Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,685,976 times

Advertisements

Yep, the Republicans are right on target to screw themselves without any help. Couldn't happen to nicer people.

"There are five unemployed workers for every job opening. That does not seem to concern the GOP lawmakers opposed to extending unemployment benefits."

GOP Economic Plan: Punish the Jobless to Screw Over Obama | | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/story/147434/gop_economic_plan%3A_punish_the_jobless_to_screw_o ver_obama/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Yep, the Republicans are right on target to screw themselves without any help. Couldn't happen to nicer people.

"There are five unemployed workers for every job opening. That does not seem to concern the GOP lawmakers opposed to extending unemployment benefits."

GOP Economic Plan: Punish the Jobless to Screw Over Obama | | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/story/147434/gop_economic_plan%3A_punish_the_jobless_to_screw_o ver_obama/ - broken link)
Let me act like a progressive and say that anything from Alternet doesn't make much sense to me. That is one of those hate Republicans places, I think.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let me act like a progressive and say that anything from Alternet doesn't make much sense to me. That is one of those hate Republicans places, I think.
Well you don't have to rely on Alternet for such an appraisal, its not exactly like a national secret.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Not to mention raising the retirement age to 70. The repugs don't give a damn about the working man, just money money money for the fat cats and big business.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM

952 posts, read 942,878 times
Yeah, why won't the Party-of-Know, get on board and hold taxpayers hostage, and extend unemployment benefits indefinitely, and cover for Obama and the Dems so they can play kick the can with Social Security, and Illegal Immigration, and Jobs, and the Economy, and environment, and Constitution, and...

How rude! rotten GOP...

Last edited by alphaluce; 07-06-2010 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Not to mention raising the retirement age to 70. The repugs don't give a damn about the working man, just money money money for the fat cats and big business.
Chris Dodd is a Republican?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Meanwhile, Dems RELUCTANTLY injected the derivative prohibition in the financial reform bill, plus allowed Fannie and Freddie to get a free pass from regulation.

Democrats: the party of corporate fat cats while pretending not to be.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Meanwhile, Dems RELUCTANTLY injected the derivative prohibition in the financial reform bill, plus allowed Fannie and Freddie to get a free pass from regulation.

Democrats: the party of corporate fat cats while pretending not to be.
I agree with you!

While I know about all of the dirt on the Right in DC, the Left is just as bad.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Yeah that crazy rabid Republican Larry Summers too......wait, he's what? Never mind......

Unemployment: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

"The second way government assistance programs contribute to long-term unemployment is by providing an incentive, and the means, not to work. Each unemployed person has a “reservation wage”—the minimum wage he or she insists on getting before accepting a job. Unemployment insurance and other social assistance programs increase that reservation wage, causing an unemployed person to remain unemployed longer."

But being compassionate the Republicans are willing to ignore the Obama's Treasury Sec.'s evidence and extend benefits if Congress is willing to offest the cost by finding a measly $33 billion in savings, the Dems refuse. I have no ida why he Dems hate the unemployed.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
What ever happen to WELFARE??? You know the checks when you are out of work for a long time and don't qualify for unemployment checks anymore... huh? You telling me instead of paying them a welfare check, we ought to extend unemployment checks after TWO YEARS? Huh? Is there any other money that you are growing on trees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies