Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times

Advertisements

Happy Meals here to stay: McDonald's :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2476982,CST-NWS-happy08.article - broken link)

Ha ha! Take that you jerks who want to push your agenda on us. You will win some battles, but not all. And you LOST this one, so far.

Hats off to McDonalds with the big "*********" to these loons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Happy Meals here to stay: McDonald's :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2476982,CST-NWS-happy08.article - broken link)

Ha ha! Take that you jerks who want to push your agenda on us. You will win some battles, but not all. And you LOST this one, so far.

Hats off to McDonalds with the big "*********" to these loons.

Wow, a major victory for chinese toy manufacturers.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
This was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. Well one of them anyway.

Maybe parents should watch what their kids eat instead of some "group".

By the way, I work with kids and when I do stop at Mickey D's I always get a happy meal. I put the toys in our treasure box for the kids. And it's cheap too.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
So I went to this group's website and here's their mission below.
I wonder why they go after McDonald toys yet leave Monsanto, Cargill, Hormel alone.
Where's the outrage on hormones in the milk, HFC in the food and unsanitary handling/processing of the meat. Seems to me that "toys" is not part of their mission at all.

Mission Statement ~ Center for Science in the Public Interest
In general, CSPI's three main goals are:
  • To provide useful, objective information to the public and policymakers and to conduct research on food, alcohol, health, the environment, and other issues related to science and technology;
  • To represent the citizen's interests before regulatory, judicial and legislative bodies on food, alcohol, health, the environment, and other issues; and
  • To ensure that science and technology are used for the public good and to encourage scientists to engage in public-interest activities.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
hehe, a big greasy middle finger to CSPI

Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
If people want to feed their kids greasy, fat loaded, salt loaded 'happy' meals all the more power to them.

I'm quite glad my Mother and Father never fed me that crap while I was growing up. No wonder childhood obesity rates are at an all time high.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
LOL I haven't brought a happy meal in ages. At the one close to my house the Mighty Kids Meal is over $5. I happened to go to Chili's once and the kid meal was $3.99 and the food was way better. I figured I was paying for the stupid toy, which I hate anyway and haven't been back since.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Of course youll look at it that way. This is a victory for companies not having to give in to these fringe groups that want to FORCE their beliefs and way of life on others.

With McDonalds decision, these angry parents are just going to have to start being......... parents.

Dont blame McDonalds because parents today suck. Dont blame a company because a large percentage of parents su.ck ass at being parents.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
The banners will be back and they'll judge shop until they get a positive ruling. Like happened with cigarettes. Then comes booze, then fast cars, then soft drinks, then Kool Aid (not the political kind), etc.

But weed and coke will be legal.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The banners will be back and they'll judge shop until they get a positive ruling. Like happened with cigarettes. Then comes booze, then fast cars, then soft drinks, then Kool Aid (not the political kind), etc.

But weed and coke will be legal.
Don't forget same sex marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies