Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 04:14 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Wow!!!

This is shocking how ignorant of the facts people are....

Martin Luther King, Jr. authorship issues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You sure have a knack for not answering simple questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Why would I care? I know you do though. What is it that he did that makes you hate him. Do Tell.
Again,you believe the man should be venerated but are so ignorant of his life or his ideals.

It is sad to see you use him in this way,to further your own racial bigotry.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
You are so hopelessly misinformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
In what way?
I can't begin to enlighten you in a forum. I can only tell you that statements such as yours only helps to instigate the exact thing you'd have us believe you are against. Simply being able to "look into a tea party members eyes to see the racism" is an amazing statement to me.

The thing about racists is that most only show their racism when it can't come back at them. Most are closet racists and you can't "see it in their eyes", but you can read it in their posts as they hide behind a keyboard. Much like liberals who have done a great job of stirring up racial tension for their own ends.

The better question would be "in how many ways?".

Last edited by steven_h; 08-23-2010 at 04:32 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 04:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Funny how Snowdaze and enemycountry both used "do tell" and have started a tag team of the same logic. You are the same person, cmon now.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 PM

24 posts, read 13,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Funny how Snowdaze and enemycountry both used "do tell" and have started a tag team of the same logic. You are the same person, cmon now.
Will the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up? On a side note, I wonder how the crowd would react if Beck repeated Dr. Laura's rant. Would they applaud? Or boo?

Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Nah, I copied that from SD but believe what you want. He still want or cant answer simple questions.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Glenn Beck is having a rally to honor the military and "restore honor" to our country at the Lincoln Memorial on August 28.
August 28 is the anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, "a defining moment of the American Civil Rights Movement", at which Martin Luther King Jr. delivered the "I Have a Dream" speech.

"Delivered to over 200,000 civil rights supporters,[1] the speech is often considered to be one of the greatest and most notable speeches in human history and was ranked the top American speech of the 20th century by a 1999 poll of scholars of public address.[2]"

It was one of your country's pivotal moments.

Because Glenn Beck has never indicated that his goal is to unite or even to encourage understanding among Americans of different races or political persuasions, many find it ironic at best, hateful and bullying at worst that he would choose the anniversary of this brilliant moment in human rights history for a vaguely-themed rally ("Help us restore the values that founded this great nation") that has nothing to do with unity or peace but which will feature such other famous uniters as Ted Nugent.

This is Beck, equating himself and his listeners to the brave people who fought and who died for civil rights:

Beck: "Martin Luther King's dream is being massively perverted. ... It's time to set it right" | Media Matters for America

Many people are upset by Beck's choice of date for his rally.

I think that unless Beck is trying to be provocative, he would have picked a different date. If he werent full of hubris and insensitivity, he would have chosen any other date but this one. There are 364 other days in the year.

Do you think Beck should have chosen a different date?
Why would you even ask this question?
Do you own Dr Martin Luther King?
He doesn't belong to you, he belongs to everybody in case you can't figure that out.
Glenn Beck included.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow daze View Post
Will the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up? On a side note, I wonder how the crowd would react if Beck repeated Dr. Laura's rant. Would they applaud? Or boo?
Applaud and then fall into a chant of it.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow daze View Post
Not knowing the entirety of that storm in a teacup,I do wonder what your opinion is of the dreaded 'N' word?
Is it to never be used by anyone or is there a special group who can use it?

Old 08-23-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Why would you even ask this question?
Do you own Dr Martin Luther King?
He doesn't belong to you, he belongs to everybody in case you can't figure that out.
Glenn Beck included.
Well according to some here,he does not belong to everyone....

In fact it seems some believe MLK is the sole property of the left and/or black people.

Who cares what MLK actually said in the speech on the day in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies