Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Apples and steak. Religion is not considered abnormal and against human nature unlike homosexuality
Homosexuality is not against nature. Human nature is another story and is relative to the individual. No two humans are alike, we are raised with different cultural influences, family influences, religious influences, etc. Religion is not a natural product of being human, it is a construct of our beliefs and not something one is born with. Religion is more of a choice than ones sexual preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,287,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Yea right with all the hate crime laws now they may as well have protested in Sodom and Gomorrah !

You people are too smart for your own good, laws of nature always win over the laws of deviantcy . Usually people don't stop it, fate does .
That's interesting-- what are some examples of that kind of fate?

Also, what hate crimes would come into play if someone were protesting the government's involvement in heterosexual marriage?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,287,488 times
Quote:
Apples and steak. Religion is not considered abnormal and against human nature unlike homosexuality
Depends on who is doing the considering. Your kind is dying out. Sorry

Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,475,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow, right wing heads will explode over this one-- How will they balance their bigotry with their love of states' rights? Or are they only for states' rights when it comes to things like being against the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Judge: Gay marriage ban unconstitutional | National | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
and doma has nothing to due with it.....DOMA says the federal government does not recognize same-sex marriages on the FEDERAL level. The law does NOT mandate states to not recognize same-sex marriages.. it GIVES the states their rights.that the 10th protects...

Old 07-09-2010, 01:42 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Depends on who is doing the considering.
Correct. When it's people who cite World Net Daily and Americans For Truth About Homosexuality as their sources, I have trouble taking them seriously.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Quote:
This post is for both of you. None of you have any legal basis for what you said. Why? Because Social Security and Medicaid are FEDERALLY FUNDED programs. If the states want to let homosexuals get the benefits of such programs, the states can't accept federal funds for such programs
Even though I don't necessarily like the results. I do support the right of the state to handle issues such as gay marriage.

But I find the whole situation to be hilarious and ridiculous. Laws like this are just another example of one state trying to control another state. And it isn't just the conservatives that try to control liberals. It goes both ways. Everyone is guilty. Because no one can seem to mind their own business.

Not being able to mind our own business is what has caused almost every war this country has ever been involved in. Which is especially true with every war since WWII.

I'm kind of hoping Russia invades some more people, so we can sit around crying about how terrible they are, all while we kill hundreds of thousands of arabs without any right or authority, while pretending we are the good guys.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Did you just equate LGBT rights to the Civil Rights struggle in the 60s? If you did, hope you know that is very insulting to black people and other minorities
Civil Rights movement was for EVERYBODY, including LGBT community and you. It was a defeat for social authoritarians and they, understandably, opposed it.

The situation is not quite the same, but very much along the lines. Once again, social authoritarians are trying to dictate the way, as they have done over eons on various issues, not limited to the issues of civil rights, anti-semitism and gay rights. They just are all about control, and about controlling others' life and freedoms. They always have been.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,013 times
Quote:
Depends on who is doing the considering. Your kind is dying out. Sorry
what kind is dying out? straight people? or religious people? both?

Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Who said right wing bigots can't dance. Great two step around the issue.
what is that suppose to mean-i didnt two step around any issue i just said my opinion

Old 07-09-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Are you straight? Did you choose to be straight? When did you choose to be straight? I did not choose to be straight, I only chose to not be in the closet and pretend to be straight.
yep straight and pround i should have a parade- good for you you believe you were born this way -not all gays are born that way they choose it.

Last edited by jaada; 07-09-2010 at 07:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies