Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

In Canada, they give kids basic sex education starting in the second grade, including discussions about homosexuality. I don't recall hearing that Canadian society has become a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah because of it.

I don't think there's any modern country on the planet that is as fearful and panicky about sexuality as the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
In Canada, they give kids basic sex education starting in the second grade, including discussions about homosexuality. I don't recall hearing that Canadian society has become a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah because of it.
Because: America + Sex = fear, hatred, disgust, sin, evil, satanic. And the source of many jokes about America.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Because: America + Sex = fear, hatred, disgust, sin, evil, satanic. And the source of many jokes about America.
And so much of it in the name of their god.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why does it matter who she supported in the last Presidental election? Just curious because I'm fairly certain sex ed AND bad teachers have been around longer than Obama.

EDIT: I now realize your entire post was a "bash the liberals" thread. Can't you make an arguement without resorting to that kind of thing?
Because liberals want to be involved in your everyday life. Even your leader Pelosi said people need help with making decision. Even the DNC said people are too stupid to make their own decisions.

Its all about liberals wanting to run your lives.

Since Obama the Dicatator took over liberals have ramped up the effort to get involved more into your personal lifes is why I said this.

When the liberals want to allow a teen to have an abortion without telling the parents just shows you how WRONG liberals are on moral and family issues.

Why not bash the liberals in this thread, they are again wrong on yet another personal issue and need to stay out of our lives and our school.

The bad teacher I mentioned was a bigtime Obama jock supporter and got herself in trouble for passing out Obama bumper stickers to our kids. Now she has no job and has a nice little DO NOT HIRE ME I AM A LOON TEACHER on her resume.

Do us all a favor and teach your kids about this topic, it is your job and does not belong in our schools for loons to be teaching our kids the wrong way about things.

Liberals have a tendacy not to have very good moral values and you surely do not want someone teaching our kids anything they have trouble with themselves.

It is a liberal thing to butt into your personal life and most of us want it to stop.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 792 times
This is the government's "nice" way of saying we do not know how to raise, teach, educate our children. If the government is so interested in our children's education, then why is it the first place they go 4 budget cuts is education? Why are they wanting 2 shorten the school week and hours our children attend school? The government needs 2 get out of our schools (of many other places). If so interested in our children, why not help the kids who are being neglected, abused, starved, etc. & instead of going straight into homosexuality, why not discuss healthy relationships/friendships? The government is just so full of it.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:51 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
The governments have to have some say in our children's lives becaues we all know that those children from broken families aren't getting the PARENTAL care they need.

I grew up with girls who came from familes with divorced parents or parents who worked 2 or 3 jobs. Many of them got pregnant because they didn't get the EDUCATION they needed from parents.

What's more important? Have our children get the best information possible or wait until its too late?

I rather have schools teach as much about Sex Education (that is age appropriate) because we all know that in some families that education is severely lacking.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,460 times
This thread is the perfect example of what happens to a beautiful place once liberal progressive whack jobs infiltrate it. They determine generations of a lifestyle are all wrong and everyone needs saving from themselves !

Why is it that ALL liberals look for another place to "save" once their liberalism takes hold and kills an area..... Ever hear of Detroit ? Or more recent.... the whole state of CA !

Missoula and Helena are loaded with Moderator cut: personal attack who had to leave the last place you "saved" because you "over saved" it or didn't "save" it enough or somewhere in between. Why do you insist on moving someplace else and "saving" it when it's not wanted or needed ? Go back home to the utopia you left and leave the rest of us alone ! We don't need your saving..... and we sure didn't ASK YOU for it .

And what's even crazier about this school garbage.... pretty much all on the school boards DON'T EVEN HAVE KIDS IN THE SCHOOLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies