Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 02:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
www.jihadwatch.com

Also see what CAIR and NOI is up to these days . See what was said at the Million Man March . Hope people wake up but i don't think they will .

I'd bet many on this thread are not defending them because they are just liberals either .
Right you are. I'm defending them because I think hate and ignorance go hand in hand together, and promoting tolerance and understanding is promoting what's best about America. Some people think what's best about America is how much we have, how powerful we are. But what's best about America to me is that we have a legacy of tolerance in this country. We stray from that legacy. But tolerance is the bedrock of democracy. It's a balancing act that our Founding Fathers understood, but it's a delicate balance worth fighting for, no matter how angry or fearful the intolerant segments of our society may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Right you are. I'm defending them because I think hate and ignorance go hand in hand together, and promoting tolerance and understanding is promoting what's best about America. Some people think what's best about America is how much we have, how powerful we are. But what's best about America to me is that we have a legacy of tolerance in this country. We stray from that legacy. But tolerance is the bedrock of democracy. It's a balancing act that our Founding Fathers understood, but it's a delicate balance worth fighting for, no matter how angry or fearful the intolerant segments of our society may be.

www.thereligionofpeace.com

sorry had to correct link .
Heres some news about all that peace going on .

A pictures worth a thousand words . Its not a bad one though, I don't do bad bloody pics.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
If that were true. Muslims do not allow non-Muslims to use their 'community centers'.
That's a surprise. The Muslim community centers I have gone to knew full well that I was Jewish. I suppose we're honorary Muslims now!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:59 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
www.jihadwatch.com

Also see what CAIR and NOI is up to these days . See what was said at the Million Man March . Hope people wake up but i don't think they will .

I'd bet many on this thread are not defending them because they are just liberals either .
I am defending them not only because I am a moral human being, but also because I am Jewish. I have seen in my own life what happens when people have unbridled, unrepentant hate and members of my family have died as a result. Why are we not beyond that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
You are right...all liberals are not haters..but the ones on here I am very suspicious of..they are sympathizers with those who would hurt this Country...(watch them go nuts now)..
Your attitude hurts this country more than Muslims do.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
www.islamthereligionofpeace.com

Heres some news about all that peace going on .

A pictures worth a thousand words . Its not a bad one though, I don't do bad bloody pics.
Changing the subject?

Tolerance is an AMERICAN value. Tolerance is the bedrock of democracy. When YOU embrace intolerance, as you've been doing on this thread, you are the one behaving in an un-American manner. You are the one betraying American values. As an American I value tolerance, and freedom. Most especially, the freedom to pray to whichever god you choose. You do remember that, Puritans fleeing the Old World to practice religion THEIR way, the whole maverick idea the Founding Fathers had of a government that didn't endorse or restrict religious belief in any way? You want to restrict a RELIGION, the MUSLIM religion, and that's NOT an AMERICAN ideal. It's the antithesis of AMERICAN ideals. There are millions of American Muslims. Who are FREE in this country to worship their god. Your hatred of them is prejudice. And it's rooted in fear and anger and ignorance. The link you provided only spreads more ignorance and more hatred. And ALL Americans should be repulsed by this.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:40 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why is it relevant when sites were created? Someone speaking out against something is someone speaking out against something. Are you saying that you disregard any statements made after a certain point in time?
On occasion. If people feel that they are being seen in a way that they don't like, they may twist things to 'look good'.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I am defending them not only because I am a moral human being, but also because I am Jewish. I have seen in my own life what happens when people have unbridled, unrepentant hate and members of my family have died as a result. Why are we not beyond that?

Your attitude hurts this country more than Muslims do.
Seems like history of germany and jews would 've taught you a hard earned lesson, but I see it didn't .

The ACLU and people of the likes of them are the same kind of jews who helped the germans decieve the other people . Don't forget it was jews who led them into the chambers and onto the ranges .

It was people like me warning them against those like you .

Old 07-09-2010, 10:56 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,706 times
Quote:
www.wn.com

Radical muslim sect dated 7-2010 . All I did was google Nigeria radical muslims pages and paes of how good they get along once they get any kind of power in a nation .

Ok that was a bust , next !
Should we stop building churches also because of how violent Christians are, or is this not violent enough for you?

Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
On occasion. If people feel that they are being seen in a way that they don't like, they may twist things to 'look good'.
Are these "occasions" only when it is convenient for you?

Old 07-10-2010, 12:46 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
Quote:
I'm not into old ugly buildings , I haven't even seen all of the late great beautiful America . What the hell would I want to make a trip around the world before i see this place. The more I know foreigners the less I like them . They don't know how to stay damn foregners and go home ! All of em want to stay here .
Can you explain why the more you know foreigners the less you like them? Are you xenophobic?

Last edited by other99; 07-10-2010 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies