Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times

Advertisements

Now we hear all the time about the "hateful" Beck and how he is such a deceiver.

I challenge you Beck haters and even those who never watched Beck to watch this. He speaks with the niece of Dr. Alveda King and a pastor. Show me another show on TV that has discussions like this. Show me another show on CNN or MSNBC that has peaceful sit downs about race and other issues facing this country.

I think this will prove a lot of what is said about Beck to be false. As far as him being "racist" and what not. Where is he wrong in this show? Tell me where he is trying to prop up some race war?

A lot of you who bash him wont watch it yet youll be the first on here spewing hateful posts. I challenge you to set aside your perceptions and views of Beck and actually listen. He isnt trying to stir up anything. And his 8/28 is about honor. Its not about politics but some of you refuse to accept that. 8/28 will happen and it will be as what we say it will be. Peaceful gathering of Americans of all colors and creeds honoring our military and honoring our country.

YouTube - July 16, 2010

YouTube - 2

YouTube - 3

YouTube - 4

And please, if all you are going to do is bash without watching, please dont bother. Either bring a serious discussion or start another Hate Beck thread with only getting your cues from Media Matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
The OP's post reads like it came from ROB's lips to his fingertips. I don't call Beck
a deceiver I call him a divider. Oh and thanks but no thanks....

Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The OP's post reads like it came from ROB's lips to his fingertips. I don't call Beck
a deceiver I call him a divider. Oh and thanks but no thanks....
LOL. Yes, he is such the divider. You wont watch the video because you know it proves you wrong in the sense that you mean it. There is nothing wrong with a little division anyways, as there are at least two sides to things. But Im willing to be you have no problem with many of the ways Obama's admin has divided this country.

Really, you should watch the video. You may have a change of mind in some things or learn something.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
The haters don't really care about the truth. There is really nothing you can do to open their eyes. I would guess that most haters will not even view your video, and more importantly not one would change their view.

That's just how haters operate.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
<snip>You wont watch the video because you know it proves you wrong
Wrong, I don't have a puke bucket handy....

Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Glenn Beck is insane.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
The haters don't really care about the truth. There is really nothing you can do to open their eyes. I would guess that most haters will not even view your video, and more importantly not one would change their view.

That's just how haters operate.
Judging from their posts, you are absolutely right. They dont want to risk seeing common sense or not being able to bash Beck for something he says, so they dont watch as usual, but seemingly pretend they know enough about him to slam him.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
I got tired of watching Beck. He tackled good issues but I felt he didn't put 2 and 2 together well.
But it is interesting to listen to him when he is being interviewed. Probably because he doesn't have to try and carry the show.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:13 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,671 times
Glenn Beck is a television performer. Just like virtually every commentator on FOX, MSNBC, etc.

You know; before the days of cable news and the WWW, commentators like the ones on cable news today used to go from radio job to radio job in market to market...

Example with no specific person in mind: Conservative host in Charlotte loses his job, goes to Washington DC where they need a liberal host and fills the void. The program director didn't care about what the host really believed. He liked their aircheck, saw the potential to sell the show, and gave them the job. Then it was on to Tampa to become a conservative host again, then that ran it's course and it was off to Buffalo to be a liberal talker. Sometimes people who moved around the country a lot would find out about what was going on, but most of the time nobody knew. And no, it wasn't everyone, but it happened more than you might think. When they weren't talking politics, they may have been hosting a morning zoo type show and doing flatulence humor.

Today, you can follow everything that everybody does in the media, so it forces these performers for the most part to pick a side and stick with it.

It doesn't mean that it's really who they are.

Edit: And I'm not talking about Beck specifically. I don't know Beck. I know and worked for many years in the industry. Broadcasting is not about news. It's about sales, and not just the products you see in the commercials.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Glenn Beck is a television performer. Just like virtually every commentator on FOX, MSNBC, etc.

You know; before the days of cable news and the WWW, commentators like the ones on cable news today used to go from radio job to radio job in market to market...

Example with no specific person in mind: Conservative host in Charlotte loses his job, goes to Washington DC where they need a liberal host and fills the void. The program director didn't care about what the host really believed. He liked their aircheck, saw the potential to sell the show, and gave them the job. Then it was on to Tampa to become a conservative host again, then that ran it's course and it was off to Buffalo to be a liberal talker. Sometimes people who moved around the country a lot would find out about what was going on, but most of the time nobody knew. And no, it wasn't everyone, but it happened more than you might think. When they weren't talking politics, they may have been hosting a morning zoo type show and doing flatulence humor.

Today, you can follow everything that everybody does in the media, so it forces these performers for the most part to pick a side and stick with it.

It doesn't mean that it's really who they are.
Okay, but whats your point? Did you watch any of this? Sure sometimes he can be over the top and just be the full out entertainer. This show was definitely different. I thought it was interesting and beneficial to see him sit down and talk to these two folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies