Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with comparing President Obama to Adolf Hitler?
Yes 23 24.73%
No 68 73.12%
Not sure 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Explain how America has fundamentally changed, please.
You take a peek at what happens with the income tax to pay for Obamacare next January to see a very fundamental change. Don't look at what Berwick has said over and over about rationing of health care for old people or you may find some of that. There is no need to go on because you won't look at those things, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 01:03 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I agree with you about the backfiring just as I agree with the states that are considering laws like the SB 1070 from Arizona that today were told not to do it by the man from Immigration Enforcement who said he wouldn't look into reports from Arizona. That whole thing is going to backfire on the DOJ before it is over. Why do I say that? Because Fox isn't about going to let crap like this die and will continue to talk about it.

i don't remember much from the media about the words that were continually reported from members of the left lean. Now the media is jumping in with the Dems, Hollywood, and other left leaners and making all kinds of noise about that sign. I suppose enough people don't watch Fox to keep them from doing what you say will happen but I wonder if enough take part with the MSM to do much about this sign.

I don't suppose you have seen anything today about what other Tea Party groups are saying about that sign. If you watch Fox, however, you have seen much of that.
I saw the NY Tea Party chair on Fox, and he didn't like the Iowa sign. I believe most in the TP feel the sign is unproductive and a detriment to their cause. It would not surprise me if the N. Iowa TP is getting heat from their peers.

Though I am not infavor of SB1070, I believe it is a political mistake for the DOJ to sue AZ. Not that I believe the DOJ is wrong. But like I said, politically it's a bad move. They should have waited until after the midterms.

You are "more mature" than some of us on CD. How long has the party who isn't in power called the president "Hitler". Since the 60's? 70's? I never called GW Bush "Hitler" and I rolled me eyes when a fellow liberal would do so...

Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the billboard is now down. catastrophe averted.

Iowa billboard linking Obama, Hitler removed - wtop.com (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=2001849 - broken link)
One thing I noticed in your article was he reference to the fact that the Iowa State Tea Party group and several other Tea Party groups from Iowa came out against the sign. I don't think some of our people will learn anything about the movement from that sentence, though.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I'm not sure why you think his post is so "right on".

Hitler did hate homosexuals, they got sent to concentration camps the same as the other undesirables. Ersnt Rohm was in fact a homosexual, he also got put to death. The Sa was loaded with Homosexuals but I wouldn't say the SS was. The SA got reduced to almost nothing once Hitler obtained power so it's a mute point anyway.

Hitler did put some importance on religion. Any Priests that got sent off were more then likely very anti-Hitler, it wasn't a matter of national policy. Hell, any anti-Hitler Wehrmacht Officers got the ax as well, doesn't mean he was anti-military. Remember, almost half of the German population were Catholics. When Hitler started to exterminate the mentally disabled the Catholic Church asked him to stop, he did. Hitler was a Catholic himself.

The thing that really steams my clams about this billboard nonsense is the outrage appears to only be aimed at the comparison to Adolf Hitler. Like Vladimir Lenin was an OK guy. Geeze.
Too many of the people who didn't mention Lenin here really don't think his system was so bad. Maybe that has something to do with this. Also, I am not sure how many really know a lot about Russia in the Revolutionary days.
I remember well sitting in the movie, Doctor Zhivago, and having to explain everything that happened to the couple my wife and I went to see it with. None of the 3 of them knew what was going on most of the time and were continually asking me about what it was. These three people were all college graduates, one in English, one in English and other languages and one, my wife, in Psychology. This told me that they didn't get to study much history although one had a minor in history.

Seriously, I wonder about that part of what has happened over this sign.

I think that Hitler used homosexuals to gain power but am not sure about his hate for them. Right now we are at 2 for Hawkeye's way of thinking to one of yours.

As for religion, Hitler used it to make some of the points he wanted to make in his propaganda offerings.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
I feel like I'm trying to talk to bricks here...
I have felt like that for years on these forums trying to talk to people from the left but I just keep on knowing they won't accept anything I say and knowing that the others will.

Hey, I only spent 10 months in my favorite part of the world, southeastern Germany so never got anything resembling command of the language. I can make out parts of what you say in German but not much. I was there over 54 years ago so have forgotten very much. Try to translate since I don't want to have to have to get it done to talk to you.

Do they still celebrate May Day in Munich like they did when I was there? That would be the big Communist day.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I saw the NY Tea Party chair on Fox, and he didn't like the Iowa sign. I believe most in the TP feel the sign is unproductive and a detriment to their cause. It would not surprise me if the N. Iowa TP is getting heat from their peers.

Though I am not infavor of SB1070, I believe it is a political mistake for the DOJ to sue AZ. Not that I believe the DOJ is wrong. But like I said, politically it's a bad move. They should have waited until after the midterms.

You are "more mature" than some of us on CD. How long has the party who isn't in power called the president "Hitler". Since the 60's? 70's? I never called GW Bush "Hitler" and I rolled me eyes when a fellow liberal would do so...
I don't remember anything even close to how Bush was castigated by those who didn't like him. Always things like that from the outs for the ins but never anything like that or like we now see about Obama. Maybe we really going down a slippery slope to nowhere.

As for the Arizona law, right now there are 20 states getting ready to go, four of them are nearly finished with their writing. When one looks at what Holder's people put in that suit it is hard to understand just what they wanted to accomplish. They don't enforce that 1986 immigration law but don't like it if a state on the border tries to help them out. I think they should have waited till at least after Arizona starts trying to enforce theirs to see how it is done. Oh well, Amendment 10 is about dead so maybe they can kill it with this suit, but I don't agree with "Judge Napolitano" about the outcome of all this. He says the Supreme Court will come out on the side of Holder and I don't think the ones there now, even with Kagan will go that direction.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
I can see that you haven't seen even 5 minutes on Fox today. They have been reporting all kinds of Tea Party groups that have come out against that one. I guess you really think that all the Tea Party groups are part of one group.
No, I hear the Tea Party groups refer to themselves as Tea Party groups.

If you've heard them refer to themselves as something other than "the Tea Party" then maybe those aren't Tea Party groups.

Quote:
You are totally wrong there
You're mistaken.

Quote:
but you don't want them to gain too much more power because then they may become national.
I'm enjoying the show they're putting on. And the way the GOP is turning itself inside out trying to appeal to them.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
You take a peek at what happens with the income tax to pay for Obamacare next January to see a very fundamental change. Don't look at what Berwick has said over and over about rationing of health care for old people or you may find some of that. There is no need to go on because you won't look at those things, anyway.

I see...

You're making up scenarios in your mind, blaming Obama, and geting angry over your fantasy. Interesting.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM

338 posts, read 310,645 times
Quote:
Try to translate since I don't want to have to have to get it done to talk to you.
Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Ãœbersetzung und Webseiten Ãœbersetzung

I'm sorry, but I don't think that I'll put energy in a translation, only to have it ignored by those who might not agree with it. (You're not the one I mean here).

babelfish is rather cumbersome (and funny), but it will get you near a translation.

Quote:
Do they still celebrate May Day in Munich like they did when I was there? That would be the big Communist day.

We do, Tag der Arbeit (Labor Day). Germany and Switzerland still honour this day, not to celebrate communism, but to celebrate the average worker.
Unfortunately, the last 5-10 years have seen an increase in after-parade riots, mostly unemployed youths from the suburbs who vent their frustration (or even think that it is the cool thing to do...)
In Zürich, it goes down around where I live, on the edge of the red-light district, with a majority of small businesses that are regularily destroyed during these riots. Can't believe the stupidity and brutality of people sometimes...

Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I see...

You're making up scenarios in your mind, blaming Obama, and geting angry over your fantasy. Interesting.
Do you have health insurance from your employer? If so, maybe you need to ask them about what will be done when they fill out your 1099 and report all the money they have to pay out for you. Yep, you get to pay income tax on that amount. Oh, January 2011 is going to contain some real surprises from Dirty Harry and Andy Stern for those who didn't read the bill they voted for. It is good for Congress that they passed that law that keeps them from having to help pay for Obamacare out of their pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies