Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
FCC indecency rule: Court strikes down FCC indecency rule - latimes.com

Free speech wins! Oh, how the moralistic types will be upset about this...

It was the Bush Administration that began to seriously crack down on "indecency" in 2004. I'm glad to see it backfired on them.
How long before you are howling about those 5 slobs that don't go along with the lefties on the Supreme Court? Of course, you know this one will be appealed one more time, I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You don't have to sell your TV. There is special programming just for kids even now, they are a big market and bring in big $$ for the advertisers. There is still "family time" and "late night". Anything that is done, either accidentally or even on purpose, isn't going to be anything much and is the price we pay for live coverage. There you go...just avoid letting your kids watch live coverage. Even the news can be upsetting.

Ok let me try this again. At 6:00 pm on a Sunday night my children should be able to watch FREE broadcast TV without seeing flying boobs!! What is so hard to get? I am not talking about Cable or late night TV but freakin 6:00 pm on a Sunday??? No that is not acceptable.

I love how everyone's answer is not to demand people act right when on live TV but to hide my kids in the closet. That is really sad.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Ok let me try this again. At 6:00 pm on a Sunday night my children should be able to watch FREE broadcast TV without seeing flying boobs!!
How old are your kids? That game was YEARS ago. Has this really been something that has happened to you since then? I'll put it as plain and as simple as possible. You're making stuff up.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Ok let me try this again. At 6:00 pm on a Sunday night my children should be able to watch FREE broadcast TV without seeing flying boobs!! What is so hard to get? I am not talking about Cable or late night TV but freakin 6:00 pm on a Sunday??? No that is not acceptable.

I love how everyone's answer is not to demand people act right when on live TV but to hide my kids in the closet. That is really sad.
Why should they be able to watch broadcast TV? Is there some right to TV in constitution? Can you site the appropriate section? Do you think the public has some moral obligation to ensure that you and your children can watch tv? I personally don't feel any such obligation.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
That is a total lie. It happens all the time. Clear as a bell. Players swear all the time while they're on the field and it all ends up on the air. What about when the fans chant B***S*** over a blown call, perfectly clear, and over and over again. Tell me how a delay addresses that? This stuff ends up on the air ALL THE TIME.
All they do is lower the sound. They do NOT allow that to happen. I don't care what you say! The times that it may get through are very few.

Quote:
How about you try raising your own kids. Try being more responsible than you are now. Make better choices for them. Be a parent. Stop telling other people what they should do when you are the one who has failed your kids.
How about caring enough about the kids that are watching and their parents don't care!!! Oh wait I know because it is all about YOU and what YOU want. Forget everyone else.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:

I hear what you are saying, I just don't know why you think there should never be anything unexpected happening in life. If you have kids you ought to know better. It's not like they are programming "the boob hour" or anything and even if little baby caught a glimpse of something you have the right to complain and boycott and he won't be harmed in any way. It's just a boob, not a bloody corpse. Which you can see on tv now btw.

I don't think people on a large scale will be going out of their way to do inappropriate things, but if they do they will pay the price of the publics scorn. That's really all you can expect. There is no way to prevent your kids from being exposed to anything you find offensive while still delivering programming to everyone else in the country.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Anything can happen on live tv.

Then they need to pay the price if it crosses the line.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
All they do is lower the sound. They do NOT allow that to happen. I don't care what you say! The times that it may get through are very few.
It happens all the time. There are clips on youtube for you to look for yourself, because I'm certainly not going to post them.

Quote:
How about caring enough about the kids that are watching and their parents don't care!!! Oh wait I know because it is all about YOU and what YOU want. Forget everyone else.
Are you asking me to care about your kids? Sorry, that's not my job. It's yours. That game was over six years ago, and nothing like that has really happened since then. I'm sure if you actually had kids who were watching that when it went down they've long since forgotten about it.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
How old are your kids? That game was YEARS ago. Has this really been something that has happened to you since then? I'll put it as plain and as simple as possible. You're making stuff up.
My oldest son was 3 and YES he did see it. I am not making up anything.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Why should they be able to watch broadcast TV? Is there some right to TV in constitution? Can you site the appropriate section? Do you think the public has some moral obligation to ensure that you and your children can watch tv? I personally don't feel any such obligation.

OMG it is freakin FREE over the airwaves TV. Not cable! It is meant for EVERYONE to watch! I think the networks have an obligation to keep their programing appropriate for the times they are being shown. And boobs out at 6:00 on a Sunday is NOT appropriate .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies