Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Republicans take control of Congress, will they try to impeach Obama?
Yes 24 25.26%
No 71 74.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,592,822 times

Advertisements

I doubt it, but I wish they would. Incompetence would be a good one. Not sure if it's an impeachable "offense" though.

Not sure what it would fall under, but undermining the Constitution of the United States by actively working to defeat its immigration laws would be a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What would be the reason to impeach him when impeach means charge and the Senate has to have a trial to kick him out of office. Now the Senate has been voting for his bills Democrats 100% and Republicans 0% this summer and spring so impeachment would be as silly as was the impeachment of Clinton. They knew the Republican controlled Senate didn't have enough votes to carry it out and most of them voted against removal, anyway.

I think you just tried to rile up the progs here with this post and show that they would all vote yes on this bit of foolishness. Lets back off and laugh our heads off about this poll. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
the senate could have bounced clinton from office, or they could have just censured him, their choice of penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Of course not, because they'd never want to waste tax money like that. What else are you going to suggest next? Spend millions to go after the guy for getting oral sex from an intern or something?
clinton was not impeached because he got a BJ in the white house, he was impeached because he lied under oath in a court ordered deposition about his relationship with lewinski. perjury is a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Charges?

1. Violation of federal election laws through the Sestak case
2. violation of federal election laws in the Black Panther case
3. failure to enforce US immigration laws (suiing the state that is enforcing, while ignoring sancuary cities)
4. Forcinig mandatory purchase of health insurance, violating federal and state law
5. Kickbacks to George Soros at the expense of the US

These are just the crimes. Why not get rid of him just because he is killing the nation? Do we have to have the military step in and do the job of the congress?
while reason three is a waste of money, it is not a crime. reason four is also not a crime, just unconstitutional.

however IF reasons one and five can be proven that obama had in fact paid kickbacks to soros, and/or violated election law in the sestak case, reason two would be against holder, then it would be possible to impeach obama, BUT the evidence MUST be air tight. we impeached a president because the evidence was in fact air tight, and there was no denying itin the long run.

the reason that bush was not impeached is because he did nothing to be impeached for. so far neither has obama.

further as indicated, if impeachment proceedings do occur against obama, it would in fact divide the country, and the level of hatred on both sides would jump ten fold. we cannot afford such a polarizing event right now, unless there is solid evidence that obama committed a crime. for instance video of him robbing a bank would work, but the suggestion that he might have violated election law, or kicked back money to george soros wont.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,421,363 times
As much as I don't trust/believe many of the Republicans in the House of Representatives, I have to think that they believe in the Constitution too much to impeach a President from the other party because they don't like him and/or his policies. The standard for impeachment is high. Birther madness doesn't count.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
As much as I don't trust/believe many of the Republicans in the House of Representatives, I have to think that they believe in the Constitution too much to impeach a President from the other party because they don't like him and/or his policies. The standard for impeachment is high. Birther madness doesn't count.

One has to wonder, though, why he has yet to answer the question of his birthplace.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 AM

372 posts, read 219,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure what the charges will be, but I have faith that some of our right-wing posters will come up with reasons why Obama should be impeached.
Failure to prove eligibility for office in the form of a doctor-signed, valid birth certificate, (not the pro-forma, on-demand one issued recently)

Given that this potus is on the verge of destroying the long-term viability of the Democrat party, I can't see that they would oppose him being impeached. It would be a good time to dump this pariah "with cover", and go a long way to restory normal America's faith in them as they did in the days of Truman. Now, it is the home of the fringes and kooks.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,040,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure what the charges will be, but I have faith that some of our right-wing posters will come up with reasons why Obama should be impeached.

They can't impeach a President just because they don't like him.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,040,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
Failure to prove eligibility for office in the form of a doctor-signed, valid birth certificate, (not the pro-forma, on-demand one issued recently)

Given that this potus is on the verge of destroying the long-term viability of the Democrat party, I can't see that they would oppose him being impeached. It would be a good time to dump this pariah "with cover", and go a long way to restory normal America's faith in them as they did in the days of Truman. Now, it is the home of the fringes and kooks.

Birfer alert.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Birfer alert.
what's a "birfer"?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
what's a "birfer"?
it is sad when one cant spell birther.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:32 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,762,090 times
Impeach him for what? Making bad decisions? Every POTUS does that. I cannot stand him or his cabinet's liberal policies, but impeaching him would be ludacris. Unless he does something outright against the law, then no......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies