Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:22 AM

387 posts, read 533,012 times

Advertisements

Unemployment is an extremely convoluted dynamic. Nepotism and cronyism can make a difference in whether someone gets a job or not. Racism and other forms of shunning may also be present. Off-shoring has decreased the amounts of jobs open to uneducated workers. And illegal immigrants have unfairly taken low-wage jobs that legal citizens could easily take. Another problem is the myth that an education will get you a job.

First of all unemployment lasts about 6 months if the recipient is searching for jobs. If they are not searching for jobs then they do not receive unemployment.

Welfare is for some poor families that qualify. I believe food stamps only last for 3 months. It may last longer in some states. But in the end everyone has to work. Section 8 housing requires low rent but it takes a few years to obtain housing.

Is it better to work and live in a nice apartment. Or is it better to live under a bridge or in a back alley? I bet you most minorities would rather work than be living off welfare for 3 months. Because after the 3 months they are going to have to find some way to survive.

Becoming hostile and hateful to minority groups that are using government hand-outs for a brief time isn't going to help the problem. Every time you see a minority you will be thinking hostile thoughts. And I promise you nothing good comes out of hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legtingle View Post
Well, what do you expect? It's easier to cry racist and be thrilled at the prospect of getting part of "Obama stash"...

I have NO sympathy for any group that wants others money because they don't want to put the effort in. Call me racist, call me evil Whitey. I could give a flying fig.

Last edited by LoyalTrust; 07-17-2010 at 12:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalTrust View Post
Do you have any proof or evidence that the majority of the cases have to do with lack of education, lethargy, and dependency?
Yes, there's plenty of proof. You could start by opening your eyes and witnessing it for yourself. Then, you could crack a book or open one of a million PDF files and look at statistics.

The irony of your post is this exactly why the black community is faltering. Many want someone else to "do it" for them. Educate yourself instead of being obtuse. That would be an excellent start to your day, starting today.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Do you have any proof or evidence that the majority of the cases have to do with lack of education, lethargy, and dependency?
Gee wiz, just take a look at the statistics in the black community. Tragic is what it is and democratic policies continue the decades long misery.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:38 AM

150 posts, read 123,686 times
Quote:
Unemployment is an extremely convoluted dynamic. Nepotism and cronyism can make a difference in whether someone gets a job or not. Racism and other forms of shunning may also be present. Off-shoring has decreased the amounts of jobs open to uneducated workers. And illegal immigrants have unfairly taken low-wage jobs that legal citizens could easily take. Another problem is the myth that an education will get you a job.

First of all unemployment lasts about 6 months if the recipient is searching for jobs. If they are not searching for jobs then they do not receive unemployment.

Welfare is for some poor families that qualify. I believe food stamps only last for 3 months. It may last longer in some states. But in the end everyone has to work. Section 8 housing requires low rent but it takes a few years to obtain housing.

Is it better to work and live in a nice apartment. Or is it better to live under a bridge or in a back alley? I bet you most minorities would rather work than be living off welfare for 3 months. Because after the 3 months they are going to have to find some way to survive.

Becoming hostile and hateful to minority groups that are using government hand-outs for a brief time isn't going to help the problem. Every time you see a minority you will be thinking hostile thoughts. And I promise you nothing good comes out of hate.
I am not hostile and hateful to minority groups. I am hostile to racists that use race baiting to line their pockets and help to keep the underclass of particular races on the gubmnt cheese.

Check out S. central LA, Camden, NJ, Detroit, MI, most of New Orleans....you tell me that most of these people have only used welfare or one of it's off shoots for 3 months. That's a lie and you know it.

Unlike you, I don't care what race somebody is. Every time I see a minority I see an individual and judge them on what they bring to the table. When I drive through Camden, NJ I see lots of individuals that happen to be African American that are on some form of government assistance, living in abject poverty, and not taking any responsibility for their life. This is just the cold reality....I'm sure it really bugs you for somebody to actually put this into words. Quite un PC. Truth hurts.

The NAACP and othere race baiting groups are not the black underclass' friend. You libs are on the wrong side on this one....you are the racists.

People are waking up to this. The crap from the New Black Panthers, NAACP, Rev. Wright, Jesse and Al and now Eric Holder and Barry and Michelle....Have you noticed that it's all starting to sound hollow? That your average, everday American, black, white, etc. isn't buying this anymore?

America wants a color blind society... No more excuses, no more blaming every thing on the evil white man.

Time for everyone to take responsibility for themselves. I think more of the human race than to think one group needs to be coddled and kept as unthinking pets.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The NAACP believes that racism is an abstract. Racism is everywhere, except in the halls of their own institution.
You nailed that one Aero.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Just keep showing your ignorance. The NAACP has WHITE MEMBERS and funders.
Would you describe those white members and funders as enlightened or are they just as ignorant as the rest of us pitiful and unrepentant white folk?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think the black community leadership, which has been hit particularly hard by obama's policies, are trying to deflect criticism and disappointment in obama to another subject.

Just another coordinated deflection from the Left.

Who are these black community leadership? I know of NO MAN OR WOMAN on this earth that I or anyone in my family has deemed our black leader, so please enlighten me, maybe I missed this meeting

Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
National Association for the ADVANCEMENT of COLORED People. Enough said. They're welcome to advance whomever they choose, but they shouldn't throw stones. The Tea Party is not a racist organization in the same way the NAACP is- that's more like the KKK.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I believe that the leaders of the NAACP want blacks to remain subservient, dependent, and "on the plantation", such that they have a dependent cohort to "sell" thier rationalization for failure. They don't give a damn about blacks in reality and just want to consolidate power.

Novel idea- why not

1. emphasize two parent families
2. emphasize education
3. deride teen pregnancy
4. condemn crime

"Racism" has become the easy refuge for failure of minorities in America. It is appealing, as one can attribute lack of initiative and education to "unfair" supression and "racism" and exonerates anyone from personal responsibility or failure.

Grow up. If you do not succeed in America- blame yourself. If you are comfortable with lethargy, faillure, lack of initiative, and dependency, seek the excuse of "racism" to rationalize your personal failures and you will feel better about yourself.

Your belief does not equal FACTS and more importanly, Who cares what the NAACP want or expect. It is up to the individual to have and take personal responisbility and not lean on an irrelevant group of people that have yet to move forward. Oh by the way, the attributes you've listed below, last I checked is not a trait ONLY RELEGATED to BLACKS. Now if you could prove otherwise, please point me to your findings.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, there's plenty of proof. You could start by opening your eyes and witnessing it for yourself. Then, you could crack a book or open one of a million PDF files and look at statistics.

The irony of your post is this exactly why the black community is faltering. Many want someone else to "do it" for them. Educate yourself instead of being obtuse. That would be an excellent start to your day, starting today.

Since your once again on the igrnorant generalizaton horse. Provide these statiscs that prove the BLACKS meaning a large percentage of an entire race as you've indicated are faltering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies