Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 08:28 AM

768 posts, read 1,087,463 times

Advertisements

As an avowed anarchist, one of the ways that I disengage from the state is through the act of individual secession.

In addition to declarations on You Tube or writings of blogs, another of the ways in which I proclaim my autonomy from the state is by refusing to participate in the election process. I no longer vote in any election and I no longer hold any party affiliation.

But to simply refuse to vote is not enough, at least not for me. There are many people who simply don't vote because of apathy or a host of other reasons. I do not want to be accidentally counted among them. So what I have done is to take an active non-voting roll as opposed to the passive. I have literally had my name expunged from the voting rolls. You see, registered voters who just don't show up at the polls make no positive statement to the state.

One doesn't know if they stayed home out of principle or if they just didn't want to miss the latest scuttlebutt on reality TV. But when one actually goes to the trouble to have their name removed from the voting rolls, that one act, in my opinion, speaks louder than all the votes cast prior to that point. I take my individual secession quite seriously and to actively and publicly remove myself from the voting process is just one more expression of it, plus it maintains the integrity of my position by not being hypocritical which for me, participation in elections would be.

Now I am not so naive as to think that just because I declare myself as an individual secessionist and have gone to the lengths I did that the State recognizes me as an emancipated individual. But you see that is the beauty of anarchism. I don't define myself by what the state thinks, but by how I choose to define myself. I am an individual secessionist and what the state says be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,962,472 times
Hmmm...
Posted 7/9/2010.
No responses.
Obviously, the state doesn't care,
Neither does anybody else.
No doubt just a tempest in a teapot
an exercise in futility
Much ado about nothing
a failed attempt at 15 minutes of fame
etc.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,938,401 times
You can secede all you want but if you earn money you better pay your taxes.

But reading the OP's post I read ideas that sound like an obsessive compulsive illness.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Two years and no posts, this was a funny find. I wonder how his individual secession is going for him.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:06 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,509,259 times
The IRS is secretly monitoring C-D

Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,937,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
As an avowed anarchist, one of the ways that I disengage from the state is through the act of individual secession.

In addition to declarations on You Tube or writings of blogs, another of the ways in which I proclaim my autonomy from the state is by refusing to participate in the election process. I no longer vote in any election and I no longer hold any party affiliation.

But to simply refuse to vote is not enough, at least not for me. There are many people who simply don't vote because of apathy or a host of other reasons. I do not want to be accidentally counted among them. So what I have done is to take an active non-voting roll as opposed to the passive. I have literally had my name expunged from the voting rolls. You see, registered voters who just don't show up at the polls make no positive statement to the state.

One doesn't know if they stayed home out of principle or if they just didn't want to miss the latest scuttlebutt on reality TV. But when one actually goes to the trouble to have their name removed from the voting rolls, that one act, in my opinion, speaks louder than all the votes cast prior to that point. I take my individual secession quite seriously and to actively and publicly remove myself from the voting process is just one more expression of it, plus it maintains the integrity of my position by not being hypocritical which for me, participation in elections would be.

Now I am not so naive as to think that just because I declare myself as an individual secessionist and have gone to the lengths I did that the State recognizes me as an emancipated individual. But you see that is the beauty of anarchism. I don't define myself by what the state thinks, but by how I choose to define myself. I am an individual secessionist and what the state says be damned.
How are you tapped into the net? are you stealing cable? If your an anarchist segregationist who is your ISP? Did you have to show identitfication to have cable?

I guess the basement is your lair and your moms is the Laird of Basementshire?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM

18,351 posts, read 26,473,745 times
Why was a 3 year old thread brought back up for the purpose of mocking the poster? Someone had too much time on their hands...

Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,865,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Two years and no posts, this was a funny find. I wonder how his individual secession is going for him.
He sounds like a sovereign citizen. A lot of them end up in jail for income tax evasion, which may account for why he was never heard from again on C-D.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,907,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
He sounds like a sovereign citizen. A lot of them end up in jail for income tax evasion, which may account for why he was never heard from again on C-D.
Or die in a gun fight in a Wal-Mart parking lot after killing two police officers.
RAW VIDEO: Walmart shooting footage - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies