Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,829 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a lot of concern about gays in the military, and they tend to all center around "being uncomfortable", either in the shower or in general duties. Although I don't agree, I can at least understand the roots of the discomfort.

Here is my question: Why is it OK to ask someone to kill another human (a reasonable possibility of being in the military), but having to stand next to a homosexual is absolutely out of the question? Why is the (exceptionally remote) possibility of having to "take it up the chute" greater than the possibility of having to kill a person who might be innocent? "Being Gay" isn't in the Ten Commandments, but killing is. Given that upwards of 600,000 Iraqis have been killed since the invasion (at least a few of which had to be innocent) that has to outnumber the number of gay soldiers who have raped straight ones... I've only heard of one military "gay-rape"... hardly a widespread problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 07:16 PM

451 posts, read 835,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
There seems to be a lot of concern about gays in the military, and they tend to all center around "being uncomfortable", either in the shower or in general duties. Although I don't agree, I can at least understand the roots of the discomfort.

Here is my question: Why is it OK to ask someone to kill another human (a reasonable possibility of being in the military), but having to stand next to a homosexual is absolutely out of the question? Why is the (exceptionally remote) possibility of having to "take it up the chute" greater than the possibility of having to kill a person who might be innocent? "Being Gay" isn't in the Ten Commandments, but killing is. Given that upwards of 600,000 Iraqis have been killed since the invasion (at least a few of which had to be innocent) that has to outnumber the number of gay soldiers who have raped straight ones... I've only heard of one military "gay-rape"... hardly a widespread problem
It's kind of hard to take you seriously when you write stuff like
Quote:
"Given that upwards of 600,000 Iraqis have been killed since the invasion"
Killing an enemy/human being in a war is normal, being a homosexul is not it's as simple as that.

Side note I do realize how ironic my post may seem to some.

Inflated Iraq Body Count

Old 06-25-2007, 07:26 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post

Killing an enemy/human being in a war is normal, being a homosexul is not it's as simple as that.[/url]
uh oh here we go again! thats just way to logical and simple minded sprinter, everything isnt black and white, these things are very complex !

Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,829 times
Quote:
It's kind of hard to take you seriously when you write stuff like

Killing an enemy/human being in a war is normal, being a homosexul is not it's as simple as that.

Side note I do realize how ironic my post may seem to some.

Inflated Iraq Body Count
Wow. It's called doing a little research (I recommend it to all).

First, you'll note that I did not say "killed by Americans"... but if we F-up their country and they die in an insurgent attack, we are at least a little bit responsible. Most of the deaths are considered "wrongful" and the result of us unleashing a S**T storm of chaos upon their home, vs the number of deaths in the years before we intervened.

Here is a quick summary of the news out there, for those who are research impaired. Do a Google if you want to double check me. Sorry to all the Bush-lovers if I burst your bubble with the sharp needle called truth.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article..._20071010.html (and FYI, the Wall Street Journal isn't really "liberal media")

Here's a quote:
This study, "The Human Cost of the War in Iraq," puts civilian fatalities at 426,369 to 793,663, with a 95% certainty that the figure falls in that range, and the highest probability given to the figure of 601,027.

War and turmoil has cost 600,000 Iraqi lives, study finds - Times Online

Here's a quote:
"It estimated that a total of 654,965 more Iraqis had died as a consequence of the war than "would have been expected in a non-conflict situation". Of those, 601,000 it was said had died directly of violent causes, including gunfire, car bombs, air strikes and other explosions."

I guess all of that is just "normal" though BTW, watch the discovery channel sometime, you'll see that homosexuality happens in dogs, penguins, and many other animals.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:26 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Evlevo - they are Muslims.Arabs.*******s. Probably all involved in the 9/11 incident. God does not love them. Who cares?

(sarcasm)

Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 PM

451 posts, read 835,908 times
silas777
Quote:
uh oh here we go again! thats just way to logical and simple minded sprinter, everything isnt black and white, these things are very complex !
Maybe thats why life is so simple and enjoyable for me.

Quote:
(and FYI, the Wall Street Journal isn't really "liberal media")
I am well aware of the ridiculous estimate, if like that sort of thing you should love this.

"UCLA Political Science Professor Timothy Groseclose and University of Missouri economist Jeffrey Milyo who found the "Wall Street Journal tilts to the left more than that of any other major news outlet."

Quote:
homosexuality happens in dogs, penguins, and many other animals

Even if true It wouldn't make it normal or right for humans what's next "rape happens in dogs, penguins, and many other animals"? I don't think we should get sex advice from animals

Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:

Even if true It wouldn't make it normal or right for humans what's next "rape happens in dogs, penguins, and many other animals"? I don't think we should get sex advice from animals
Why did I never think of that?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
silas777Even if true It wouldn't make it normal or right for humans what's next "rape happens in dogs, penguins, and many other animals"? I don't think we should get sex advice from animals
I don't think anyone's getting "sex advice" from them... but if something occurs in NATURE, it is therefore - by definition - NATURAL. And comparing homosexuality to rape is not only offensive but totally unrelated, considering rape hurts others & is done against one's will. If someone is forced into sex by another of the same gender, that is rape, and clearly against the law... two consenting adults, of whatever gender/s, should be allowed to do whatever they choose in the bedroom. And let's not forget how many "abnormal" acts are committed by straight people in the bedroom - or do you just like to pretend those don't exist?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Getting over their heads now Gizmo, easy....

Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,246,239 times
Quote:
silas777

Yes, because humans aren't animals.

The day that dogs or penguins start raping each other is the day that life needs to end... (Though with ignorance like this floating around, a similar argument might be applicable to us...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies