Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As an West Point Graduate (-for those that don't know, a VERY old and respected academy for US Army Officers that have sworn to defend the USA against enemies foreign and domestic if need be) , I can tell you this much...If a tea bagger uprising imagined for a second they could overthrow the Constitutionally elected federal government by force of arms, the military would nearly unanimously side with the government and crush the traitorous seditionists like a grape. Every single member of the uprising would be efficiently and systematically killed or captured.

Every single one.

Just sayin....

Must say I doubt you were a West Point graduate. Furthermore, enemies foreign and domestic, include the president should he turn on the Constitution and the people he has sworn to uphold. Military are obligated to disobey unlawful orders.

Guessing from recent events as well as polls, etc., I'd say the military doesn't even support him now, by and large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12th Generation American View Post
LOL Just like in Afghanistan?
Are you making fun of the job our military is doing in Afghanistan? I certainly hope not!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
"Disagrees with" and "would support a military coup against" are two very, very, VERY different things.

No military man I know would support that level of insubordination. Not even the ones who I KNOW to be active tea party guys.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM

10 posts, read 8,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Are you making fun of the job our military is doing in Afghanistan? I certainly hope not!
I'm making fun of the liberal leadership and there policy of treating terrorism as a law enforcement issue.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
what civil war?

i guarantee you more people would riot over a nfl super bowl rival matchup than any big national debate.

the warriors you speak of lay on there ass with a 40 oz big gulp, chicken wings and pizza rooting on there team on sundays.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Must say I doubt you were a West Point graduate.
Don't give a damn what you doubt. I'm class of '78. My roommate Curt Scaparrotti is currently running most of the ground war in Afghanistan. Stanley McChrystal used to haze me as a plebe. I know from where I speak.

And you do not have a clue as to the loyalty of the greatest and most professional military on the planet. This is the United States of America, not Pakistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader
Furthermore, enemies foreign and domestic, include the president should he turn on the Constitution and the people he has sworn to uphold.
Tell that to Abraham Lincoln.

Quote:
Military are obligated to disobey unlawful orders.
Yes they are. But unfortunately for your seditious fantasies, they actually know what an "unlawful order" is. And they know what insurrection looks like. We've learned a lot in eight years. Especially how to kill and capture terrorists of the sort you seem to be encouraging in this thread.

Quote:
Guessing from recent events as well as polls, etc., I'd say the military doesn't even support him now, by and large.
They don't have to support him. That's not part if the oath.

But they do have to obey him as their commander-in chief.

And they will. Without exception.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12th Generation American View Post
LOL Just like in Afghanistan?
Actually, yes. Just like Afghanistan.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You seem to have forgotten what happened when forced to chose in teh first civil war in the academy/ Sure you graduated?
You seem to be delusional regarding any similarities between 1861 and 2010. And mostly, you seem to have forgotten how well that worked then.

But yes. I graduated and I served. How about you?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 PM

469 posts, read 579,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Oh, and if you're so excited about an imminent civil war I say, take it to the streets and rally your momentum. People online are typically too cowardly and lazy to actually respond in a manner that will involve anything more than repping you and saying, yeah, you're right.

I'm all for online dialogue, but when you bring up civil war, you best know what you're talking about.

Strange, typically militia groups who are actively stockpiling weapons are big on the internet. Militia groups don't seem too cowardly or lazy to start a civil war.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Strange, typically militia groups who are actively stockpiling weapons are big on the internet. Militia groups don't seem too cowardly or lazy to start a civil war.
You're right. They probably arn't cowardly or lazy. Just really, really, stupid. Take it from a 10 year combat vet(now retired). The armed forces would follow the orders of the CIC. They would wipe the floor with the seditionists quicker than you could wipe your nose on a cold day. Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies