Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:39 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
There are too many corrupt cops out there to allow them to have this kind of info. Your DNA is your business, the cops need a warrant when they search your car or house, it should be the same for DNA. There should be a reasonable reason to have someones DNA, they shouldn't be allowed to have it just because they want it. What do you mean convicted criminals have no rights? If someone does their time then that is it, should they be considered a suspect the rest of their life? That is absurd, you're calling for a police state, go to North Korea, you'll feel more at home there.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

They can't simply take your DNA any time they want. They have to get a warrant to do so. Unless you are convicted of a crime, then you are entered into the criminal DNA database.

Yes, you do give up a large number of rights when you are convicted of a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
I am in my 20's actually I am closer to 30 now than 20 but whatever. Some things are worth hating and cops to me is one of them.
Don't come crying to us about where the police was when you became the victim of a crime.

You have serious issues to work out within yourself. It's in your best interest [and everybody's] to seek help.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Actually, many states take your Fingerprints as part of getting your drivers license or any STATE ID and passports require you to have a set on file.

So, no its not voluntary on many types of things you need in life.
No one forces you to get a driver's license or passport, those are choices for a lifestyle. My state does not have this requirement so I do not know about the STATE ID to which you refer. Perhaps you mean the non-driver's license ID?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

They can't simply take your DNA any time they want. They have to get a warrant to do so. Unless you are convicted of a crime, then you are entered into the criminal DNA database.

Yes, you do give up a large number of rights when you are convicted of a crime.
That may depend on which state in which the arrest occurs. I believe most fingerprint & DNA gathering occurs at the time of booking/processing, not after a court conviction.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That may depend on which state in which the arrest occurs. I believe most fingerprint & DNA gathering occurs at the time of booking/processing, not after a court conviction.

Let me re-phrase. They cannot simply take your DNA. Yes, in some states it's part of the process of being booked, but at the at point they have enough evidence to charge you with a crime anyway.

They can't simply make someone give up a DNA sample.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
Nope. Not on parole,probation,house arrest nothing. I just have had run in's with dirty cops and I don't like them. None of them.You put a uniform of a cop on you automatically have my hate. I know it don't mean much to them but it does to me.
What state do you live in? I want to make sure I stay as far away from you as possible.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No one forces you to get a driver's license or passport, those are choices for a lifestyle. My state does not have this requirement so I do not know about the STATE ID to which you refer. Perhaps you mean the non-driver's license ID?
Hawaii requires fingerprints when getting your State Id and when getting your Drivers License.

and most states require that you carry some sort of ID whether it be a DL, a Passport or a State issued ID.

And I dont see an issue with this. Someday sometime in your life, you will give up your fingerprints or DNA when registering for something that has nothing to do with crime. And its good that it goes into a DB.

too long criminals have hidden from justice and if a criminal is found through his/her offspring, good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies