Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times

Advertisements

YouTube - KERRY FOR FAIRNESS DOCTRINE; CORRECT 'IMBALANCE' MY question to kerry would be HOW? How did conservatives squeeze out and squeeze down opposing views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 09:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Of course he does. He's the gift that keeps giving. I hope he continues to speak out about things on his mind.

Maybe they'll extend the Fairness Doctrine to newspaper editorials so the conservative and liberal columns can run side by side. Who should the NY Times hire?

Maybe we should force HBO to have a conservative hosted program just like Bill Maher's.

How about "The Mind of Shaniqua, Bernie, Wong, Johann, Seamus, Giovanni" on the Comedy Channel? Equal time for equal POV.

What can we do at PBS? (I'd give you examples but I don't watch it.)

Maybe we can establish a new government agency to monitor what goes out. You know, count and evaluate, every spoken and written word to make sure there is a matching "other side." Maybe we could get those crackerjack federal employees who are going to investigate illegal's visa applications in 24 hours to do it. How much paperwork could there be?

Who knows, maybe down the road we can extend it to university speakers and college courses? It won't matter if no one signs up for them as long as we force the universities to provide equal time. You know, it might cost them all a couple of bucks, but what the heck.

Hey, maybe in the US Senate we should have one Democrat and one Republican for each state. Let's see, Kerry is from Massachusetts --- oops, that means either he or Ted Kennedy have to go. I mean, it's only FAIR.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times
The conservative viewpoint$ are covered by Viacom, Disney, Universal, News Corp, Clear Channel Sinclair etc etc. Mainstream media is dominated by corporate conservatism.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:01 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
The conservative viewpoint$ are covered by Viacom, Disney, Universal, News Corp, Clear Channel Sinclair etc etc. Mainstream media is dominated by corporate conservatism.

JoeP -

Disney is anything but conservative. Just check out some of their programs and who they support. They have their kids programs for early indoctrination right up to gay celebrations.

The outlets may be owned by corporations but mainstream media leans so far to the left, it is laughable.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times
Quote:
Disney is anything but conservative. Just check out some of their programs and who they support. They have their kids programs for early indoctrination right up to gay celebrations.
I am not talking about the Disney Movie Studio (which isn't liberal, but it is irrelevant) or Walt Disney World (or Land), but of ABC since its media outlet is ABC.

Quote:
The outlets may be owned by corporations but mainstream media leans so far to the left, it is laughable.
No saying that they are liberal is laughable when their actions, both corporate and on a media executive level are much more conservative.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 AM

467 posts, read 325,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
JoeP -

BigHouse, do you watch Fox for your news? Do you consider them to be on the right side of propriety? Perhaps you should check out some of THEIR programming... I believe they are the people who brought us such gems as Temptation Island - where you and your loved one go to a secluded island to spend erotic time with other people. I think there is probably enough hypocrisy for both sides, hmmmmm?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Not the media I try not to waste my time reading or watching. Right wing/neocon/corporate crap is everywhere. Finding centrist, let alone leftist, media is nearly impossible.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 AM

467 posts, read 325,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Not the media I try not to waste my time reading or watching. Right wing/neocon/corporate crap is everywhere. Finding centrist, let alone leftist, media is nearly impossible.
I know I'll hear it from Citigirl, but try the BBC. You might find information that leans a little left, but your exposure to WORLD events will be worth the lean...

Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
BigHouse, do you watch Fox for your news? Do you consider them to be on the right side of propriety? Perhaps you should check out some of THEIR programming... I believe they are the people who brought us such gems as Temptation Island - where you and your loved one go to a secluded island to spend erotic time with other people. I think there is probably enough hypocrisy for both sides, hmmmmm?
Actually I don't watch them, but thanks for asking. I typically have the local news on at night and visit CNN during the day. I find the lefty headlines, spin and slant on most of the news embarassing and self serving. I try to stay away from mainstream TV due to such things as Temptation Isalnd and all the other garbage that is out there. Reading is so much more healthy.

Disney is on at my house for my children at times too and to say they are not liberal is just ignorant. Even their movies have a liberal slant (as do most) these days.

But as far as the Fairness Doctrine goes, it is anyhting but. Why would the government even think of stepping in and why would anyone support this form of censorship?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
Fairness Doctrine or not, Liberals cannot compete!

Cable News Ratings
June 25, 2007 [viewers]

FOX NEWS O'reilly 2,748,000
Fnc Hannity/colmes 1,741,000
Fnc Greta 1,738,000
Fnc Shep Smith 1,580,000
Fnc Brit Hume 1,298,000

Cnn Larry King 1,100,000
Fnc Cavuto 1,023,000
Cnnhn Nancy Grace 1,000,000
Cnn Dobbs 764,000 ...........love ya Lou!
Cnn Cooper 755,000
Cnn Zahn 683,000
Msnbc Olbermann 624,000
Cnnhn Glenn Beck 511,000
Msnbc Hardball 397,000

Fox dominates all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies