Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:54 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Then answer the questions. So far, all we've gotten is that whitey thinks he's superior. That's it. Nothing more. Do you want to try to answer the question since no one else will?
How the heck can I answer a question for people I don't know??

Any more or less than you can??

Answer that?

Better yet...why am I successful...can you answer that one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 03:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't begrudge the use of statistics when it comes to black people. I often use them myself. However, statistics are snap shot OBSERVATIONS. They do not represent EXPLANATIONS. Observations, without explanations, in regards to the black condition, creates inferiority CONNOTATIONS.

People like to throw out statistics about black crime, out of wedlock births and others. When they do this it is no different than giving you the score of a baseball game. White people 4....black people 2....that means we are better than YOU. They NEVER present statistics that show equality.....only statistics that whites have better scores on. That is because they are trying to highlight white superiority through the corallary of demonstrating (via statistics) black inferiority. Its like they don't give a damn that out of wedlock births have risen dramatically for whites, to a rate of 26% of births, since the 60's. As long as the rate for whites is less than blacks.....it servers their propoganda belief in black inferiority and their race supremacy.

They don't offer explantion to their statistical observations.....they just REJECT any external causation, which by default only leaves an internal causation. They are in the closet like gays in the 50's.....so they don't want to expose themselves. So like gays in the 50's....they attempt to lead a heterosexual life, while doing their "business" on the down low. The racist of today are closet dwellers who are attempting to avoid being exposed...however....that closet has a glass door.
What I reject is any notion that a black person doesn't have the same opportunties as a white person in this nation. You have yet to prove that black people are being held down. All we get is conjecture that revolves around whitey thinking he's superior.

Keep trying though. One day you'll acknowledge that black children have every opportunity as white people do. It's how they leverage those opportunities, starting at birth, that matters. The revolving door of personal irresponsibility confounds you every single time. You know this, but you refuse to acknowledge as much. Why is that?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:59 PM

racist are hyprocritical...

First they accuse all minorities of thinking alike, herd mentality....

But yet, when blacks or minorities on here display induvisual characteristics...they, the racist...
Continue to want to put you in the herd....

Now the above poster wants me to answer a question, about people that I don't know...any more or less than he does...

But like a racist...due to my skin tone...I guess he thinks we're all connected through some type of mind wave...like the borg on Star Trek...

I cannot answer for people I do not know...

I can only give account for my own life...

and again...tell me why all stats from blacks are tooken from the ghetto?

Whenever they measure black progress...why do they ignore the succesful segment...and instead go straight to the hood for stats??

Answer that....

Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
How the heck can I answer a question for people I don't know??

Any more or less than you can??

Answer that?

Better yet...why am I successful...can you answer that one?
No, why don't YOU answer why you're successful, and then compare and contrast your life path to those who are not successful. Therein lies the answer to my questions. I'd bet the farm that it has everything to do with personal responsibility and the absence of a revolving door of regression. Yes?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
What I reject is any notion that a black person doesn't have the same opportunties as a white person in this nation. You have yet to prove that black people are being held down. All we get is conjecture that revolves around whitey thinking he's superior.

Keep trying though. One day you'll acknowledge that black children have every opportunity as white people do. It's how they leverage those opportunities, starting at birth, that matters. The revolving door of personal irresponsibility confounds you every single time. You know this, but you refuse to acknowledge as much. Why is that?
That's what we've been trying to tell you....!

But you don't want to here it from us, cause we're 'black',you want to hear it from yourself...'the teacher'....only you can teach us...brother...our parents and grandparents have been telling us this stuff for years...you add nothing to the equation...your only superior in your own mind...

It's like your arguing with yourself...you've so typecasted black people that when you actually dialogue with them you don't even hear what they're, we're saying....

Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
NAACP's True Concern: Black People Have Alot To Lose From A Tighter Brand Of Conservatism

The first thing they should loose is the NAACP

Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM

313 posts, read 406,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
NAACP's True Concern: Black People Have Alot To Lose From A Tighter Brand Of Conservatism

The first thing they should loose is the NAACP
only one problem with this statement, is that the biggest supporter of the NAACP is rich white men.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
No, why don't YOU answer why you're successful, and then compare and contrast your life path to those who are not successful. Therein lies the answer to my questions. I'd bet the farm that it has everything to do with personal responsibility and the absence of a revolving door of regression. Yes?
AeroGuy....your silly...silly silly silly....

A kiss...cause I think you do mean well...by I'm out of here....

Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM

150 posts, read 123,678 times
I'll answer the question about why blacks SHOULD NOT have special social programs to address previous (50+ years ago), rotten societal treatment: Because it is NOT HELPING.

Throwing money at schools is not helping the black under class.

Feeding kids breakfast and lunch during school....not helping the real problem which is why aren't the parents feeding their own children.

Social promotions do not help the child who gets pushed through to the end of high school and still can't read or speak proper english.

Affirmative action in the work place does not help the black underclass as a group. It certainly may help an individual who gets a job they don't deserve...but in the world of reality, if there is affirmative action in universities and jobs, blacks IN GENERAL, will all be looked upon as having gotten something they really don't deserve. Talk about unfair! I would be royally p.o'd if I was an african american and worked my butt off, was smart and deserving...but could tell people didn't believe I got the job because I was the best person available.

Was there institutional racism in this country....yes. Slavery was unspeakably horrible, Jim Crow laws horrid. All the Johnson era welfare programs? Mostly a blight on the black family. Do I believe that Pres. Johnson was trying to right some horrid wrongs? Yes. But in the end these programs made lots and lots of people dependent and infantile.

There should always be "welfare" for those in need. Like a widow with a newborn and a 4 year old. SHE should get help to get on her feet. An 18 year old with 2 kids and another on the way, all by different sperm donors? HELL NO.

All the $$$ social programs that encourage a lack of effort are not helping the black community.

Oh, and btw, the white underclass is also suffering from the liberals bleeding hearts... But the question here is about race, so I'm addressing that.

So, to those that want to keep harping on the past, the unfairness of the situation, etc. Keep it up if you want. I am telling you with brutal honesty....99.999999% of whites in this country don't care. Most will judge you as they judge any white, hispanic or Asian....how you speak, present yourself, work ethic, etc.

If you have an obvious grudge about how blacks have been treated....well, I for one think it will only hold you back. If I noticed this kind of attitude while interviewing somebody for a job? There would be zero chance of that person getting hired.

It's time to just move on, no matter how mad you are or how unfair you think it is. Because if you don't you are only hurting yourself.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:

Yes...a person in New York has the same opportunity to drive to California in two days as a person ln Colorado does.....its just much easier...and hence more probable that the person in Colorodo will actuallly do it. Yeah....equal opportunity.....but not equal probabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies