Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 03:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, Beck's rantings and puposeful revisions of history and religion's role in government are outlandish. The people that hang on this idiot's words need to be exposed to some of the truth.

BTW...shall we bother to do a search of some of your posts and threads? All unbiased, informed and balanced...I'm sure.
I guess you aren't watching Beck today. Guess what his topic of discussion is today. Could it be anything to do with progressive changing of history? It sure could and having read so many original sources I have to agree with him on that part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,912,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you aren't watching Beck today. Guess what his topic of discussion is today. Could it be anything to do with progressive changing of history? It sure could and having read so many original sources I have to agree with him on that part.
I'm watching him right now. Sadly most liberals will never admit they are wrong. What sickinyc, delusianne, and the rest of the liberal pack on here can do themselves the favor, and at LEAST watch Glenn Beck they don't have to tell anyone that they did. No need to be embarassed. I watched Rachel Maddow, Hardball, Olbermann, and AC360 and it's a RELIEF to watch Fox. By the way, I dumped the liberal media this past December so I know what I am talking about

Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,187,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
<snip>5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck – 1,950,000 viewers (438,000) (864,000)
Right now go back and check August 27, 2009, why has he lost so many viewers
since then? I'll tell you why, because peoople are getting wise to his BS....but you
and ROB be true to your messiah forevah!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
...and? As another poster said, Jerry Springer's trashy show and all of the really stupid reality shows are successful too. The dumbing down of America is prevalent. Quantity does not equate to quality.
oh come on, successful to a minor degree compared to the ones being stated above. You are so far to the left or just so hateful of anything or anybody that doesn't think exactly like you that you lose credability and any ability to reason.

Nita

Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
If I had not seen your post, I might have missed the opportunity to point out an even bigger hypocrisy than Beck's veiled accusation of unfair and unbalanced media coverage as respective to Byrd's past history.
Glenn Beck failed to underscore the greater lesson, that men and minds do change and whatever moral transformation Senator Byrd went through, the change of heart that he made to align himself with a
higher moral standard is really the bottom line. If Beck was anything more than a well paid media clown, he might have reflected on his own life, his own career and found words of praise for the accomplishments
of Senator Robert Byrd, as contrasted with his own personal struggle with drugs and alcohol.

Beck, is a self admitted alcoholic and former drug user who made a similar epiphany, saw the error of his ways and made the changes in his lifestyle that have allowed him to attain the level of stature that
he enjoys up unto this very moment. Couldn't he have found some other cause, to either champion or to distort? It could just be that, earning 32 million dollars a year (salary) as an opportunistic sensationalist,
has clouded his tunnel vision. Glenn has obviously been vetted by Bull O'Raggedy!
Excellent points. While not completely parallel, it may explain a bit:

SSRN-When Executives Rake in Millions: Meanness in Organizations by Sreedhari Desai, Arthur Brief, Jennifer George

Old 07-09-2010, 03:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Yes, Beck's rantings and puposeful revisions of history and religion's role in government are outlandish. The people that hang on this idiot's words need to be exposed to some of the truth.

BTW...shall we bother to do a search of some of your posts and threads? All unbiased, informed and balanced...I'm sure.
not totally balanced, did I ever claim that, but I am not so far out that I can't reason. I don't spend my time starting thread that do nothing more than create controversy and serve no other purpose. I make comments sure and I do respond but I don't start things just to be starting them.

Nita

Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Big blanken deal!!!! You delight in posting some to the most outlandish things you can find.

Nita
It is pretty outlandish, isnt it? But it's true.

The question is, did he know better and was trying to fool his viewers, or did he NOT know any better?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not totally balanced, did I ever claim that, but I am not so far out that I can't reason. I don't spend my time starting thread that do nothing more than create controversy and serve no other purpose. I make comments sure and I do respond but I don't start things just to be starting them.

Nita
The purpose this notification serves is to remind Glenn's fans that he's either dirt-ignorant and so are all the people on his crew, or he believes the fans are dirt-ignorant and will believe anything he tells them.

It's helpful, see? You can either wise up or stay... asleep.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,912,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The purpose this notification serves is to remind Glenn's fans that he's either dirt-ignorant and so are all the people on his crew, or he believes the fans are dirt-ignorant and will believe anything he tells them.

It's helpful, see? You can either wise up or stay... asleep.
If you want to wise up you need to listen to either Michael Savage or Alex Jones. Enough said.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,187,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If you want to wise up you need to listen to either Michael Savage or Alex Jones. Enough said.
Scumbags just like Beck. Btw how come Beck lost more than a third of his
viewers in less than a year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies