Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

I think its funny that the same liberals who said Obama wasnt to blame, is now asking to give Obama credit.. I for one am very thankful that CD exists to provide me with my daily supply of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
WHAT!! The all powerful Obama almost half way through his Presidency cant even deal with one ity bity oil spill. WOW guess that Noble Prize was a little premature.

2050- GW Bush caused the end of the world. He should have spent more money on the asteroid defense shield. God Help us all.
"itty, bitty, oilspill? Bush and the evil one, dickC didn't deregulate? Oh yeah, when did MMS have their sex, drugs and oil parties?

On occasion some people are so special they are far removed from reality. In those cases it's best to smile and move along.

I'm moving along.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I do not blame Obama for not fixing the spill. Only idiots think the government would be able to handle this.

However, yes the Obama administration, Bush administrations and earlier administrations have all let BP go off and do their thing forever. Now the rooster has finally come home to roost.
Wow! A logical post. I agree.

I'll only add that since Obama has been in office he's had a few major crisis left for him to clean up. He probably wasn't looking too closely to MMS and probably wouldn't have without this catastrophe.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
"itty, bitty, oilspill? Bush and the evil one, dickC didn't deregulate? Oh yeah, when did MMS have their sex, drugs and oil parties?

On occasion some people are so special they are far removed from reality. In those cases it's best to smile and move along.

I'm moving along.
Then educate us and list the deregulations which took place under Bush which would have stopped this.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Oh my, Alexus you are quite a trip.

Sometimes I really do think you are a Conservative in disguise, in order to make Liberals look bad; because honestly that is the only thing you are accomplishing at this point. Why I am wasting my time responding to a thread you will never look at again is beyond me.

Or perhaps I should reiterate my last point, if you are so concerned about the oil spill, why not come down the Gulf and help with the cleanup? I grew up visiting Panama City Beach many times every Summer, perhaps we can start there?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Bush and his band of bushwits sat around picking their noses in pure deregulation bliss while companies like BP cut corners in drilling for oil. This created the worst oil spill disaster in history, a problem that revealed itself after Bush left office. Enter our versatile president. Rather than giving a 24-hour response in the form of a meaningless sound bite to pretend as though he is in control of the situation, he got to work on the problem. He made BP responsible and entrusted those who knew best to work as quickly as possible to resolve the matter. Thumbs up again for Obama in handling Bush's oil spill.

Blame falls on Bush and the Republican deregulation scheme.
I like it ! ! !

Revisionist history as it happens, flashing before our very eyes.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Bush and his band of bushwits sat around picking their noses in pure deregulation bliss while companies like BP cut corners in drilling for oil. This created the worst oil spill disaster in history, a problem that revealed itself after Bush left office. Enter our versatile president. Rather than giving a 24-hour response in the form of a meaningless sound bite to pretend as though he is in control of the situation, he got to work on the problem. He made BP responsible and entrusted those who knew best to work as quickly as possible to resolve the matter. Thumbs up again for Obama in handling Bush's oil spill.

Blame falls on Bush and the Republican deregulation scheme.
Good grief, what an idiotic thing to say. You should be embarrassed, to be so shallow, ignorant and partisan.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
They must have finished the relief wells.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then educate us and list the deregulations which took place under Bush which would have stopped this.
Maybe part of the Bush deregulation was for 0bama's MMS to skip all the required inspections for the two months just prior to it blowing up.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
It seems that placing blame for the disaster in the Gulf is spreading at an even greater rate than the oil itself.
Somehow I'm not wondering why it's become more important to assign blame for this tragedy than it is to
grieve the situation, it's the American way. Nothing is less remedial and creative than getting out here on
the internet and pointing fingers, it's the way we've become after sleeping through countless foibles of
administrative legislation, bungling and corrupt politicians and our tremendous thirst for both controversy
and crude oil. whether it is (or was) Bush's problem or Obama's is really secondary to the greater fact, it's
now America's problem and because I am a realist, I do realize that both of them will recover and go on to
enjoying every appointment that life can offer. My bigger question is, will we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies