Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

Gripes with Obama

I am a Democrat and a liberal and I disagree with several of President Obama's policies.

He did not and is not spending enough money to shorten this recession. He did not work hard enough to prevent the Republicans blocking the unemployment payment extension. I believe it should be made permanent for the people that are effectively unemployable.

He is continuing to maintain our Imperial presence all over the world. His biggest transgression is maintaining an army in Iraq and continuing to fight an unwinnable war in Afghanistan for to future profit of international oil and current profit of the international Opium industry.

He failed to tell the beach front properly owners that they could sue BP if the oil spill messed up their beaches. The Federal government should organize to protect the Federally owned marshes but the private property is a private problem. After all weren’t the beach owners and the fisherman carrying oil spill insurance? They should have done that as a cost of doing business. If the Federal government cannot afford unemployment insurance how can it afford to clean up BP’s mess.

He also failed to clean out all of the Republicans pet bureaucrats from the various Federal Agencies responsible for protecting America’s natural resources and environment. He needed to restore funding to the Park Service, the BLM, Forest Service and the Soil Conservation Service. Just stopping the gasohol subsidies would provide the money needed to protect our soil instead of risking another dust bowl.

There are more mostly concerning the economy and taxation but this post is long enough. In any case the Obama administration’s policies are far better for most of the people and the country than anything the Republicans might have done. President Obama just has not gone far enough to the Left to be really effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Obama never said those things.

snopes.com: Greatest Nation
He did say that he wanted to "Fundamentally transform the United States of America.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,912 times
Really? Wow!!! How do you see this type of program being funded? Unemployment forever! There will be a long line to sign up for that program. How long do you expect to be able to survive on other peoples money? Don't you think the "other people" are going to run out someday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Gripes with Obama

I am a Democrat and a liberal and I disagree with several of President Obama's policies.

He did not and is not spending enough money to shorten this recession. He did not work hard enough to prevent the Republicans blocking the unemployment payment extension. I believe it should be made permanent for the people that are effectively unemployable.

He is continuing to maintain our Imperial presence all over the world. His biggest transgression is maintaining an army in Iraq and continuing to fight an unwinnable war in Afghanistan for to future profit of international oil and current profit of the international Opium industry.

He failed to tell the beach front properly owners that they could sue BP if the oil spill messed up their beaches. The Federal government should organize to protect the Federally owned marshes but the private property is a private problem. After all weren’t the beach owners and the fisherman carrying oil spill insurance? They should have done that as a cost of doing business. If the Federal government cannot afford unemployment insurance how can it afford to clean up BP’s mess.

He also failed to clean out all of the Republicans pet bureaucrats from the various Federal Agencies responsible for protecting America’s natural resources and environment. He needed to restore funding to the Park Service, the BLM, Forest Service and the Soil Conservation Service. Just stopping the gasohol subsidies would provide the money needed to protect our soil instead of risking another dust bowl.

There are more mostly concerning the economy and taxation but this post is long enough. In any case the Obama administration’s policies are far better for most of the people and the country than anything the Republicans might have done. President Obama just has not gone far enough to the Left to be really effective.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The linked article uses Taiwan as an example of a country attracting foreign investment because they cut their corporate tax rate from 20 to 15 percent. Maybe they can afford to do this because they have national health insurance. Perhaps, if the U.S. did the same, we could lower our corporate tax rates and be competitive with Taiwan. Further, the exodus of U.S. companies to foreign countries did not start the day President Obama took office. Is the right now embracing Barbara Streisand? LOL.
You know the OP - peoples' usefulness, or lack thereof correlate directly with how they feel about the president on any given day. If Ms Streisand declares today or tomorrow that she still supports the president, the OP will throw her right back under the bus.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Really? Wow!!! How do you see this type of program being funded? Unemployment forever! There will be a long line to sign up for that program. How long do you expect to be able to survive on other peoples money? Don't you think the "other people" are going to run out someday?
I give GregW some credit he has a plan to pay for it,he wants to get rid of all the tax cuts all the way back before Reagan.In other words the rich will pay 90%

Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Who exactly are the "elite"?
LOL, the ilk of Jeff Skilling, Fastow, Dick Cheney, George W. bush, and Kenneth Lay. That's an example of the elite.

They did a fine job of pulling us out of the mud. Or was it that they kept their boots on our throats?

It's too darn bad that there are very few ethical people who pull the strings that make this country run. I could care less whether they park their arses on a church pew or fall on their backs talking in tongues. What I wish for are representatives whose walk matches their talk. What I wish for are people who are honest and ethical.

Frankly, I doubt there's ever been very many that existed. I do believe Obama is both honest and ethical as well as Jimmy Carter. However, I think it takes a cut throat person with nary a real care abut the regular people of America to survive in D.C.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is more like, When Republicans have a memebr that gets caught doing something illegal they ask the offender to resign but when Democrats do they start a legal defense fund.
Oh. You mean like the 'Christian', SC Gov. Sanford when he used state $$$ to fly off to Argentina to rendezvous with his mistress?

Or

Like when SaRAH P. charged the state for perdium for how many days of working from her house? She charged groceries for her family to the state.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:22 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Democrats criticize each other. Republicans march in lockstep.
Um, Yeah....

Ask David Frum or Scott Brown about that.....

Or Kathleen Parker or David Weigel Or John McCain, or, or ,or ....

Last edited by OC Investor2; 07-13-2010 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies