Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Seriously - find a new line of attack. If you can't defend the substance of the opinion piece from critiques of those who have read it, then you shouldn't be posting. Constantly accusing people of not reading your links doesn't work. You need to starting thinking for yourself and not just posting other people's thoughts and assuming everybody will see it as truth.

It is not. That guy made well over a dozen false conclusions - at least.
Ok, Mr. Counter of Errors tell me which of the two men involved here say this and then tell me when the real message began.

Hopefully, it will be a peaceful revolution, but we must be prepared for other outcomes and scenarios, as well.

I sure hope his hope for peaceful revolution works out but I am fearful that it won't.

Let me know who said those words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You keep on with the talk of an opinion rant and haven't yet mentioned the reason the man wrote the thing. I think I am going to have to go back and read that thing because a couple of you who "read" the article just don't know what is in it, or I read something that you didn't read much of.

What was the old boy's name? Why did he write the thing? When will you make an attempt to call one single thing in it anything other than what you have done up to now?
You want a book report on your own gd article? Fine - if it will get you to stop with this silly "read my article" bit, I'll do it.

What "old boy"? I don't know that lingo. The author is Jim O'Neill shilling for his "friend" Ernest Huber, running for Congress in Washington’s 8th District.

He wrote it to help get Mr. Huber elected via a massive revolution.

If you honestly think this is journalism and not opinion then you are lost.

Here's just a few of his empty threats:

Quote:
You never know, these upcoming elections may be all that saves the United States from tyranny, economic ruin, and servitude.
extremist opinion with no supporting documentation and - for any rational person - absurd. We're emerging from economic ruin under the leadership of Obama - jobs are being created in the free market every month. If that's servitude, I'll take two servings, please.

Quote:
We’ve been pushed around, and played for patsies, long enough. We need to hit back, and hit back hard. Nothing less than a large-scale revolution will do.
These poor, oppressed conservatives have been out of power for 2 years after controlling our government for well over 20... So sad their plight.

Quote:
Hopefully, it will be a peaceful revolution, but we must be prepared for other outcomes and scenarios, as well
Something tells me this guy's hoping for the bloody violent revolution he suggests is coming - and not doubt he's preparing for that far more than a peaceful changing of political parties (as happened in 06 and 08).

The rest is just the congressional candidates platform. Just a propaganda piece - politics as usual.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm on my way to Target. Shall I pick up some extra tinfoil?
You obviously didn't read the article, or you'd be on your way to the gun store to buy ammunition before Obama outlaws that, and then sends around the black panthers to your house to take your guns.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm on my way to Target. Shall I pick up some extra tinfoil?
Naw I have to go to work so I will have to let the progs have the thread for a couple of hours. I gave you a point for your post. It is funny.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Naw I have to go to work so I will have to let the progs have the thread for a couple of hours. I gave you a point for your post. It is funny.
No No, I know what it is.

Obama and Acorn hired enough prostitutes to buy 99% of all of the posters on this internet forum, and we are attacking you because the Supreme leader Imam Obama is directing us subconsciously to attack you, because you are the only one in the world who will disrupt our plans for global domination!

Woooohahahahaha

Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You obviously didn't read the article, or you'd be on your way to the gun store to buy ammunition before Obama outlaws that, and then sends around the black panthers to your house to take your guns.
Ohmigod is he really going to do those things. Surely you would know since you are one of THEM.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Roy--this is a very good article and truely expresses the feelings of the majority of the people in this country. The negative towards this are the one's who want their utopia to rule and don't understand what it's all about, because they were taught to think like they do.
Actually, those of us critiquing this opinion piece / political campaign propaganda think for ourselves.

We know how our political system works. We know how many times we have been in this situation before as a country when one ideology or another has guided us through some of the darkest periods, and we know how to spell truly because we are, in fact, truly educated in political science and the history of this great nation.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Ohmigod is he really going to do those things. Surely you would know since you are one of THEM.

See told ya,

Now you all know who I am, Imam Muhammad Rahm Emanuel

The first Jewish Muslim, wooohahahaha

Old 07-11-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Obama and Acorn hired enough prostitutes to buy 99% of all of the posters on this internet forum, and we are attacking you because the Supreme leader Imam Obama is directing us subconsciously to attack you, because you are the only one in the world who will disrupt our plans for global domination!

Woooohahahahaha

Peace be upon him.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Woooohahahahaha

99? Threre is all I see but then you have posted lots of attack the messenger posts.

One so far has proved that he read at least some of it so he is honest but I don't know about someone who howled about 7 minutes about that thing after I posted it. You is a speed reader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies