Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:48 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times

Advertisements

Texas was part of Mexico from 1821 to 1836. I wouldn't say that many families now had residents back then since it was mostly Indian tribes that Mexico didn't want to deal with...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
As an Oathkeeper (-for those that don't know, a VERY large and organized membership of US vets that have sworn to defend the USA against its own government if need be) , I can tell you this much...If a president turned the federal government against the citizens of the USA, the military would nearly unanimously side with the citizens. Those members of the government forces that still remain a threat would be dealt with.
As an West Point Graduate (-for those that don't know, a VERY old and respected academy for US Army Officers that have sworn to defend the USA against enemies foreign and domestic if need be) , I can tell you this much...If a tea bagger uprising imagined for a second they could overthrow the Constitutionally elected federal government by force of arms, the military would nearly unanimously side with the government and crush the traitorous seditionists like a grape. Every single member of the uprising would be efficiently and systematically killed or captured.

Every single one.

Just sayin....

Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Americans today are not made of the stuff required to tolerate blood in the streets on a large scale. And, quite frankly that is a good thing. No one wants civil war. If our country is to survive intact peacefully it will do so though Constitutional governance by the people. As long as the checks and balances are returned to the individual branches of power this country can continue to peacefully revolt evry 4 years at the ballot box. If a dictatorship coupe is attempted by the executive branch over the legislative and judicial branches and over the people, all bets are off.

I don't think we have come anywhere near "impending" civil war. I hope we don't. I hope we are wise enough to recognize and correct the political ambitions of a greedy executive and legislative branch and the ways in which they might manipulate the citizens to revolt in an unpeaceful manner. United we stand, divided we fall.

Good, maybe then we could just shoot a few of them just a little bit, and then take the USA back.

At age 58 now i expect with in my life to be made a political prisoner at some point, along with many other people from another time.

If that happens someone is going to need to bring lots of body bags.

If the lefties don't stomach blood then blood is exactly what they should be given, and so let them tax that!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
I truly believe that should Obama continue down the path that he is on that he will be removed from office by 2012 via a military coup. I have quite a few friends in the service and let's just say that Obama is pretty much universally hated. I don't even think the Secret Service would bother resisting a coup attempt ... hence the reason Obama want's to create a "Civilian National Security Force".

Should he finagle some deal regarding amnesty for the illegal immigrants then I predict you will see things get really heated. The next 2 years will be a very interesting and bumpy ride for this republic of ours. If we don't reign in the FedGov this November and in 2012 then were toast.

Ive noticed growing talk regarding Long Island independence/autonomy as well. I would certainly like to see some form of internal self government while still remaining in some form of political union with the United States (ie: complete control over domestic matters while the FedGov retains control over citizenship, currency, defense, foreign affairs, etc). We even have our own flag!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I truly believe that should Obama continue down the path that he is on that he will be removed from office by 2012 via a military coup. I have quite a few friends in the service and let's just say that Obama is pretty much universally hated. I don't even think the Secret Service would bother resisting a coup attempt ... hence the reason Obama want's to create a "Civilian National Security Force".

Should he finagle some deal regarding amnesty for the illegal immigrants then I predict you will see things get really heated. The next 2 years will be a very interesting and bumpy ride for this republic of ours. If we don't reign in the FedGov this November and in 2012 then were toast.

Ive noticed growing talk regarding Long Island independence/autonomy as well. I would certainly like to see some form of internal self government while still remaining in some form of political union with the United States (ie: complete control over domestic matters while the FedGov retains control over citizenship, currency, defense, foreign affairs, etc). We even have our own flag!

What some folks might fail to comprehend and a HUGE reason WHY....the Founding Fathers put all the checks & balances into place that they did!
One more reason WHY....STATE'S RIGHTS (and the Laws they enact), need to trump Federal Law at all cost!
But, the Feds just don't see it this way and this FACT....is polarizing this nation, dividing us, distracting us and contributing completely......to the growing animosity that prevails already!

"DEFEND the US Constitution.....AGAINST ALL enemies......BOTH, foreign AND DOMESTIC!"

Have to wonder just how many Americans are even aware of this oath, nowdays.
Or it's true implications.

Great post!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
AND DOMESTIC
Which includes the president and FedGov should they take things too far.

My loyalty is to the nation, not to the person (or the political party) who happens to run it.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM

161 posts, read 109,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
... hence the reason Obama want's to create a "Civilian National Security Force".
And that right there my friend is what will be the biggest factor in the new civil war. The progressives have it all planned out and they plan on attacking first.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As an West Point Graduate (-for those that don't know, a VERY old and respected academy for US Army Officers that have sworn to defend the USA against enemies foreign and domestic if need be) , I can tell you this much...If a tea bagger uprising imagined for a second they could overthrow the Constitutionally elected federal government by force of arms, the military would nearly unanimously side with the government and crush the traitorous seditionists like a grape. Every single member of the uprising would be efficiently and systematically killed or captured.

Every single one.

Just sayin....

You seem to have forgotten what happened when forced to chose in teh first civil war in the academy/ Sure you graduated? Nother te less the second civil war happened in teh 60's;the hippes loss and decided to become yupes. They are now all tannig themselves in Florida while waiting for the clubs to open to partake of the 20 somethings.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You're young. If we did not have a civil war in 1968 I think we can breathe easy.

That is when there were really verifiable divisions in the country, not supposed insurrectionists.
That's exactly what my folks said. They told me the divisions were much more bitter and deep back then.

The difference today is mainstream America has access to instant information and the internet has given a voice to radicals on both sides.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM

10 posts, read 8,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

Every single one.

Just sayin....

LOL Just like in Afghanistan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies