Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Also, Iran had a democracy before the USA took it away
would you consider oogo's failed coup attempt on a democratically elected carlos perez in 1992 to be an attempt to take venezuela's democracy away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Chavez stood up to Rice, too ! good for Hugo. At least he didn't kiss up to the Bush gang like so many misguided people did.
Translation:
"Hugo Chavez is great. No I dont mind that he murders people to stay in power"

Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Translation:
"Hugo Chavez is great. No I dont mind that he murders people to stay in power"
The Hugo Boss Fan Club needs to read what Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have to say about Venezuela under Chavez, that might change their mind.

AI and HRW are generally thought of as "liberal" organizations by righties in the US (although US conservatives loved those organizations when they were denouncing Saddam Hussein, they generally don't like them now). The Chavez fans can't dismiss what they have to say about Chavez as being US propaganda or neocon propaganda etc.

Venezuela | Human Rights Watch

Venezuela | Amnesty International

Old 07-28-2010, 01:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
would you consider oogo's failed coup attempt on a democratically elected carlos perez in 1992 to be an attempt to take venezuela's democracy away?
Where did I defend Chavez in his political activities? I merely pointed out that the US governemrnt is in favor of dictators when it benefits them. We liked Saddam before we didn't and Iran did in fact, have a democracy before the U.S. saw to it that it didn't.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where did I defend Chavez in his political activities? I merely pointed out that the US governemrnt is in favor of dictators when it benefits them. We liked Saddam before we didn't and Iran did in fact, have a democracy before the U.S. saw to it that it didn't.
We also liked Suharto, Marcos, Somoza, and Pinochet, and we tolerated Pol Pot.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
I understand that Hugo Chavez is going to appoint Stone his official food taster...thats after Hugo re-distributes Ollie's wealth (to Chavez of course)..I can't wait to see all of you liberals and especially the rich ones after Obama gets through re-distributing your hard earned money...

Old 07-28-2010, 02:41 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
I understand that Hugo Chavez is going to appoint Stone his official food taster...thats after Hugo re-distributes Ollie's wealth (to Chavez of course)..I can't wait to see all of you liberals and especially the rich ones after Obama gets through re-distributing your hard earned money...
Too bad too many progressives really do want to return to the horse and buggy days.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
What? Hollywood hypocritical? I'm so surprised.

Media Ignore Oliver Stone’s Anti-Jewish Rant, Bashed Mel Gibson for His (http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/articles/2010/20100727143537.aspx - broken link)
Networks, liberal writers, Hollywood mum about director’s anti-Semitism.

"Hollywood may shun Mel Gibson for his anti-Semitic ravings, but the right wing in George Bush's increasingly hate-filled America won't," wrote Salon.com's Neal Gabler on August 1, 2006, four days after Mel Gibson was arrested for drunkenly spewing anti-Semitic hatred to a police officer.

Fast-forward to 2010. It’s been three days since presumably sober director Oliver Stone churned out similarly disturbing anti-Jewish rhetoric to the Sunday Times, and many of Gibson’s most prominent critics on the left – including Salon.com – still haven't issued a word of condemnation about Stone’s comments."

Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Hell, we got more museums and events about the holocaust in the USA, an event didn't happen here and has nothing to do with our history really, then we do the slaughter of the Native Americans....... That is crazy!

If you ever visit the Native American museum on the Mall in Washington D.C., you will see an (almost) complete white washing of history.

Not that most conservatives ever knew anything about history, but not all Americans are ignorant. It's pretty sad.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:30 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
???? I really don't think too many people are that powerful in my life and as far as I'm aware, none of them are Jews with capes on... Stone is stoned...
I wonder if Stone is still doing coke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies