U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 PM

8,521 posts, read 12,310,101 times

Advertisements

Wow. I just went through the front page and seen racist things on most of the threads what in the world is happening?

As a colored person,do I have to worry about what my customers,waiter, and neighbor is thinking about every time I look in their eyes or walk past them? After reading these threads I'm get more in favor of segregation. What do I tell my 8 year old daughter who actually read some of these threads when I walked away from the computer? That's what made me ask this question. If these are the setiments of most americans,then I don't feel comfortable at all in America. And before anybody tells me to go somewhere else no I won't,some of my ancestors have been here for generations.

Or I hope this is soooo true-do most racists come on city data?
Rate this post positively

Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 PM

11,456 posts, read 13,583,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

You noticed this too huh? We've got a lot of race themed threads right now. This DOES NOT represent America, this represents a fringe group of America, thankfully.

Also, expect this thread to be deleted.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 PM

1,951 posts, read 3,022,231 times
I won't call them racist just very ignorant...neither are worth the attention!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 PM

25,058 posts, read 25,563,164 times
Quote:
Wow. I just went through the front page and seen racist things on most of the threads what in the world is happening?

As a colored person,do I have to worry about what my customers,waiter, and neighbor is thinking about every time I look in their eyes or walk past them? After reading these threads I'm get more in favor of segregation. What do I tell my 8 year old daughter who actually read some of these threads when I walked away from the computer? That's what made me ask this question. If these are the setiments of most americans,then I don't feel comfortable at all in America. And before anybody tells me to go somewhere else no I won't,some of my ancestors have been here for generations.

No only people looking for racism see it. I'm Hispanic and look it, and I haven't been told to go back to Mexico or anything. So don't worry. This is like saying if I visit the South will I automatically be threatened to be lynched?

Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,323,514 times
Quote:

It exists. Sorry. I've been treated like crap for being white. I still held and always will, hold my head up high. I am proud of myself, and so should you be!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 PM

11,456 posts, read 13,583,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
No only people looking for racism see it.
You'd like the think so. However this place is currently bursting at the seams with racism. The only difference is the majority of these posters are too cowardly to actually come out and admit it, so they dance around the subject then point fingers back out when their true intentions are questioned.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:18 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,687,847 times
Quote:
...do I have to worry about what my customers,waiter, and neighbor is thinking about every time I look in their eyes or walk past them?
Why would you care? Let them think what they want. If they're not disrespecting you face to face, you have nothing to go on. You can't worry about or control what people are thinking about you. Why even give anyone the satisfaction. If the people you care about think good things about you, nothing else matters.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You'd like the think so. However this place is currently bursting at the seams with racism. The only difference is the majority of these posters are too cowardly to actually come out and admit it, so they dance around the subject then point fingers back out when their true intentions are questioned.
Oooooo there's racism everywhere OMG the world is going to end!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 PM

8,521 posts, read 12,310,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
No only people looking for racism see it. I'm Hispanic and look it, and I haven't been told to go back to Mexico or anything. So don't worry. This is like saying if I visit the South will I automatically be threatened to be lynched?
Not true. Even threads about republlicans and democrats turn racist. The healthcare reform threds turn racist when I don't even see how they are related to the discussion.

Oh,I need to mention the anti gay threads, and the anti Muslim threads.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Not true. Even threads about republlicans and democrats turn racist. The healthcare reform threds turn racist when I don't even see how they are related to the discussion.

Oh,I need to mention the anti gay threads, and the anti Muslim threads.
So? Why do liberals always have to go around looking out and pointing out hate? Why don't you let them wallow in their own shallowness? Oh and anti-gay and anti-Muslim is not being racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.