Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

I am a LIBERAL and I can assure all you RW's that President Obama is certainly not. No political candidate, Democrat or Republican, dares to be left of center if he ever wants to receive enough campaign money to win. This will get worse now that corporations can vote with their money just like anyone else. You guys just lost your ability to influence elections by your campaign contributions because your donations will be lost in the round off. Don't feel bad because we liberals just lost as well.

To answer the OP’s question we liberals, and a few Democrats, want a government that is free of the control by the very wealthy and responsive to the concept of providing equal opportunity for all. Not one of nearly limitless set of opportunities for a few very wealthy and a very limited set for the rest and almost none for the poor. We are looking to end our economic imprisonment to the Military spenders and their wasteful Empire building. We are looking for an economy based on production not on speculation. Mostly we are looking for a release from the enslavement to big finance, big money and big corporations. We want to keep more of the wealth we create instead of sending it off to the gamblers on Wall Street. That is a short list of what we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Jeez, Dude, don't you know that the committee that had to start the approval process of Berwick hadn't even scheduled a date to discuss him?<snip>
You are clueless.

Look up "secret hold."

Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Guess you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I am neither a tool, nor in a shed.

So... probably so.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Dude, I started the thread, I think i know what it's about.
Then let me restate:

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a LIBERAL and I can assure all you RW's that President Obama is certainly not. No political candidate, Democrat or Republican, dares to be left of center if he ever wants to receive enough campaign money to win. This will get worse now that corporations can vote with their money just like anyone else. You guys just lost your ability to influence elections by your campaign contributions because your donations will be lost in the round off. Don't feel bad because we liberals just lost as well.

To answer the OP’s question we liberals, and a few Democrats, want a government that is free of the control by the very wealthy and responsive to the concept of providing equal opportunity for all. Not one of nearly limitless set of opportunities for a few very wealthy and a very limited set for the rest and almost none for the poor. We are looking to end our economic imprisonment to the Military spenders and their wasteful Empire building. We are looking for an economy based on production not on speculation. Mostly we are looking for a release from the enslavement to big finance, big money and big corporations. We want to keep more of the wealth we create instead of sending it off to the gamblers on Wall Street. That is a short list of what we want.
There you go again, complaining about those who earn more than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies