active, don't use public johns (because I'm blind), and don't use public hot tubs (have one of my own at home), and REFUSE to drink from public water fountains.

I do however still get checked at my Dr's once a year just to make sure I'm healthy. Like Ceece, I too am older (49).

Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
...I do however still get checked at my Dr's once a year just to make sure I'm healthy...
Good man.

You spell better than most of us on here.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM

I'm NOT a man. I am 100% FEmale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies