Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Republicans take control of Congress, will they try to impeach Obama?
Yes 24 25.26%
No 71 74.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,164,588 times

Advertisements

With Republicans in control of Congress their business will be much more effective if they just beat Obama into submission.

A Dhimi-god, as it were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 11:15 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,590,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Impeach him for what? Making bad decisions? Every POTUS does that. I cannot stand him or his cabinet's liberal policies, but impeaching him would be ludacris. Unless he does something outright against the law, then no......

There are a few:

1. The oil spill mis-management. His uncaring attitude, and unwillingness to allow help from other countries. Not sure that's impeachable though.

2. His status as a natural born citizen is still in doubt.

3. His actively working against federal immigration laws could be a reason.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:18 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,049,033 times
Unfortunately stupidity and ineptitude are not chargeable offenses. If they were, the government would be considerably smaller than it is. The hope this November is not to impeach Obama but simply to contain. The last thing in the world I'd want to see right now is Obama kicked out. If he left office today, he'd be replaced by Biden (scary) and if Biden went with him that would leave Pelosi (Apocalyptically scary) as POTUS.

Sorry. Republicans aren't quite as dumb as you want to imagine.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:51 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,418,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
One has to wonder, though, why he has yet to answer the question of his birthplace.
And this one has to wonder why the answer given long ago has not been accepted by some people.

Quote:
2. His status as a natural born citizen is still in doubt.
Only to birthers.

Quote:
3. His actively working against federal immigration laws could be a reason.
Even if that was true (it's not), that reason could be a stretch. I suspect that after Clinton was impeached, most Members of Congress will need REAL and substantial reasons to go down that road again.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,985,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I'm sure the Republicans already think they have a good reason to impeach Obama.
They do, they enjoy witch hunts

Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,393,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If George W (as a puppet for Cheny and Rumsfeld) wasn't impeached for starting a vendetta/profiteer war against Iraq then I highly doubt that President Obama has anything to worry about.
Yeah, the same people who voted to go to war and agreed on it would have impeached him. Where do you come up with this BS?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,393,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
And this one has to wonder why the answer given long ago has not been accepted by some people.

Only to birthers.

Even if that was true (it's not), that reason could be a stretch. I suspect that after Clinton was impeached, most Members of Congress will need REAL and substantial reasons to go down that road again.
Are you saying that the POTUS lying under oath is NOT a REAL situation?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,791,353 times
They likely won't have the votes to convict. The reason the Congress impeached Clinton was to pick up a few seats, and they got thrown for a loss. Next year's Congress will learn from that. I suppose if the "birthers" get a majority they could pass a feel-good resolution declaring that Obama's birth certificate is invalid. Wait until 2013 to see who is President then.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure what the charges will be, but I have faith that some of our right-wing posters will come up with reasons why Obama should be impeached.
I am beginning to think you are another one that will post anything to stir up trouble...First of all I think it is doubtful the Republicans will make quite that strong of gain. They will pick up a hell of a lot of seats, but to take over, that would be a surprise. If they do, no, they will not try and impeach him. Sure you have a few over the edge right wingers that might like to, but it would be political suicide if nothing else.

Nita

Old 07-12-2010, 01:21 PM

382 posts, read 301,247 times
Hope so. Just a few reasons. Being a communist,non citizen,perjury etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies