Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
My oldest son was 3 and YES he did see it. I am not making up anything.
So he was three at the time that happened, back in early 2004. And he remembers it, and it has scarred him to this very day? Really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
A 3 year old wouldn't have had a clue about anything. Except maybe wondering why mommy was freaking out so bad.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
A three year old would probably have WAY more questions about why those guys on that lawn were trying to kill each other.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I hear what you are saying, I just don't know why you think there should never be anything unexpected happening in life. If you have kids you ought to know better. It's not like they are programming "the boob hour" or anything and even if little baby caught a glimpse of something you have the right to complain and boycott and he won't be harmed in any way. It's just a boob, not a bloody corpse. Which you can see on tv now btw.

I don't think people on a large scale will be going out of their way to do inappropriate things, but if they do they will pay the price of the publics scorn. That's really all you can expect. There is no way to prevent your kids from being exposed to anything you find offensive while still delivering programming to everyone else in the country.

I agree what unexpected things happen and if it truly was an accident that would be different but this was not. They did it and did not care who saw them that is wrong!

I think if there are no repercussions you will see many more people crossing the line just because they feel they have the right.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Hooray! Just in time for 3D TV!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
I think if there are no repercussions you will see many more people crossing the line just because they feel they have the right.
Maybe, but they will pay a price one way or another.

Hopefully because it's not so "forbidden" it won't be so enticing anymore. I mean, dropping the f-bomb or flashing a boob doesn't take any talent. And the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity" is starting to prove itself wrong by the look of things going on in the entertainment world. Nobody can use the "wardrobe malfunction" excuse again. Even if the FCC isn't going to be the ultimate gatekeeper there is still a line and folks will know they are taking a risk with their careers if they choose to cross it.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe, but they will pay a price one way or another.

Hopefully because it's not so "forbidden" it won't be so enticing anymore. I mean, dropping the f-bomb or flashing a boob doesn't take any talent. And the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity" is starting to prove itself wrong by the look of things going on in the entertainment world. Nobody can use the "wardrobe malfunction" excuse again. Even if the FCC isn't going to be the ultimate gatekeeper there is still a line and folks will know they are taking a risk with their careers if they choose to cross it.

I know there is no way to please everyone but the point is that free public TV is just that public TV and is meant for everyone to enjoy.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Those who complain about indecency on TV need to keep in mind that every program has a content rating, and every TV built since the year 2000 has a V-Chip installed in it. You need to learn how to use it. It's not difficult. If you're so afraid that your children might see a boob or hear profanity, then block out the programs that are rated as unsuitable for children.

TV Parental Guidelines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 AM

73 posts, read 42,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
so, Lou, you wouldn't mind a big ol Johnson popping up on your screen ?
No, I would go into convulsions. I only see mine everyday. Its a johnson.
Doctors have to look at them everyday, wives, parents when they change their kids diapers. Its a part of the human body- get over it.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 AM

73 posts, read 42,876 times
Quote:
Oh I see so I should get rid of my TV because people can not act decently when on live TV. Nice, very nice.
Decently is your opinion. What you may find indecent (howard stern for example) I may find hilarious. Stop limitiing my choices of what I can listen to or watch on TV based on your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies