Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Blacks, generally...
Show obvious love for America and her traditions. 6 13.64%
Sometimes complain a bit about America but overall seem to love it here. 12 27.27%
Whine and moan any chance they get about the country of their birth. 26 59.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:39 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Suggestion: Get this thread deleted and try again. Leave out the "black" part because singling them out in this discussion is wrong and doesnt help anything.
Can someone explain why there are one or two ethnic groups that must not be spoken of?

If we live in a free country where we are free to discuss anything then why not talk about it?

Its a little scary when the mob wants to shut down discussion of REAL and MEANINGFUL topics because they personally feel a little uncomfortable.

That is why this is a poll...to offer an opinion freely.

In America no group no matter how big or small should be off limits for discussion!

I used to not believe the conspiracy theories about "thought police" but now I'm not too sure...

[LEFT][/LEFT]

Old 07-10-2010, 01:49 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Can someone explain why there are one or two ethnic groups that must not be spoken of?

If we live in a free country where we are free to discuss anything then why not talk about it?

Its a little scary when the mob wants to shut down discussion of REAL and MEANINGFUL topics because they personally feel a little uncomfortable.

That is why this is a poll...to offer an opinion freely.

In America no group no matter how big or small should be off limits for discussion!

I used to not believe the conspiracy theories about "thought police" but now I'm not too sure...

[LEFT][/LEFT]
If this was a real and meaningful topic, that would be fine, but this topic is nothing more then your feelings based on your prejudiced view.

You are the ones making up beliefs that are not real or even relevant.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:51 PM

531 posts, read 337,980 times
Let me say something here i havent read the post yet. I do thinks most blacks don't appreciate it. The same goes for whites. The majority of people who appreciate it are "rednecks" and immagrants. I think the problem is we have a whole generation of young Americans who don't appreciate our country. Race doesn't matter.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
The majority of people who appreciate it are "rednecks" and immagrants.
Must be the freedom to cook up meth and poach deer out season, which by the way is about as offensive a statement as the thread itself.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:02 PM

180 posts, read 188,464 times
I think you'll find that most blacks complaints are with the government. Why is that a teabagger can moan all day and all night long about the government and they are still considered upstanding citizens who love America and are motivated by their desire to make it better. While any black person who complains about the current state of things is seen as someone who hates their country?

Thats the essence of white privilege. White grievances no matter how stupid are entertained (see the recent "I feel sorry for White Males" thread..no one rushing in to tell anyone to stop "being a victim".) and black grievances always dismissed as "holding on to the past".

Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,108 times
<When I see some of my fellow Americans who just happen to be black talk about my country...OUR country...it seems that there is a lack of appreciation for all of the great things that America has done for them.>

Why?

I would appreciate your help, in my earnest hope, to give you an answer to your strange question.
Would you kindly post back, a list of all (or as many) of those "great things " that America has
done for "them", as you can name.

This way, I might see whether I, (a person who just happens to be white), have been getting an equal measure or not.

Could you do that?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 PM

448 posts, read 533,803 times
Is this seriously a thread?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
C-D is really beginning to mirror what I've been hearing about Stormfront and considering the same posters feel free to start these same threads on a daily bases makes one wonder if this really is a place where the stormfronters come to recruit?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:49 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,261 times
It seems like lot of white Americans, at least in this forum, don't know how lucky they are and are bent on destroying this nation.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:55 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times
Quote:
If this was a real and meaningful topic, that would be fine, but this topic is nothing more then your feelings based on your prejudiced view.

You are the ones making up beliefs that are not real or even relevant.
Race in America is not a "real and meaningful topic"?

Race in America is "nothing more then [my] feelings based on [my] prejudiced view"?

Gosh...I guess the last 234 years of American racial tension is really just an elaborate hoax and I'm the only one who fell for it!

Not talking about race relations will not magically make race relations better.

I believe it was the Nazis and the Soviets who perfected the art of shutting off dissent.

Looks like America may well be on its way there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies