Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
I'm suggesting something very, very, very simple. On the national level come out with a statement that you guys do not invite nor recruit white nationalist members, you disavow their support and do not want them as members of the Tea Party.
For the 6th time. Been there done that. Its already happened. Tea party leaders have been all over the news and done just that. Tea Party members have said that also. The Tea party does NOT Condone racism at tea party events. Legally there is jack they can do if there is. Unless you wish to strip people of their rights.

Now that is all they can do. They can not stop someone from attending a tea party event.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 PM

640 posts, read 388,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Once again for like the 5th time. The Tea party leaders have been all over the news saying they do NOT condone racist being at the tea parties. The members of tea parties have spoke out time and time again about racism at tea parties. They can do no more then that.

Why are you actually giving an ignorant racist David Duke more attention then he deserves? Havent you ever heard " dont feed the monkeys" You are giving him more attention then I feel he deserves. Since he has a constitutional right to agree with the tea party movement and there is nothing no one can do about it.
Sorry. I don't believe that sweeping such a group of people as white nationalists under the rug will make them go away......I believe the opposite. Ignoring that such organizations exist and are still alive and well gives them the opportunity to grow and prosper while nobody is looking. The KKK didn't really disappear; it morphed into stormfront, the largest white nationalist web site in the country, which is sort of a clearinghouse for white nationalists so they can find out what events are taking place where all over the country. If you think David Duke is some idiot that you are superior to intellectually, you make exactly the mistake he wants you to make. lol Today's racists/white supremacists look like your local Rotary Club.

Btw, it's "more attention THAN he deserves."

Old 07-24-2010, 11:09 PM

454 posts, read 482,526 times
[quote=beenhereandthere;15186382]
Quote:
OF course it's not illegal to be a racist, and you know very well that's not what I'm talking about.

Why can't the national Tea Parties take the same stand regarding white supremacists attending their rallies and endorsing the Tea Party as the Roanoke VA Tea Party did, Publicy disavow white supremacists who are clearly attending those national TP rallies. even though the Roanoke TP refuses to exclude them? Here is EVIDENCE that white supremacists do attend TP rallies and support the Tea Party........so you can no longer deny that there are white racists who certainly seem to be members of the TPs

No kidding, teabaggers. I see a lot of you don't want to even touch this ?....
It's a free country, and some are free to be white supremacists, some are free to be black racist, and some are free to be stupids too.

I have been to two Tea Party events went up and down, and didn't see any of the above categories, I have seen blacks, Hispanic, Russians, and others.
I am sure that if someone would have shown up with a racist sign, he would have been asked to leave. Only asked because it is a free country.

Last edited by conc1; 07-24-2010 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: I am misquoted for some reason

Old 07-24-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
For the 6th time. Been there done that. Its already happened. Tea party leaders have been all over the news and done just that. Tea Party members have said that also. The Tea party does NOT Condone racism at tea party events. Legally there is jack they can do if there is. Unless you wish to strip people of their rights.

Now that is all they can do. They can not stop someone from attending a tea party event.

Link/links please. Like to see a public statement made to this effect nationally by the Tea Party. White nationalists will not be allowed membership in the Tea Party.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM

[quote=conc1;15186531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
It's a free country, and some are free to be white supremacists, some are free to be black racist, and some are free to be stupids too.

I have been to two Tea Party events went up and down, and didn't see any of the above categories, I have seen blacks, Hispanic, Russians, and others.
I am sure that if someone would have shown up with a racist sign, he would have been asked to leave. Only asked because it is a free country.
So have you seen the David Duke video to the Tea Party? If white nationalists are not welcome at public rallies, and the Tea Party does not want or allow white nationalists to be members of the TP, why have they remained silent when given the golden opportunity and the "stage" to make it clear that they don't want the likes of David Duke and stormfront members to be part of the TP by responding publicly to Duke's video to the Tea Party?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I don't believe that sweeping such a group of people as white nationalists under the rug will make them go away......I believe the opposite. Ignoring that such organizations exist and are still alive and well gives them the opportunity to grow and prosper while nobody is looking. The KKK didn't really disappear; it morphed into stormfront, the largest white nationalist web site in the country, which is sort of a clearinghouse for white nationalists so they can find out what events are taking place where all over the country. If you think David Duke is some idiot that you are superior to intellectually, you make exactly the mistake he wants you to make. lol Today's racists/white supremacists look like your local Rotary Club.

Btw, it's "more attention THAN he deserves."
Giving them attention is only promoting their agenda and I refuse to do that. Hate to break it to you. Long as people see skin tone and put other races above another there is going to be racist. Long as there is hate in this world there is going to be racism. I can only do my part to try and change that. I cant control others.

They arent going to go away anytime soon and I cant control that. I can control however if I give them the time of day and help them spread their message.

So you havent answered yet when are you going to demand that all racist leave the democrat party. When are you going to demand that the head of the DNC get on national tv and condemn the black panthers and the other racist in the democrat party?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Link/links please. Like to see a public statement made to this effect nationally by the Tea Party. White nationalists will not be allowed membership in the Tea Party.
Bingo you do want to tell someone they dont have the constitutional right to protest. There is NO membership to be a part of lol Do you think there is a membership and say dues to attend a rally / protest in public sidewalks or whatever?

No one an tell a person they can not attend an event on a public property. They can say however they do not condone racism. Which is all they can do and what they have done. For the 7th time

@ membership Tea Party members dont have little tea party member id cards to deny someone the right to protest on public property.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:28 PM

454 posts, read 482,526 times
this is what I wrote:

Old 07-24-2010, 11:32 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
[quote=Nitsua;15186480]
Quote:

Not sure which of us your are addressing, but you included my post in your quote, so I'll answer.

No, don't have even the slightest desire to take anyone's "Constitutional rights" (when you are referring to the U.S. Constitution, it's proper to capitalize the first letter of the word "Constitutional").......

I'm suggesting something very, very, very simple. On the national level come out with a statement that you guys do not invite nor recruit white nationalist members, you disavow their support and beliefs, and that you do not want them as members of the Tea Party. Make it public that you don't want those people at your rallies and that you don't allow them to be members. It's your club and you can exclude them. You can say that if they show up at public rallies there is nothing you can do other than ask them to leave.

The SILENCE of the Tea Party on this issue is what gave the NAACP the opportunity to point out that there are white supremacists in the Tea Party........

IMO, the TP will not make such a direct public statement because, in fact, they do want the votes of the white supremacists and fear if they come out publicly and say that they aren't welcome in the TP that the TP candidates (white candidates) may not win the elections they are participating in.........so the TP wants it BOTH WAYS. lol
The TEA Party is a movement, consisting of hundreds of tiny, and loosely affiliated, separate and independent groups of people, its not a national organization like the NAACP or La Raza.

So when the NAACP calls out the TEA Party movement as racist, they all stand around and look at each other and wonder who the hell the NAACP is expecting to respond to them, since no one speaks for them.

Any popular, national political movement, will attract people who could not fill a phone booth with their supporters, because their fringe views are not accepted by the vast majority of Americans. They use these national movements so they can dust off their Hitler signs, or break out their torches and Molotov cocktails.

When the liberal left has rallies or demonstrations, like the G8 summits or anti-war rallies, who always shows up to cause trouble? The environmental terrorists, Communists and anarchists. Does this mean that we need to condemn the entire democratic party? At least the democratic party has a national voice to respond with, but I think you understand my point.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
So far I have yet to read a single argument from the Left that the Tea Parties really are racists. They whine that people on the right generalize about liberals, but liberals have no problem generalizing about the right. Case in point, I generalized about liberals hating Christians and giving preference to Muslims. Liberals cry and whine that not all liberals are Christian haters because some are Christian themselves. Yet there's no issue about them accusing the whole of the Tea Parties as racist. Talk about hypocritical generalizing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies