Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times

Advertisements

Man, this God character has a great gig..nobody has ever seen him, he makes no mistakes, his story has been revised to "fit", the "devil" gets all blame for evil while god gets all credit for good..God even has people giving 10% of their earnings to a man to teach them what's in a book they all have. God sounds like a pimp. Speilberg couldn't have written a better script for anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
In my world, being an atheist is fairy tale thinking and there is a reason your way of thinking is in such a minority.
Are you suggesting that on matters of religion, majority rules? If the majority believes in god, then any people who disagree are in la la land? The majority doesn't determine reality.

Religion is one of the most insidious methods of divide and conquer. That's why we're encouraged to think those with different faiths are an enemy. I'm not an atheist, but I consider all organized religions to be enemies of humanity.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:53 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
There sure is a reason..you're all a bunch of fairy tale believing sheep. Indoctrinated while young, never learning to really think for yourselves, you now tote your religious baggage into adulthood and try to force your nonsense on the rest of us.

No thanks.
And I suppose you believe in the Big BANG! Why is it so hard to believe in a loving creator, but so easy for you to believe in a random BANG?

This is what always baffles me about atheists.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Are you suggesting that on matters of religion, majority rules? If the majority believes in god, then any people who disagree are in la la land? The majority doesn't determine reality.
No, I am saying that the opposite, that the minority does not rule the majority and determine reality.

Quote:
Religion is one of the most insidious methods of divide and conquer. That's why we're encouraged to think those with different faiths are an enemy. I'm not an atheist, but I consider all organized religions to be enemies of humanity.
Like I said earlier, you will find what you are looking for. If you want to see the bad in religion you will, and if you want to see the good you will. Maybe you should try searching for the good.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
And I suppose you believe in the Big BANG! Why is it so hard to believe in a loving creator, but so easy for you to believe in a random BANG?

This is what always baffles me about atheists.
Why is it so hard to believe in something that can be supported scientifically but so easy to believe in a mythical character that you've never seen, never will see, have no proof ever existed who's story is filled was childlike fantasies that have all never been proven or ever witnessed?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
There is a segment of Right wing Christian rhetoric in America that seems very war minded and eager to engage in "religious" warfare for indefinite periods of time. Religion may be the cloak for the deeper purpose. Who knows. But a segment of Right wing Christian rhetoric in America appears just as ugly and fanatic as the Islamic fundamentalists. I wish they would all just cool their guns, shut up and actually "act religious"...and not as heathen warriors intent on destroying the Earth for their fanatical mission.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Why is it so hard to believe in something that can be supported scientifically but so easy to believe in a mythical character that you've never seen, never will see, have no proof ever existed who's story is filled was childlike fantasies that have all never been proven or ever witnessed?
Do all scientists support the big bang theory and what do you think of those who do not.

I have faith that God exists just as you have faith in science even though no theory can be proven either.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
The "mythical" beliefs are fueling disastrous war tendenencies on ALL sides. It's a shame that people can't see that. Another disastrous consequence in narrow religious mindset. Its not even religious. It's delusional.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Do all scientists support the big bang theory and what do you think of those who do not.

I have faith that God exists just as you have faith in science even though no theory can be proven either.
The difference is, the big bang theory can and is being studied. God can't be studied, you're simply told to believe in fantasy with no explanation as to why. Religion is about control. Just keep giving up your 10% and don't ask questions.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
The difference is, the big bang theory can and is being studied. God can't be studied, you're simply told to believe in fantasy with no explanation as to why. Religion is about control. Just keep giving up your 10% and don't ask questions.
You are wrong, scientists have been searching for God and studying science to prove or disprove God since the first scientist.

The big bang has not ever been proven so how can a theory be studied while God can't be studied. I watched a show last night about science searching for God in our minds.

If you believe in the big bang it must be faith because it has not been proved and not all scientists buy into the theory. Again how do you feel about the scientists who do not believe in the big bang? Are you being told to believe in fantasy with no proof the big bang actually happened?

10% is for the church to support the church (pay the bills) and charities, got a problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies