Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,211,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post

I guess maybe straight men think they would rape a woman if showering with them. Hence, they wouldn't want to shower with a man they know is gay. So....I have now learned that straight men can't control their sexual impulses, but gay men can.

I will never shower with a straight man again! They scare me now.
Are all those straight men in prison who rape other male inmates "technically" gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,292,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
When the races were integrated in the military, did they ask white soldiers how gross it would be to shower with blacks?

What a shame that they're dragging this out like this. The leaders (Congress, the Pentagon, the President, etc.) should just make up their minds and put the new rules in place.
Haha, did you get your first line from the last line of the article? I'm just saying ... lol.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,944,532 times
Maybe they will start having the gay men use the same showers as the women. Hmmm, I might just be gay if I joined the military.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,588,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Stop shoving your agenda so hard.

You might get a better response.
Yeah, right. If supporters of gays don't push hard, they won't get anywhere. When gays ask "nicely", they get rejected. We saw this just a week ago when the governor of Hawaii vetoed civil unions.

You say "stop shoving your agenda so hard", but what do you think groups like the National Organization For Marriage or the Family Research Council are doing? They're shoving - big time. If they had their way, they would shove all gays into the closet forever.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:15 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,211,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yeah, right. If supporters of gays don't push hard, they won't get anywhere. When gays ask "nicely", they get rejected. We saw this just a week ago when the governor of Hawaii vetoed civil unions.

You say "stop shoving your agenda so hard", but what do you think groups like the National Organization For Marriage or the Family Research Council are doing? They're shoving - big time. If they had their way, they would shove all gays into the closet forever.

What has been asked for "nicely"?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,766,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You know, if there are gay guys in the military, they're already showering with them.

For the most part, there is private showering in the military.
They got rid of gang latrines years ago.
Really?? Thank goodness... I HATED showering in PE class during high school... I never understood why they couldn't make private showers... I felt uncomfortable even among heterosexuals especially when the coach would stand next to the showers watching the guys shower.... seriously, why would anyone do that...

Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,469,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
...I felt uncomfortable even among heterosexuals especially when the coach would stand next to the showers watching the guys shower.... seriously, why would anyone do that...
Ouch.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,015,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Probably not an old woman your age.

Would you feel comfortable with your highschool age daughter having an open lesbian coach who roamed the locker room/shower area?
That sounds like the plot of a B movie.

Not to pop anyones bubbles but my kids never showered in high school or go naked in locker rooms. Neither did I and I graduated in the 70's. Maybe our schools are doing something wrong but it was never a fear of mine for me or my daughter. And I'm pretty sure my PE teacher WAS a lesbian.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,588,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What has been asked for "nicely"?
Everything, including the civil unions that I just mentioned.

The idea that the anti-gay crowd is playing "nice" is ridiculous. How nice was it for them to take away same-sex marriage rights in California?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,086,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Is she a lesbian ?
No, As it happens she is happily married to another Sgt. Major with a 25 yr old son. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies